Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard Wand follow/watch me question

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am about to use my wand for the first time with the intention of following a MX bike. The track is very tight and twisty so am not worried about the speed the H can fly at.

My concern is the elevation drops and gains. Does anyone know where the H gets its altitude reference point form? Is it the wand or drone?

My starting point could be at the highest or lowest point on the track. If I use say a 25m offset before setting off, will the H stay that hight above ground or the wand.

Would a real sense module be beneficial for this use?

Thanks in advance.

Iain

Does anyone know where the H gets its altitude reference point form? Is it the wand or drone?
The altitude of the Wizard is sent to the H for follow-me mode as well as the GPS coordinates of the wand. The tracking isn't a perfect but works well as long as you provide enough separation between the wand and the H. Sudden changes in speed and direction are difficult to follow. It's good to practice with your planned route to see how it reacts. The H can be in any position even ahead of you. Remember a couple of important points....the wand needs a clear view of the sky for GPS and the altimeter will vary some with temperature. If you go from 40 mph to a dead stop, the H will overshoot the location because it just can't react that quickly to changes in GPS position.

Reactions: hoggyjay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline