Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard controller and realsense obstacle avoidance

Reaction score
Hi I have a typhoon h with realsense. When using the wizard controller it controls the aircraft just fine but I can not seam to get it to do any of the combination button functions to work. I'm trying to activate the obstacle avoidance but it only turns the led orange and I can not find what that means. It won't even retract the landing gear with the wizard. I'm doing as the manual says. Did I miss something or is there some secret? Lol

Thanks that is the same manual I'm using. When I try to turn on obstacle avoidance the mode led turns orange in fact anytime I push the magic button the mode led turns orange

I am wondering if you have an earlier firmware in your Wizard. Here is a link to the Yuneec downloads for the Wizard Wizard Wand

So I have this installed on my computer now but I can't figure out how to put it on the wizard it keeps giving me a timed out error. Forgive me but I'm not good with computers yet but I'm learning. Can you walk me through it please?

To get the Wizard into update mode you must press the red Start/Stop button and hold it down. Then press the On/Off button to switch the Wizard on. Then you will get a valid COM port to select it in the FW tool. Mine PC gave it the port COM12 but there may be another number assigned.

You can observe this behavior in Windows Device Manager. If you switch on the Wizard a unrecognized USB device will appear. If you hold the red button down and switch the Wizard on then a new additional COM port "STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port" will appear in the Device Manager. That one is the one for FW update.
FW_update.png

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22