Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will my drone even start?

Reaction score
Hi all, I just discovered that the apartment I moved into is located within 5 miles of an Air Force base. If I try to fly my Q500 4K drone outside, will it start up and fly? Or will the Yuneec software block me from doing that? Thanks!

Follow-up: I just opened B4UFLY, and it shows a yellow box titled Controlled Airspace – Airspace authorization required, see details below. One of the boxes below the map is labeled UAS Facility Map, LAANC Inactive (Apply at FAA Drone Zone)

Last edited:
Hi, good morning and welcome on the Yuneec pilots forum.
I think that your drone will not be allowed by software to start motors/takeoff.
If so, may be you'll need a NFZ (no fly zone) removal update, considering that in any case and by law you could not and should not fly in that area.

Hi all, I just discovered that the apartment I moved into is located within 5 miles of an Air Force base. If I try to fly my Q500 4K drone outside, will it start up and fly? Or will the Yuneec software block me from doing that? Thanks!
My best advice would be for you to use B4UFLY or Aloft Air Control to check if you are allowed to fly in that airspace. Many military bases will have a DOD NSUFR (National Security UAS Flight Restriction). Understanding TFRs & UAS Operations Aloft

You will also find that most military airports will be Class D airspace, but are not in the LAANC system. The Yuneec NFZ will not likely restrict you from flying as most are in Class B and Class C airspace. If you are in the controlled airspace of the military installation try contacting the controlling agency listed in the Air Control app for that NSUFR to discuss the issue.

Hi, good morning and welcome on the Yuneec pilots forum.
I think that your drone will not be allowed by software to start motors/takeoff.
If so, may be you'll need a NFZ (no fly zone) removal update, considering that in any case and by law you could not and should not fly in that area.
Thanks for your reply. Can you take a look at what I just added to my post please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430