Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WiFi Download Question

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
I am unable to connect to my home WiFi - I think. :confused:Here is where I am at.

Turn On ST16 Only
Tap Settings>General Settings>check for updates
Select WiFi - fly-out appears with a list of available WiFi and I see our network
Select it and a password entry box appears
Enter password and say "OK"
It gives a little graphic for a few seconds and then returns to the WiFi list

Question: what has happened for others and what was the time period? Does it give a "Password Failed" or "Connected" box? And of course this is now compounded by the fact that me and my wife have different opinions about the exact password, however, at some point I know I got the right password in. So what am I doing wrong?o_O

@Ty Pilot My connection happens within a couple of seconds and a little popup box says something to effect that wifi is connected. When I initially tried the process this morning, it immediately took me to the window saying 'no updates required', bypassing the WiFi connect issue entirely. It finally dawned on me that that was because the ST16S automatically connected me to home WiFi when it powered up.

Therefore, another way to test if you are connecting to the home WiFi is to EXIT the controller app (hit the return button at the bottom of the screen). This takes you to the Android UI. Swipe down the icon in the upper right, tap the settings button and make sure the WiFi slider switch is ON. Tap on WiFi, you should see a listing of SSID available. Do your normal android wifi connection process. If you connect here, the controller app should already be connected when you start it up. Did I make sense, or just confuse?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
BINGO!! Thank you ever so much @Barton !!!!!!

For some reason I could not connect through the controller app but from the android UI I was able to connect. Once back in the flight app, it was already connected and I can get the download.

BINGO!! Thank you ever so much @Barton !!!!!!

For some reason I could not connect through the controller app but from the android UI I was able to connect. Once back in the flight app, it was already connected and I can get the download.
Ty. Are there current updates we should be doing on the St16?

I am not 100% sure that you must. When I got mine, I noted the firmware numbers and compared to others who HAD updated and it was the same. However, when I went to compass calibration it would not let me in and I remember Mickeyboo had similar problems before the 400 MB update so no problem - I went to update and found that little hic-up mentioned above, in the end I sucessfully downloaded all of the updates, rebound and had a connected aircraft. But then . . . . .

When I went to calibrate the compass, I of course removed the camera and tried to start - no joy. So I put out the question - should we boot up as normal with camera on for the compass calibration initiate the start THEN remove the camera and Proceed. Well I didn't wait for the answer and did just that - it worked. Compass cal'd first time.;)

So I went and looked and the firmware and it is the same - so long story short if you have the current firmware, go through calibrations as normal and see if all goes well. My H is a year and a half old and I have never updated it. So I guess its six on one half a dozen on the other. My gut is that, with this new bird, I would like to go through all the hoops in just in case.

I am not 100% sure that you must. When I got mine, I noted the firmware numbers and compared to others who HAD updated and it was the same. However, when I went to compass calibration it would not let me in and I remember Mickeyboo had similar problems before the 400 MB update so no problem - I went to update and found that little hic-up mentioned above, in the end I sucessfully downloaded all of the updates, rebound and had a connected aircraft. But then . . . . .

When I went to calibrate the compass, I of course removed the camera and tried to start - no joy. So I put out the question - should we boot up as normal with camera on for the compass calibration initiate the start THEN remove the camera and Proceed. Well I didn't wait for the answer and did just that - it worked. Compass cal'd first time.;)

So I went and looked and the firmware and it is the same - so long story short if you have the current firmware, go through calibrations as normal and see if all goes well. My H is a year and a half old and I have never updated it. So I guess its six on one half a dozen on the other. My gut is that, with this new bird, I would like to go through all the hoops in just in case.
Did you buy the Plus?

If the Plus system will connect to our home WiFi without first requiring a password for secured routers I am very troubled. That would be a massive personal security breech.

And mine asked for a password as well, but then wouldn't let me in. Then when I went into the pad to connect to wifi, I was asked for the password and it connected. After restarting the flight app, when I went into the firmware update section - it connected immediately so I am guessing it was because it was already connected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430