Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wiring harness

Reaction score
I replaced the battery housing after a crash with my q500. In the process a couple of the wiring harnesses were unplugged on the main board including a Y harness. Any way I can get an illustration or something to show how these plug back in?

I'm guessing you have a 4K, and disconnected the receiver. This is an actual picture of a 4k, and a diagram (of both 4K and Q500) that may help if that is the issue. The actual picture could be a little confusing. The wiring on the lower right blends in with the similar colored LED wire, but in fact goes past there, and connects to the receiver.

This was just a guess. Let me know if you need something else.

20181001_181156.jpgTyphoon Q Series Receiver Connections3.jpg

Reactions: Tinmanddc
I believe this is what you have. I've got 2 small wire harnesses that aren't plugged in. If you look close, one on the left is a 3 pin coming from the camera plugin and on the right, the 4 pin from the Y harness. Do these plug into anything?20190607_125307.jpeg

I believe this is what you have. I've got 2 small wire harnesses that aren't plugged in. If you look close, one on the left is a 3 pin coming from the camera plugin and on the right, the 4 pin from the Y harness. Do these plug into anything?

The one currently laying on the left goes to the hot shoe connector near the nose of the craft. You may be able to plug it in as-is, but it's much easier to take the camera mount off, plug it in, and put the mount back on.

The other one plugs in pretty much where it is laying. Can't see clearly, you may already have it plugged in.

The first picture is a mark-up of your picture above. The second one is a 4K with the wires already plugged in.

To the Moderators: I will reduce these to "thumbnails" later for permanent storage.

Green Marks.jpg

Green_2.jpg

I appreciate your help! I found the problem. If you zoom on the board, lower right there's 2 burn marks.

And this one does not normally connect to any thing. There is a small slot in the battery wall, sort of top right, this one just dangles in the battery area. See next post to discuss the burn marks. Our Posts crossed in the mail.

GUI connector.jpg

Thank you for all of your help. After I get my new board I'll return should I need further assistance.

I appreciate your help! I found the problem. If you zoom on the board, lower right there's 2 burn marks.
That is the power to the receiver. Looks like a simple short, and will probably be fine once you solder them back on. These are shown on the diagram from yesterday. Please pay attention to the note on the drawing. Yuneec reversed the color of these two wires from the normal convention. RED is GROUND, Black is POSITIVE.
The colors on the drawing are correct. Go by the colors on the drawing, and you should be fine.

It can't receive the motor start signal without the receiver powered back up. I would solder the receiver wires back on, and at least give it a try. It's a whole lot less complicated than replacing the board, and it might even work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech