Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WiFi password sticker lost

Reaction score
Hi!
Awhile ago I got a very broken Mantis-Q from a friend in a disassembled state. He took all the internals out and was trying to glue the broken body but it did not work out. So he gave up. I got the internals and a few broken pieces but the main frame is missing because it was discarded as non repairable. Recently I bought liquid damaged drone that flew into ocean. So I rebuilt the broken one with the body parts from drowned one and I totally did not pay attention to the fact that the WiFi label is now wrong. It powers up fine but I can not bind to it. Is there a way to find out what password is supposed to be for a drone with a known SSID?

Thanks
Neal

All other passwords for Yuneec products for the WiFi is 1234567890 so I would suggest using that.

Reactions: Louis924
Tried that - does not work.. I know other Yuneec products dont have unique default password for each drone but with Mantis Q each of them have different SSID and different default password. I was thinking maybe there is a way to set the WiFi config and password through a setup file on SD Card? Though it could be that SD card is only connected to the camera. Anyway, I need some help with this...

Thanks!

See this post Drone communication. It is for a different model, but you may be able to find a similar file on the SD card placed in the MQ.

Tested that but does not work.. :( I guess Mantis Q might have a different configuration file name or syntax.. But clearly it *should* be possible as it is possible with other Yuneec products.
Maybe call support? Would they be so kind?

Neal

Yuneec support just went belly up in the US, so I would suggest emailing Yuneec support in the UK or EU. Go to Yuneec’s website, scroll down and select the country other than the US. You should then be able to obtain contact information for their Customer Support.

Was there any chance the WiFi card itself had a label with the information? A replacement card would have to have the information on it.

Another thought would be to remove the SD card, connect to the MQ through the USB port and see if there is any info on the internal memory for a WiFi config file.

Already did that, the internal SD card is only for logs. I can see a buch of logs and thats it. Made a backup and put it back in MQ, this SD card is totally not easy to get to, had to basically disassemble the entire quad.. And there is no folder MISC on this hidden intenal SD card. But there is folder MISC on the camera SD card and that folder gets created by MQ itself so I believe that this is the most likely place where that wifi config file should be only MQ probably has either file name or syntax different than some other Yuneec products..

Neal

Last edited:
In that case I would try contacting Yuneec UK and see what they can tell you. It would be interesting to find out what they say.

Is Yuneec support belly up because of Covad 19 or because of their financial situation? Last I knew I was supposed to get a replacement Breeze, but after being gone now for 6 months, somehow I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Louis924
The California offices are completely incommunicado and another member had posted that he received an email saying US support was closed for good. Saw the post over a week ago. The company that has your Breeze may be able to give you information. I know Vertigo Drones in NY is only open for essential drone business (aka only in support of efforts for first responders and government business).

Yuneec said they would send me a new Breeze. Unrepairable according to Vertigo 2 months ago. They said to contact yuneec

Tried that - does not work.. I know other Yuneec products dont have unique default password for each drone but with Mantis Q each of them have different SSID and different default password. I was thinking maybe there is a way to set the WiFi config and password through a setup file on SD Card? Though it could be that SD card is only connected to the camera. Anyway, I need some help with this...

Thanks!
Any luck on this? I lost the qr-code sticker as well. I don’t remember replacing the original password but the default does not work. Can’t get any help from Yuneec I’m at a loss. Seems to be a simple issue yet it’s turning out to be lost sticker on drone = paper weight. Smh!

Any luck on this? I lost the qr-code sticker as well. I don’t remember replacing the original password but the default does not work. Can’t get any help from Yuneec I’m at a loss. Seems to be a simple issue yet it’s turning out to be lost sticker on drone = paper weight. Smh!
Try contacting Customer Support at the UK site since the US site is gone for now. They will likely need the last six digits of the MAC address (the SSID is probably something like MantisQ_xxxxxx with the x’s being the last six digits of the MAC address) to be able to look up the right password.

Try contacting Customer Support at the UK site since the US site is gone for now. They will likely need the last six digits of the MAC address (the SSID is probably something like MantisQ_xxxxxx with the x’s being the last six digits of the MAC address) to be able to look up the right password.
Thank you for the reply. Is there a factory reset for the q ?

Nothing listed in the full User Manual from their website. That would be another item to bring up in your discussion. I understand there is what appears to be a reset button near the SD card slot.

Nothing listed in the full User Manual from their website. That would be another item to bring up in your discussion. I understand there is what appears to be a reset button near the SD card slot.
Ok thanks. Customer support is a joke. They keep wanting me to send the drone in. Strange to me.

Ok thanks. Customer support is a joke. They keep wanting me to send the drone in. Strange to me.
What did you tell them and what was their response? Are they saying the only way to fix it is to replace the board that has the WiFi function?

Is your Mantis Q still under warranty?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi