Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WILL BREEZE WORK ?

PRO

Reaction score
I have ordered a yuneec breeze on walmart(US) to UK and I live in the UK. I am not sure if the drone will be compatible with my HTC ONE M8(dual band with 5ghz) also bought in UK. So will it work? Will it connect to wi-fi? Plz could you tell me! I am not sure since i read not all 5ghz phones work. Especially since Yuneec Breeze is from US.

I have ordered a yuneec breeze on walmart(US) to UK and I live in the UK. I am not sure if the drone will be compatible with my HTC ONE M8(dual band with 5ghz) also bought in UK. So will it work? Will it connect to wi-fi? Plz could you tell me! I am not sure since i read not all 5ghz phones work. Especially since Yuneec Breeze is from US.
Not familiar with HTC, I assume it's Android OP? What version is it?

If the HTC does not work, just buy a refurbished iPhone 5, ~$100 or less on eBay. My old iPhone 5 worked without any issue, hardly any video lagging (USA).
The only thing I had to do for the iPhone 5 to work better was to replace its old battery ($10 DIY). One full flight consumed less than 15-20% of full battery charge.
For gadgets that used phones, I don't use my phone. I used a used phone that I had if possible.

It will. Mine did. HTC 10 also. Have fun.

I know my phone will work but when it comes from US to UK, will it still connect? Are the connections different?

I know my phone will work but when it comes from US to UK, will it still connect? Are the connections different?
When it comes to Wi-Fi I doubt that the connections are different. I am from the continent and mine is working. I am convinced that the Dutch 5 Ghz Wi-Fi doesn't differ from the US Wi-Fi. Do you think that besides driving on the wrong side of the road your Wi-Fi is also wrong?[emoji6]

Wi-fi standards are worldwide but I might caution about buying an older phone. The 802.11ac wi-fi protocol is relatively new and many old phones won't support that. Breeze should still work with older wi-fi standards but the video lag from the slower feed would make FPV impossible. I also discovered that the older phones don't support the current Bluetooth protocol needed for the controller. Try both wi-fi and Bluetooth connections before you buy a phone.

Yes, there are differences between US and Europe regarding WiFi channels and permissable TX power.

upload_2018-1-24_18-48-40.jpeg

Also TPC is not mandatory/known/utilized in the States. Smaller bandwidth allows nearly twice as many channels to be used in US. Whereas in Europe only channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 can be used in the lower band the channels 36,38,40,42,44,46 and 48 are permissable in the US.
In the higher 5 GHz band (chan 100 and above) America and Europe have no common ground.

So the cam-firmware has to take care of different regions. And to make matters worse these standards are prone to changes over time. Hence the multiple firmware releases last summer with all the known hiccups.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33