Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

yuneec CGO4H

Reaction score
i hope yuneec brings soon a better camera on market. and they optimise the app...often if i try to do a manual setting, but it jumps back and need sometimes up to 3times that the app take the setting.

have you seen the new phantom4pro now with obsticale ovidence around the copter and a 1"inch sensor with 20MP and 4k60f flighttime 30min.

so YUNEEC if you listen bring a CGO4H with 1"inch sensor like DJI

and a better CGOETpro with a higher resolution

i still prefer the concept of the H, but the quality of this bird is lousy...

since may i have a send in and send back procedure with fails...if i would really worked with this copter they would have ruin my work and i have lost many clients !
i will get copter number 6 in next 14days.
here are a little list of fails
-ST16 loosed fan
-landing gear not work
-landing gear work only on one side
-landing gear not synced, one little fail
-binding problems
-connections break
-connection break by using landing gear
-slow flight impossible (stop and go)
-software fails compass
-hardware compass damaged
-CGO3p unsharp
-CGO3p on one side unsharp
-CGO3p ghosts in images
-CGO3p pixel fails
-CGO3p most need refocus by myself
-ST16 sticks center fails
-ST16 fans get loud

that they don't find a solution to fly the H with GPS slow is shown that they give us the trim control...
my contact with service?
me in may: what's with RTH attitude?
yuneec: ha ha ha ...the customer is not allowed to do this setting!
me in july: CGO3p is unsharp in 1080p 60f
yuneec: in germany you don't use 60f

What the **** they smoke there?

another friend send in his H with his issues
they say they send a new back: he got a used one, with private vids on the H and amazon things in package...

i train copter flying. another H user sits in front of me, tell me he have flown about marriage event...and we find out one ST16 stick don't work proper by showing cam in team mode. no reset if st16 , no calibration of sticks worked...GOOD- that nothing happens

the only good thing i can say: i never had a fly away or lost control ...only telemetry and video signal is lost...

i see they try to fix with updates and to improve the bird. and i hope they go on with this work. make a better smaller histogram, center cross and other helps, trim setting in manual mode, ST10+ for team mode, aux button for GPS, App button for IPS on/off and at least
a better cam which we can adapted on the H

i hope yuneec brings soon a better camera on market. and they optimise the app...often if i try to do a manual setting, but it jumps back and need sometimes up to 3times that the app take the setting.

have you seen the new phantom4pro now with obsticale ovidence around the copter and a 1"inch sensor with 20MP and 4k60f flighttime 30min.

since may i have a send in and send back procedure with fails...if i would really worked with this copter they would have ruin my work and i have lost many clients !
i will get copter number 6 in next 14days.
here are a little list of fails
-ST16 loosed fan
-landing gear not work
-landing gear work only on one side
-landing gear not synced, one little fail
-binding problems
-connections break
-connection break by using landing gear
-slow flight impossible (stop and go)
-software fails compass
-hardware compass damaged
-CGO3p unsharp
-CGO3p on one side unsharp
-CGO3p ghosts in images
-CGO3p pixel fails
-CGO3p most need refocus by myself
-ST16 sticks center fails
-ST16 fans get loud

that they don't find a solution to fly the H with GPS slow is shown that they give us the trim control...
my contact with service?
me in may: what's with RTH attitude?
yuneec: ha ha ha ...the customer is not allowed to do this setting!
me in july: CGO3p is unsharp in 1080p 60f
yuneec: in germany you don't use 60f

What the **** they smoke there?

another friend send in his H with his issues
they say they send a new back: he got a used one, with private vids on the H and amazon things in package...

i train copter flying. another H user sits in front of me, tell me he have flown about marriage event...and we find out one ST16 stick don't work proper by showing cam in team mode. no reset if st16 , no calibration of sticks worked...GOOD- that nothing happens

the only good thing i can say: i never had a fly away or lost control ...only telemetry and video signal is lost...

i see they try to fix with updates and to improve the bird. and i hope they go on with this work. make a better smaller histogram, center cross and other helps, trim setting in manual mode, ST10+ for team mode, aux button for GPS, App button for IPS on/off and at least
a better cam which we can adapted on the H

Reactions: John Richardson
Eric thank you for these inputs re Typhoon H.
You are commercial so they are important for me going forward.
The background is, that i have faith in Yuneec and we all have to deal with the firmware , but feel that the hardware (machine) is sound from experiences .
I am looking at CGOET and real sense module attachments for both H advanced machines which i have already as add ons.

In your opinion do you think that Yuneec software people are going to provide upgrades that will address, for example resolution CGOET.

Also would you feel that the advanced with ST16 Controller with intel as base, would suffice as back up to all the issues you mentioned.

I, like you cannot afford the downtime.

Here in Australia we have a spare parts, service problem as market not as big as USA.

Thank You.

Reactions: John Richardson
I purchased this bird despite my reservations regarding the camera. I bought it because I didn't want to need to buy the entire system to upgrade the camera like I have with the Phantoms. Today, There is absolutely no advantage to the H aside from the 360 gimbal which in my use of my fleet of birds has turned out to be pretty insignificant. Especially when you add in the last in class video it produces. I keeping the H, but an upgrade is needed. Especially when you take into account what the competitors are releasing.

I thought I was the only one. I went back and forth on this bird until the priced dipped a month ago. I bought it knowing the camera was lacking. It isn't just lacking its last of the 4 other birds in my house. It could all be saved with a huge upgrade on the camera.

For me the CGO3+ is just as good of video quality as any footage I have seen come from any other bird.
I have confidence that the next generation of Yuneec camera will rival the new DJI unit.

I realize that the video quality could be better, but I would never be satisfied no matter how good the video gets.
For me, the new Inspire 2 is still not good enough.
I am one to always want to improve the quality of video. It will be a never ending process.

For me the CGO3+ is just as good of video quality as any footage I have seen come from any other bird.
I have confidence that the next generation of Yuneec camera will rival the new DJI unit.

I realize that the video quality could be better, but I would never be satisfied no matter how good the video gets.
For me, the new Inspire 2 is still not good enough.
I am one to always want to improve the quality of video. It will be a never ending process.
I own the H.. P3p, P4 and Mavic.. Have an Inspire for work and son has an Autel. Ive gone through a number of issues with all of them and for certain I am more familiar with the DJIs.. but my experience with them is that my least favorite video comes from the H. I won't get into the reasons. Just my .02. The H absolutely will not be in the same game as the P4p none of mine save the Inspire will be close.. If Yuneec releases a new bird instead of a new camera I'm done with them. If I want to buy a drone every year I'll stick with the Empire. They are on the cutting edge. I bought the Typhoon because I wanted something for my new business that was upgradable rather than disposable. My .02 though, I went in knowing in advance Exactly what the camera delivered so I'm not mad I am just aware of where I am with this product. I want them to be true to their word and offer a new camera that is competitive with P4p.

If Yuneec releases a new bird instead of a new camera I'm done with them.

Agree totally with you! But I want to say: not a camera that cost the Phantom 4pro price!

But for that I am afraid; CGO3+ cost 699€ on my retailer!!!!!!!! Completelly crazy!

I own the H.. P3p, P4 and Mavic.. Have an Inspire for work and son has an Autel. Ive gone through a number of issues with all of them and for certain I am more familiar with the DJIs.. but my experience with them is that my least favorite video comes from the H. I won't get into the reasons. Just my .02. The H absolutely will not be in the same game as the P4p none of mine save the Inspire will be close.. If Yuneec releases a new bird instead of a new camera I'm done with them. If I want to buy a drone every year I'll stick with the Empire. They are on the cutting edge. I bought the Typhoon because I wanted something for my new business that was upgradable rather than disposable. My .02 though, I went in knowing in advance Exactly what the camera delivered so I'm not mad I am just aware of where I am with this product. I want them to be true to their word and offer a new camera that is competitive with P4p.
I agree in one sense. I am hoping that Yuneec releases a better camera, however I don't mind if they release a new bird as well. I just hope the new camera is compatible with the old H.
Taking the camera out of the picture, Yuneec has the best bird on the market for the price. I have heard several DJI owners admit this and DJI themselves basically stated this when most of the newest upgrades to the actual bird were just playing catch up with Yuneec. Even though I am hoping for just a camera, it would be in Yuneec's best interest to release a new bird as well. They might as well stay ahead of the game while they have the ball. To be honest, I would have to sit here and daydream for quite a while to think of what I would want in the new bird. Granted, I received a bird that was one of the good ones, but I believe this is mostly because I am a stickler to do everything by the book. 90% of the time, the problems you read about are either human error or some kind of calibration issue. (On my Typhoon Q500 4K, the drift problem turned out to be a calibration issue in the remote itself and the video issue on my H turned out to be a bad sd card) Not that Yuneec didn't send out some lemon's, (my camera was out of focus when I first received it, but after sending it in, it looks fantastic) but DJI has definitely had their fair share of problems. Both companies have their pros and cons, but it is great to have competition, because the ones who benefit from this are us, the consumers...

Reactions: Dadjvs
I have heard several DJI owners admit this and DJI themselves basically stated this when most of the newest upgrades to the actual bird were just playing catch up with Yuneec. ...
You really need to make the decision yourself. Don't rely on what you read on forums..

I own an H and can say DJI is not "playing catch up." I'm done here though. I have invested in both sides and am not bound to one over the other. I will stay away from comparisons because I know where that goes. I am sticking to my word though. I'm holding on to the H but if they release something equal to the P4p I better be able to upgrade my current cam to an equal piece of glass or I'm out. I have been disappointed with the CG03 you guys who love it great! Keep it.

the P4p make great pics with low noise and high dynamic. i want it on the H :)

also i want they reduce latency of control signal and video signal...that i can do closer manouvers near to objects without a delay of 1,5 seconds. dji RC control is without delay and the lightbridge is fast too...
This is a totally different issue.

Reactions: eikkon
I'm amazed by all these people criticizing ...

The Typhoon H is NOT a professional drone .... even if it has some features from them

You want to take amazing photos / videos ....---> the inspire or the tornado ... or DJI S1000 and put your DSLR on it ... and then you will shoot with a FF sensor ( ah s.... it cost only 3000€ and the FF 2500€ oh I forgot the lens 500€ so minimum 5500€ ) So stay realistic

For 1500€ well me I'm satisfied with it.

Looks like guys you don't stop to look at who has the biggest .. instead to learn how to use 1st and its capability

I'm a photographer, and you guys are talking like smo who whould like to shoot a wedding with a gsm ......

I have a Canon 80d for vacation and a Phase One P45+ (10.000€ stuff ) for Professionnal activities even if I can use the Canon for some of my jobs.

Before the P4P came out everybody was amazed by this drone and now everybody is criticizing it ..

Yes the P4P is a great machine, and guess what , in 5 months the Ph5 will be out I'm sure we will hear the same complain ...

A better camera doesn't make you a better photographer ...

Funny people ...

So relax a little and let's hope that Santa Claus will help YUNEEC to bring a new camera or new upgrade to this lovely drone, learn to use it

Last edited:
One thing is for sure.....Yuneec will come along with better and better, and so will DJI. I purchased the H because it is a small hexa and I do not regret it.....the platform is solid and with a modular camera.
If DJI comes along with a small hexa, I will look at it for sure, but I am glad Yuneec is there. I look forward to see what is coming soon from them......I like the company customer service.

I'm amazed that people aren't holding Yuneec's feet to the fire. A better camera doesn't make the photographer better.. That's true but really sounds like sour grapes. Of course it doesn't make the photographer better but it does give you the ability to be better and take better videos and photos. Isn't that what we all are striving for? I'm done though.

If you are already good in photo/video yes
if not, it won't change anything and can be even worst as it will be more visible ...
And not to forget that the post processing will make also a huge difference.
The point is to know this drone by heart
its quality its default and then to find a way to overcome its default.
Because continuing to look for the perfect drone (or camera) won't help you to improve your skills.
Once you master it, this is the time to look for a better one

People will think what they want to think no matter what.
I think, where else is there a hex with true 360 (awesome)gimbal at this size and price?? where?? I do believe I hear crickets!!
Those are features I want at this time. The picture quality is lacking but workable. Im sure they are working on it.
Cheers

I think, where else is there a hex with true 360 (awesome)gimbal at this size and price?? where?? I do believe I hear crickets!!
What's the point of a Hex.. redundancy and reliability correct? So if the other systems like guidance, connection, compass, etc are poor, related to everyone else, really how much reliability is gained. I will say this i do fly knowing that if one motor fails I'm good. But I'm not confident at all with the other systems so the confidence gained by having 6 is a wash.

And what good is a 360 camera if the video it produces is inferior.. don't get me wrong. I love the gimbal there are advantages. But truly, as a single man operation, the advantages of a 360 camera is minimized. When I fly I like to see the direction I'm flying.

So the grasshoppers are chirping..

What's the point of a Hex.. redundancy and reliability correct? So if the other systems like guidance, connection, compass, etc are poor, related to everyone else, really how much reliability is gained. I will say this i do fly knowing that if one motor fails I'm good. But I'm not confident at all with the other systems so the confidence gained by having 6 is a wash.

And what good is a 360 camera if the video it produces is inferior.. don't get me wrong. I love the gimbal there are advantages. But truly, as a single man operation, the advantages of a 360 camera is minimized. When I fly I like to see the direction I'm flying.

So the grasshoppers are chirping..

Simply put, other than redundancy, I like the flight characteristics of a hex. All my larger copters are hexas as well as a Y6. To me, and a lot of people I know, hexas perform better in wind.
Just got a second H actually today......test flight with no problems.
Hope it is as reliable as my other H I bought back in June.
To each their own

I'm amazed that people aren't holding Yuneec's feet to the fire. A better camera doesn't make the photographer better.. That's true but really sounds like sour grapes. Of course it doesn't make the photographer better but it does give you the ability to be better and take better videos and photos. Isn't that what we all are striving for? I'm done though.

What exactly do you think we could do here? Refuse to fly our drones until they do what we want? In that case I've failed already - we had a beautiful day here today and it was too good an opportunity to miss. :)

Yuneec are under a lot of pressure right now. The competition is fierce. What I don't want to see is a knee jerk reaction from them just because a competitor launched a new model that we all knew was coming. I'm hoping that they'll do something interesting and innovative - of course - but I can't force them to. CES is just around the corner and what they announce then will (I hope) tell us the direction they're heading. They have an opportunity to build on a great platform, with a community that has a lot of good will towards them. Their challenge is not to loose that good will, but to build the community up.

Personally my rule has always been to buy consumer electronics knowing that they'll be out of date in only a handful of months, and that what you get on day one is what you've got to live with. Anything else is a bonus. The Typhoon was a great machine on day one, and still is. Just because someone else launches something new doesn't mean I'm going to never fly it again.

I know a lot of people who've flown into a tree (not me *cough* - it was a bush). In the last six months I think I've heard of one person who had a complete GPS failure. We're not flying for NASA, redundancy is where it matters.

You really ought to play with the panorama feature - 80 megapixel images are sweet :)

Anyway, we're pretty much at the point where you're trolling and we're acting like fanbois, so perhaps time to stop? You haven't got what you wanted out of the H, I'm sorry for you, but I ain't Santy Claus, I can't magic you better photos, and arguing over it doesn't make it better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace