Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wouldn't Come Down

Reaction score
I was setting up the H for its first flight of the year. It went up okay and I flew around my yard but when I wanted to come down pulling left stick toward me it actually jumped up a little and then didn't come down. After keeping stick fully pulled toward me it did come down very slowly, Good thing I was only 8 ft up.

Go into Hardware Monitor and verify your sticks are working properly making full travel, tracking your movements without lag or jitters, and go to center when released. If they are not doing so after some vigorous stirring, you should use plastic safe electrical contact cleaner to clean the potentiometers on the gimbals.

The other issue is to make sure you put the Rate Slider to the full rabbit position when landing. The combination of dirty pots and being in turtle position can lead to your symptoms. Especially after sitting for months.

Reactions: lsn618 and Pier2162
I was setting up the H for its first flight of the year. It went up okay and I flew around my yard but when I wanted to come down pulling left stick toward me it actually jumped up a little and then didn't come down. After keeping stick fully pulled toward me it did come down very slowly, Good thing I was only 8 ft up.
The same thing is happening to my sons H. It will descend from say 50ft VERY slowly and at about 10 will descend no more. I cannot figure it out.

Same advice as the previous post. If it is still sluggish at descending you can use RTH and let it auto land. You need the Rate Slider at rabbit so the throttle sees full down output so motors can go to idle after touchdown. If you don’t you may get the hop, skitter, and tip over from a buoyant aircraft that won’t idle down.

Go into Hardware Monitor and verify your sticks are working properly making full travel, tracking your movements without lag or jitters, and go to center when released. If they are not doing so after some vigorous stirring, you should use plastic safe electrical contact cleaner to clean the potentiometers on the gimbals.

The other issue is to make sure you put the Rate Slider to the full rabbit position when landing. The combination of dirty pots and being in turtle position can lead to your symptoms. Especially after sitting for months.
The problem with this system compared to my RC planes, there is no way to check servo movement in real time.

The problem with this system compared to my RC planes, there is no way to check servo movement in real time.
Yeah. The "servos" are not really servos. They are all electronic ESCs. The most useful thing is to check Hardware Monitor or the "Final Output" display prior to flight. At least you can see what you are sending.
The "Final Output" shows what you are actually sending. Hardware Monitor only shows what you "might" be sending.
A quick double tap of the voltage icon will bring up the display. It works on even/odd. An even number of taps (2-4-6-1,000,000) will bring it up. An odd number (1-3-5-7-999,999) will not.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Yeah. The "servos" are not really servos. They are all electronic ESCs. The most useful thing is to check Hardware Monitor or the "Final Output" display prior to flight. At least you can see what you are sending.
The "Final Output" shows what you are actually sending. Hardware Monitor only shows what you "might" be sending.
A quick double tap of the voltage icon will bring up the display. It works on even/odd. An even number of taps (2-4-6-1,000,000) will bring it up. An odd number (1-3-5-7-999,999) will not.
I have had this for 3 1/2 years and I really don't know much about all of the many options

How did you get it down?
He started flying left & right while holding the thrust/yaw stick down until it got to about 1ft - then hit the kill switch and..boink, on the grass. Someone said to tap the kill switch while it's as low as it'll go and it should descend.

Reactions: Rubik
I assume the landing gear was down. I know I sometimes forget to put it up once I get it up, and have also forgot to lower it and usually notice it it time, but it won't land if the gear is not down. HMMMM I need to test this further.?KC P.S. Did you let the drone sit in on position for say 15 minutes. First flight of the year your gps almanac will need to refresh itself. Maybe, ??Just a thought. also if I have trouble landing I will quickly lift her up and do a hand catch, as after a few crashes I learned to do that, a little calm practice to get it overhead ,hover carefully and grab a leg close to the body.Keep kill switch finger very ready too.!!

Last edited:
I assume the landing gear was down. I know I sometimes forget to put it up once I get it up, and have also forgot to lower it and usually notice it it time, but it won't land if the gear is not down. HMMMM I need to test this further.?KC P.S. Did you let the drone sit in on position for say 15 minutes. First flight of the year your gps almanac will need to refresh itself. Maybe, ??Just a thought. also if I have trouble landing I will quickly lift her up and do a hand catch, as after a few crashes I learned to do that, a little calm practice to get it overhead ,hover carefully and grab a leg close to the body.Keep kill switch finger very ready too.!!
I was hovering for a while in one spot about 12 feet up.

The suggestion by @WTFDproject to use the Final Output display (double tap the Volts readout) is what would equate to the servos on a mechanical system. It shows the signal level being sent on the appropriate channel for the different controls. This is where you will also see the effect of the Rate Slider. Put it in the turtle position and see the outputs for the sticks on Channels 1 through 4, then repeat with the Rate Slider set to rabbit. You will then understand why you need to be at rabbit when trying to bring the aircraft down to land it.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I have had this for 3 1/2 years and I really don't know much about all of the many options
same here and I am learning a lot now
that I slowly am catching on to. we have the same name and new Englanders. Nice video places there.

I have grabbed onto the sled a few times when in doubt. Not recommended but after seeing capt.drone do it, it's not hard.
actually don't do it unless you are really desperate and you are in a position to hold onto it easily.

He can't be too far away if you are in fall River. Manfred? Have you taken any video in the cape area?

He can't be too far away if you are in fall River. Manfred? Have you taken any video in the cape area?
Manfred ? Not as of yet as theres not must of a draw to get me there, theres alot of ocean around, like Newport R.I., South Shore, and numerous other spots. Was out at Sakonnet the other night, and noticed quite a few photographers with their zoom lens in the distance, when asking them as they were leaving what was the attraction they told me there was a very rare bird from Cali, and only 2 of them got the shot...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz