Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

YUNEEC BREEZE FACTORY RESET FOR WIFI CONNECTION PROBLEM

Reaction score
From Yuneec Tech Support - A Reset Feature. See my reply below.

I apologize for the late reply, we have been having some systematic errors here on our end. I have read your email and was going to let you know that you can try doing the reset on the Breeze unit if you'd like. What you would have to do is, where the the micro usb port is on the Breeze there is a little hole beside it. What you want to do is get a safety pin/ paper clip and press the button within the hole, then turn on the Breeze. You then want to remove the pin, let go off the power button and power cycle the Breeze. There may be an issue where there will be no flashing light on the Breeze after this but a power cycle should resolve that issue. If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact us so that we further assist you with the issues you are experiencing. Thank you

This was originally posted by FLYXLSA on another thread.

I would like some additional information. What am I resetting, and why am I doing it.

What does it achieve for the Breeze Owner?

Thanks

I assume it is like a "Hard Reset" that clears the memory buffers/cache and may even run some self tests or other procedures? IDK? From what I can tell, this is not a "Factory Restore" because after I did it, my firmware version(s) remained the same. I did run through recalibrating the compass again after the reset. I never changed the Wi-Fi "SSID" - it stayed the same pre and post reset.

If you haven't noticed, Yuneec has not provided very good (or in some cases any) documentation for the Breeze, so the above is all speculation by me at this point.

Do NOT use this procedure unless you are having a problem.

That was Yuneec's response to the bad firmware. I didn't have to use it as I was able to replace my drone. It was assumed that it was a factory reset.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
I just got off of the phone with Yuneec, and the personalityless employee informed me that there is no way to remove the firmware that has been installed. He also informed me that he was unaware of many customers having connection issues. Really? I mean, really? C'mon man!!

Last edited:
From Yuneec Tech Support - A Reset Feature. See my reply below.

I apologize for the late reply, we have been having some systematic errors here on our end. I have read your email and was going to let you know that you can try doing the reset on the Breeze unit if you'd like. What you would have to do is, where the the micro usb port is on the Breeze there is a little hole beside it. What you want to do is get a safety pin/ paper clip and press the button within the hole, then turn on the Breeze. You then want to remove the pin, let go off the power button and power cycle the Breeze. There may be an issue where there will be no flashing light on the Breeze after this but a power cycle should resolve that issue. If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact us so that we further assist you with the issues you are experiencing. Thank you

This was originally posted by FLYXLSA on another thread.
Hi i was just woundering with this hard reset i herd the breeze haveing wifi problems connecting would this reset all the firmware updates that have caused problems for the breeze and reset it as new from the day u got it thanks

From my personal testing, it's more like power cycling an electronic device. Think turning your phone on and off every now and again to clear the buffer/memory junk out. I had a problem with two Breeze's and with "nothing to lose" on the second I did the update. I then did a reset and the version #'s remained the same in the App.

I just got off of the phone with Yuneec, and the personalityless employee informed me that there is no way to remove the firmware that has been installed. He also informed me that he was unaware of many customers having connection issues. Really? I mean, really? C'mon man!!
Hi im new maybe u can help me with what i posted and as if he didnt know what ur talking about its like all over utube

Yesterday I crashed my Breeze testing the emergency shut off (press both joystick down twice on the controller) about 10 feet, it flipped upside down and the bottom cover came off ejecting the glass filter of the dual sensors. Upon closer inspection, everything looks fine except the 2 locking teeth on the cover broke off. The 2 landing legs twisted out of place but can be easily put (turn) back in.
Now the Breeze wouldn't connect to WiFi on my iPhone and the blue led kept blinking.
Finally this is what I have to do to reset (?) it.
On the iPhone setting, select the Breeze and choose forget this device to delete it.
Hard reset my iPhone (How to Hard Reset an iPhone)
Restart my iPhone
Power on the Breeze
Go to WiFi setting and wait until the Breeze pops up, select it.
Now all work fine.

Trying to revert to an older version of a firmware on ANYTHING can not be done as it is a flash to their style of BIOS. It's like trying to unsee something. Nope, no way. Ever.

Struggled with this exact issue for a couple hours last week. Sometimes it would connect, other times it wouldn't, super odd. Not sure why but my friend had the idea to turn off Cellular Data on my smartphone. Once we did that we had no problems connecting. Turned Cellular Data back on, the problems surfaced again. Turned them off, and we had fun for the next 20 minutes or so with absolutely no problems.

Hello Just another Jay,
I'm not an expert but I did ask some friends who say they are and they told me to either turn off data or automatic updates. It seems that the update function will take priority especially over a non internet connected wifi functions. This is why I have never gotten follow me to work because it requires an active gps program like Google Maps to be open in order to get a fix on your location. You would think that its own GPS would do this but as far as I can find out it won't.

OMP

OMP, that is VERY interesting. Was playing around with it last night - of course with Cellular Data turned off - and the Follow Me functionality wasn't working. Now I know why...

On my 2nd Yuneec Breeze in 2 weeks (sent the last one back) and still cannot connect to the breeze. When i connect from ANY device, it says 'Connected, No Internet'. Geez and no one at Yuneec can help me...WOW

Reactions: Derek Comer
On my 2nd Yuneec Breeze in 2 weeks (sent the last one back) and still cannot connect to the breeze. When i connect from ANY device, it says 'Connected, No Internet'. Geez and no one at Yuneec can help me...WOW

That's the expected behaviour. That means the Wi-Fi on your device has successfully connected to the Breeze, but your device is telling you there is no internet connection. The reason for this is because your device expects internet through a Wi-Fi connection, but the Breeze isn't connected to the internet (it's not an internet connection).

Hopefully that makes sense...

Reactions: Derek Comer

Hello Stalley35,
Justanotherjay is correct you phone will say connected no internet connection as it does on my Android 7.0 also, but if you give it about 20 or 30 seconds the Android should bring up another message saying no internet and give you the option to stay connected, when you say yes the phone should stay connected to the Breeze. Hope this helps,
OMP

Yesterday I crashed my Breeze testing the emergency shut off (press both joystick down twice on the controller) about 10 feet, it flipped upside down and the bottom cover came off ejecting the glass filter of the dual sensors. Upon closer inspection, everything looks fine except the 2 locking teeth on the cover broke off. The 2 landing legs twisted out of place but can be easily put (turn) back in.
Now the Breeze wouldn't connect to WiFi on my iPhone and the blue led kept blinking.
Finally this is what I have to do to reset (?) it.
On the iPhone setting, select the Breeze and choose forget this device to delete it.
Hard reset my iPhone (How to Hard Reset an iPhone)
Restart my iPhone
Power on the Breeze
Go to WiFi setting and wait until the Breeze pops up, select it.
Now all work fine.

I had the same problem testing the emergency shut off. I don't know why but I thought that it would shut the motors down fairly fast to land right away but at least do it safely in case of altitude. Well, at 30 feet in the air when you shut it down you have problems. Cost over $100 to repair. Can anyone at Yuneec or anywhere come up with a simple parachute attachment to the top of a drone that would be triggered by an emergency shut down? Something that would let it free fall down to about 20 feet or so before deploying just to make the landing a bit less "breakable." it would certainly save in repairs if you had to shut down from attitude. Or is that totally unrealistic?

Is it safe to buy a breeze now? If buy now, I have no choice but to use the latest app version. Does it still fly away, or lose WiFi randomly? Thanks

Hello Marcus,
That's an excellent question Marcus. If it were me I think I would research what type and brand of phone you intend to fly the Breeze with and then ask the community for their success rate with that type phone. There are a lot of people who swear they have never has a moments problem with the Breeze while others have experienced a nightmare. There has to be a common thread and I think it lies in the phone, operating system, and operating settings. Good Luck,

OMP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal