Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Won’t gps lock after software update

Reaction score
i flew with no problem with the following software

Ap v1.29
Gimbal v 1.25
Cam v 3.2.24(A)

Did an update from latest download and followed all instructions

Ap v1.35
Gimbal v 1.25
Cam v 3.2.34(E)

So basically the ap and camera are later version.

PROBLEM

I can not get GPS LOCK ( green ready ) despite 20 satellights. The ST 16 keeps saying lan d in angle mode and calibrate the compass . I have done compass calibration in an open field , no phone , st 16 far away , no buildings etc many many times .

QUESTION

How can I resolve OR how do I go back to old version firmware !

How far away is "st 16 far away". Ten feet should be good enough.

Remember, we have 30 seconds to complete the H480 compass calibration.

Suggest trying compass calibration again, ensuring 30 seconds to completion. Assuming props and camera are removed.

Plus accelerometer calibration. (You did not specifically mention completion, hence why I am.)

Jeff

P.S. Not sure what version of firmware you should be using. (U.S. versus EU) Best to ensure you ARE using the correct region version.

Its unlikely the firmware.

GPS is NOT the compass. Start up the ST16 then start up the H. Let the aircraft sit on the ground without props running in an open area with clear view of the sky for 13-15 minutes while the GPS populates or updates its almanac.

See if that makes things better.

Calibrations for the Typhoon H

Have left in open space for 20 mins
Have done accelerometer calibration.
Done compass many times within 30 secs and at the end get solid green light.
St 16 - 20 meters from the H
Same region ie EU

If I put drone on car roof ( ground plane ) get gps lock and co-orders immediately . If I take off car roof back to flashing mauve/ orange .

The reason I suspect firmware is - that is all that changed from working fine to unusable.

You should not be taking off from a car roof... that much metal will definitely give you numerous compass errors.

Thanks for the information.

Have you always flown from the roof of your car?

Compass errors often occur around metal objects of which your car roof certainly is. I stay away from large metal objects because they can not only affect the compass but also the radio communications of the H and ST16.

What indicates that you have GPS lock?

My understanding is that the ST16 does NOT show GPS lock. It just shows "acquiring" and when it sees enough satellites "acquiring" goes away. That doesn't mean GPS lock. For me GPS lock takes 30 to 60 seconds at times. Its rarely instantaneous.

Have you looked at the telemetry files to confirm that GPS was indeed locked?

If you can find the old firmware I believe you can load it again. Getting the firmware may be difficult though but if you can, you can copy it to a micro SD card just follow the loading procedure from there.

Thanks for the information. Have you always flown from the roof of your car? Compass errors often occur around metal objects of which your car roof certainly is. I stay away from large metal objects because they can not only affect the compass but also the radio communications of the H and ST16. What indicates that you have GPS lock? My understanding is that the ST16 does NOT show GPS lock. It just shows "acquiring" and when it sees enough satellites "acquiring" goes away. That doesn't mean GPS lock. For me GPS lock takes 30 to 60 seconds at times. Its rarely instantaneous. Have you looked at the telemetry files to confirm that GPS was indeed locked? If you can find the old firmware I believe you can load it again. Getting the firmware may be difficult though but if you can, you can copy it to a micro SD card just follow the loading procedure from there.
Thanks for the information. Have you always flown from the roof of your car? Compass errors often occur around metal objects of which your car roof certainly is. I stay away from large metal objects because they can not only affect the compass but also the radio communications of the H and ST16. What indicates that you have GPS lock? My understanding is that the ST16 does NOT show GPS lock. It just shows "acquiring" and when it sees enough satellites "acquiring" goes away. That doesn't mean GPS lock. For me GPS lock takes 30 to 60 seconds at times. Its rarely instantaneous. Have you looked at the telemetry files to confirm that GPS was indeed locked? If you can find the old firmware I believe you can load it again. Getting the firmware may be difficult though but if you can, you can copy it to a micro SD card just follow the loading procedure from there.

1. I never take off from the roof . I just placed it on roof and then got GPS lock

2. My def of GPS lock is when acquiring goes to READY in green on the ST16 and I can see the gps co-ords

3. Don't know how to look at telemetry files but will google and give it a try

4. I have all files I downloaded in the past so will try and load old firmware .

Having an electronics company of my own I know that sometimes if one component changes then we have to uupdate the firmware to be in sync and work with the new hardware . At times we then loose backward compatibility with units in the field as keeping all the software / firmware / compiler tool-chains in sync is a real mission .

Thanks for replys

You will not be able to install older firmware. Did you update both the ST16 and the H?

Follow this video and make certain you follow all of the steps which includes creating a new model and binding.

You will not be able to install older firmware. Did you update both the ST16 and the H?

Follow this video and make certain you follow all of the steps which includes creating a new model and binding.

Yes I did update the st16 first and then the H following the video . I’dId not do OTA update in the H but placed sd card in the gimbal and then updated the H . will try later as it is 03h44 and my spousal unit will go tilt and get gimbal lock if she hears the start up tone on the H.

Reactions: rdonson
Yes I did update the st16 first and then the H following the video . I’dId not do OTA update in the H but placed sd card in the gimbal and then updated the H . will try later as it is 03h44 and my spousal unit will go tilt and get gimbal lock if she hears the start up tone on the H.
:) I understand completely. This can wait....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech