Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wires hanging out of gimbal/camera

Reaction score
Just picked up a Q500 4K from Best Buy and it appears there are 3 exposed wires that look like they have been cut or never soldered in place? I took the drone for a flight all works good except the control to move the camera. I assume this might be something that controls the camera movement?

full

Why I'm confused after doing research is the harness/jumper cable is installed. Camera powers up/down, takes video/photo but will not move or level. Any ideas? I'm guessing I should just return this?

No question about it.... those wires are part of the control for the camera and have been pulled from the connector on the other end.
We see this often when the drone has crashed and the camera has separated from the drone.
Is that solder on the ends of the wire indicating someone tried to fix it ?
Remove the camera.Notice the tabs on the body that the camera feeds from ? This is the way we normally feed the camera and the wires aren't needed. If you have the tabs (and you should) try removing the wires on the camera and see if it will work only on the tabs.
If still nothing, I would at the very least return/exchange the camera for a good one.
Good luck,
Jafo

I'd vote for immediate return to Best Buy in case this was a customer return and repack. Actually hope that's what it is, otherwise you have to ask if we're flying devices with that bad of quality control from the Yuneec factory?

Reactions: spongella
Thanks all. I'm assuming it was an open box/return item put back on the floor. I decided to just return the drone. Frankly, I had a little buyers remorse when I understood what the DJI drones could do. I decided to buy a DJI Phantom 4 instead. A neighbor had a Mavic Pro and really liked the product. The camera quality was great on the Q500 and it flew nice, but just lacked some features and range. Oh well, life goes on. Thanks for the help and support though. Cheers!

Possibly the original purchaser bought it to swap some parts from it for their own use. I sell radio stuff on Ebay once in a while and always state "no returns" because some buyers will remove parts then claim the item was not functional and want a refund. Good that you returned it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval