Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Won't fully charge

Reaction score
My Duo T240 charger
Will not fully charge
My ST-16 Battery like
My stock charger does.
Hmmmmm
Only to 95% my stock
Charger will charge it
To 100% go figure.
Keith Kuhn

How do you know it did only charge 95%?

I guess you used one of those battery testers? They do only measure the voltage and are usually not very accurate. Furthermore it might be possible that your charger isn't 100% accurate as well so that the cutoff voltage is a little too high or too low. The OEM charger is actually quiet good. At least in terms of quality. The functionality is obviously very limited. I would not be surprised if the electronics are more precise than those of the T240.

If your battery is already a little worn, the voltage might also drop a little after it has been charged. Depending on how long you waited until you measured the battery, the voltage could have dropped a bit more.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I just keep them fully charged in the controller, after a flight just hook them up with usb cable and it charges, you may have to wait on hour or so to charge, nothing is 100% accurate, if it's in the high 90s between 95 -98..% after boot up, I'm not too concerned. If it's running down dramatically which you will notice then get a new battery.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
How do you know it did only charge 95%?

I guess you used one of those battery testers? They do only measure the voltage and are usually not very accurate. Furthermore it might be possible that your charger isn't 100% accurate as well so that the cutoff voltage is a little too high or too low. The OEM charger is actually quiet good. At least in terms of quality. The functionality is obviously very limited. I would not be surprised if the electronics are more precise than those of the T240.

If your battery is already a little worn, the voltage might also drop a little after it has been charged. Depending on how long you waited until you measured the battery, the voltage could have dropped a bit more.

I think you nailed it.
More testing to do.
It read 100% last week on the controller.
It may be worn. I must check my other Batt.
I think you n nailed it though.
I just took it off my
Stock charger 95%
Most likely worn.
Keith
I just keep them fully charged in the controller, after a flight just hook them up with usb cable and it charges, you may have to wait on hour or so to charge, nothing is 100% accurate, if it's in the high 90s between 95 -98..% after boot up, I'm not too concerned. If it's running down dramatically which you will notice then get a new battery.

I agree totally.
I bought the Dou t 240
So I could put my stocker
Away.
All will be ok.
Thanks for your input.
Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member