Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will not take off

Reaction score
Took possession of my H yesterday evening.
Charged everything up today, updated firmware, calibrated everything.

Placed H on ground (no props) and powered on to see how the system behaved.
As soon as power was delivered for what would have been a take off had the props been fitted, there was an awful noise as if sand had been poured into the motors and there was obvious vibration. At the same time the controller reported that the aircraft had gone into 5 rotor mode.. "Land immediately".

Powered off.

Checked all motors for smooth rotation by hand - each seemed fine. No obvious resistance or 'gritty' feeling.

Blew into each motor to dislodge anything that could have been there and repeated the power up routine.

Applied power as if to take off and exactly the same thing occurred again.
And a 3rd time.

Gave up at that point.
It's a Bank Holiday in the U.K., so nothing will occur until at least Tuesday.

Anybody else had this issue?

Mick

As soon as power was delivered for what would have been a take off had the props been fitted, there was an awful noise as if sand had been poured into the motors and there was obvious vibration. At the same time the controller reported that the aircraft had gone into 5 rotor mode.. "Land immediately".

Powered off.

Checked all motors for smooth rotation by hand - each seemed fine. No obvious resistance or 'gritty' feeling.

Blew into each motor to dislodge anything that could have been there and repeated the power up routine.

And a 3rd time.

Gave up at that point.

Mick
Only have the props on when you are wanting to fly. It's probably that there is no resistance so the motors spin too fast without them on. Therefore you get the message. Freaked me the first time.

Reactions: THoff
Have you tried it with the blades on?

Now that's interesting!
I've had more than a couple of drones over the years and I've never heard of that issue before (we live and learn).
There doesn't appear to be anything in the manual specifying that this would occur if power applied with no props - and I can think of a small number of occasions when I might want to do so (test a new motor for example).

I have not yet put the props on and powered up, so clearly I need to do that following your advice - though it'll be a very nervous first flight!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!
Many thanks for the prompt response - i'm more at ease now than I was before - here's looking forward to 'props on' and power up tomorrow hopefully.

Mick

If you use the GUI interface on your computer there is a prop spin test you can run. That is where you will want to test motors and run checks on new motors.

Reactions: Time Flize
Now that's interesting!
I've had more than a couple of drones over the years and I've never heard of that issue before (we live and learn).
There doesn't appear to be anything in the manual specifying that this would occur if power applied with no props - and I can think of a small number of occasions when I might want to do so (test a new motor for example).

I have not yet put the props on and powered up, so clearly I need to do that following your advice - though it'll be a very nervous first flight!

Many thanks for the prompt response - i'm more at ease now than I was before - here's looking forward to 'props on' and power up tomorrow hopefully.

Mick

There are a lot of things that aren't mentioned in the manual. Fortunately we have a wealth of knowledge here in the Forum. I know I sort of panicked when I pushed forward on the throttle of my "H" and got the same noise and message about the "five prop mode". Just make sure you are outside where you plan to take off once you have the props installed. Then gently push on the throttle until it lifts off and then when it's about 10 feet in the air you can release your touch on the sticks and it will wait for your next command.

Happy flying!

Powered off.

And a 3rd time.

Gave up at that point.

Mick
Quite normal for the H. 5 motor mode is entered when the H detects that there is abnormal or no resistance on any or all of the motors as would be the case in powering up the motors without props mounted. Indeed this is what the H detects if you've lost a prop during flight. You should not attempt to power up the motors without props on. As was mentioned above, if you need to do a test on a new motor, say, then the GUI is your friend.

Get out there and put your props on, do a compass calibration, and have a nice flight.:D

Now that's interesting!

Mick
I've done the same thing here, too. However, most other drones don't have the 5th motor option, so you shouldn't have had it happen before. Just make sure you fly in Angle Mode and it will behave quite well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace