Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze - Phone/Tablet wifi compatibility list

Reaction score
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

After a firmware update which changes the channel of my Breeze, all my Android devices(Samsung S5 mini, Huawei P9, Huawei P9 lite, Nvidia Shield Tablet K1) can now see the Breeze, read more about it here: ;)
Modify the default wifi channel

It seems like Yuneec Breeze has a channel issue in certain countries, so this compatibility list may be obsolete now with this knowledge, but I am still wondering why Yuneec ships Breeze units to countries with a default channel use that causes problems and at the same time being silent about it?

It is no secret that that Yuneec Breeze has its Wi-Fi problems, especially connection problems with android phones/tablets.
It is no guarantee that your phone/tablet will work even if it has dual band 5 GHz Wi-Fi as stated in the manual, it still might not see the Breeze Wi-Fi.
I know a lot of people who cannot connect to the Breeze especially with android devices, I am one of those, so I thought about making a list of both supported and unsupported devices, this would potentially help people who are planning on buying this drone :)

I hope you are willing to spend a little time sharing your experiences, so we can make this list together.
Add a comment with what device(Android/IOS - Tablet/Phone) you have tested the Breeze with, and please add the firmware version of the Breeze, this is important since it might make a difference :)
Please make sure that your device supports Dual Band Wi-Fi, this is a minimum requirement for the Breeze! ;)

Devices that have been tested WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • MOTO G4 5.5" - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Ipad 3(3rd generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini(1st generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini 2 3g (10.2.1) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Air(5th generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 6 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone 7+ - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone SE - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Sony Experia Z3 Compact - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6

Devices that have been tested NOT WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • Google Pixel - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Huawei P9 Lite - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Huawei P9 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung S5 Mini - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6

Last edited:
Reactions: FLYXLSA and gbcarl
Working Devices I've used:
iPad Mini Generation 1 (A1432)
iPhone SE
iPhone 7+
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"

According to Old Man Photographer, his MOTO G4 5.5" works, but my MOTO G4 Play 5" does NOT work but it is NOT dual band - my bad.

Maybe you can edit your post above to keep all the working models updated in one place as responses are made to this thread?

iPhone SE
iPhone 7+

According to Old Man Photographer, his MOTO G4 5.5" works, but my MOTO G4 Play 5" does NOT work but it is NOT dual band - my bad.

Maybe you can edit your post above to keep all the working models updated in one place as responses are made to this thread?
I am planning on updating the first post with your contributions :)
I have one question, do you know what firmware version of the Breeze these were tested with?
I think that knowing the firmware version of the Breeze can matter since I've heard a guy saying that his phone suddenly couldn't find the Breeze after a firmware upgrade ;)

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Currently my Breeze (#2) is being serviced in Yuneec's California Facility for a GPS problem. Following is a screen grab prior to sending it back (please note this is from Breeze #2 and Breeze #1 had the dreaded WiFi issue with ALL of the above devices prior to sending it back to Amazon but initial connection was not an issue with either Breeze):

Attachments

• IMG_0447.png
    IMG_0447.png
    86 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Breeze #1 had WiFi Issues after firmware upgrade (see buggy update thread). This did NOT happen with Breeze #2 or with or without the FPV Controller. Fortunately the RTH feature works really well!

See the Blue Screen of Death as follows:

BSOD 12.05.57 PM.jpg

I have used an iPhone 6 since the gitgo. I have never had any problems losing WIFI even with the latest up grades. I have now used the controller without any problems. I always make sure the controller is fully charged and calibrate the bird before every flight. I do not have any 'notices' programmed into the iPhone so I don't get any sudden interruption when flying. I fly manually most of the time, but limit the geofence to at the most about 3/4 of it's maximum distance it can be calibrated to. It also flies great inside around the house with the GPS always turned off before hand. Even though I see nowhere that this recommended, I also calibrate the bird inside, but before I did that, it did try to fly into a wall. iPhone and controller bateries fully charged are one of my requisites also. #1 turn the Breeze on. # 2 go to settings on iPhone and select Breeze app and have it link to the bird. #3 Pair the stick controller to the iPhone, wait for sign on iPhone display that it's linked. Take off (noticed since I start with camera facing me, controls are reversed). Not sure if 'Airplane mode has anything to do with flying the breeze in my case. Right after it takes off and in the 'hover position, I always check out the stick controls to observe the result action of each control movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: michel and FLYXLSA
I have used an iPhone 6 since the gitgo. I have never had any problems losing WIFI even with the latest up grades. I have now used the controller without any problems. I always make sure the controller is fully charged and calibrate the bird before every flight. I do not have any 'notices' programmed into the iPhone so I don't get any sudden interruption when flying. I fly manually most of the time, but limit the geofence to at the most about 3/4 of it's maximum distance it can be calibrated to. It also flies great inside around the house with the GPS always turned off before hand. Even though I see nowhere that this recommended, I also calibrate the bird inside, but before I did that, it did try to fly into a wall. iPhone and controller bateries fully charged are one of my requisites also. #1 turn the Breeze on. # 2 go to settings on iPhone and select Breeze app and have it link to the bird. #3 Pair the stick controller to the iPhone, wait for sign on iPhone display that it's linked. Take off (noticed since I start with camera facing me, controls are reversed). Not sure if 'Airplane mode has anything to do with flying the breeze in my case. Right after it takes off and in the 'hover position, I always check out the stick controls to observe the result action of each control movement.
Glad to hear that you fly with no problems :)
I really want to add your phone to the list, would you please provide what type of Iphone 6(S or S Plus) you're using and the Firmware version of your Breeze?

iPhone SE
iPhone 7+

I am also using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and it works, but with significant video lag

I am also using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and it works, but with significant video lag

I haven't been able to fly that much to notice. I'm 2 for 2 on problems with the Breeze. Hoping they get this one fixed right.

The Breeze is not made to be a racing drone. It's a Photo Tool to me and works fine for that. I've checked out the FPV goggles once, but seems like a big hassle to have a spotter, etc.

FAA requires we keep the thing in sight, so lag is not a problem - for me anyway.

Reactions: Captain72
If you don't fly too far out, with the FPV goggles, you can switch between the Breeze cam and the phone cam!
I start off by using the phone cam so that I can see the take off switch on my controller and if I need to see where is the breeze, I just press the switch to change to the phone cam (but you must turn off the recording first).

I've updated the list with a few more devices(mostly IOS), I would love to hear more from people with android devices too :)

Using 3 yr old iPhone 6, software version 10.0.2, Breeze software version 10.0.5.6 Hesitant to update any software for 6 -10 months after release, weary about bugs in new software. (Lots of bad experiences on being one of the first to download updates )

The iphone 6 with all updates is solid and works great.... the Google Pixel is NOT compatible. I tried it with the Pixel and it did take off and went crazy... called Yuneec and they confirmed it is not compatible with the pixel, but they are working in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frillen
The iphone 6 with all updates is solid and works great.... the Google Pixel is NOT compatible
Thank you for the info, I'll add the google Pixel to the list :)
I do find it a bit sad that such a wonderful drone as the Breeze is so incompatible with dual band android devices, even high-end devices as Google Pixel can't be used with it :(
I really hope Yuneec will release a firmware that solves these connection problems, but I'm beginning to doubt it!

That's really strange? A Google Pixel/Pixel XL should have some of the purest, unadulterated Android versions available - similar to a Nexus. It's a FREAKIN' GOOGLE product and won't fly the Breeze?!

Unlike Samsung's (and many other vendors) "Mutated Quasi-Android O/S."*

WTH?!

Heck, even my MOTO G4 Play states on their Web Page "Pure, clutter-free version of Android™" and it works just fine with my 3DR Solo. (Get the Dual-Band MOTO G4 to work with the Breeze.)

* This Phrase © Kelly Schrock ;)

I've been doing a lot of reading about WiFi problems with camera drones(especially Yuneec), it seems like there could also be regional problems with phones, meaning that phone models sold in some regions of the world could work with the Breeze while the same phone model perhaps won't work in another region!
If you want to read more about it, here is 3 links where people are discussing WiFi problems ;)

Support - Need help to unlock Wifi 5.8 Ghz
Phones supporting 5.8 GHz
CGO2 cameras-what phone to use

I've bought a new phone(Huawei P9), a new tablet(Nvidia Shield K1), a portable usb-powered Dual band WiFi-Extender(Edimax BR-6288ACL), but sadly none of these units can see the Breeze WiFi :(
I've bought the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet in the hope it would work since I saw a Youtube video where a guy use a Nvidia Shield portable as controller for the Breeze.
Together with the Breeze itself I've spent more money trying to get a working solution for it than what a DJI Mavic Pro cost :D
I know it isn't wasted money, I've got a new nice phone, a new gaming tablet and a nice portable Extender, but had I known this from the start, I would never have chosen the Breeze from the start, no matter how good it is.
It's not like I can't fly it, my wifes Ipad works just fine with the Breeze and her brother has a Sony Experia Z3 Compact which also works, but I can't depend on borrowing her Ipad everytime I want to fly my Breeze :D

Reactions: AlligatoR
I can fly my breeze with these devices, all with the latest official fw installed:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S7
Apple Ipad Mini 2 3g (10.2.1)

Latest fw on the Breeze:

client version 1.0.5.6
flying control versien 1.1.2 esc version 1.0.2
camera 2.0.4(f)

I never used the breeze on the first fw, immediatly installed all the updates. Now sometimes it takes a while before I can find it's wifi. I noticed that I can see by the led in one of it's feet, when it's broadcasting wifi as it should. Sometimes when I power it on, the led is red. It stays red and after a while it switches to a white led. The white led flashes in an irregular pace. After a while it turns into a blinking green led. As soon as the green led is blinking, wifi connection becomes available.

Sometimes it stops signaling after the red led dies, then I have to reboot it

Reactions: AlligatoR
I've updated the list with a few more devices(mostly IOS), I would love to hear more from people with android devices too :)
I have a Breeze and after the F/W update, my Samsung Galaxy S5 is unable to connect to the drone. It keep saying the p/w is incorrect, no such thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
premadsoftwaresolutions