Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Company Website

Fred Garvin

Holding Short
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
Looks like Yuneec has updated their website. Everything is under "Commercial Drones" and offerings have been limited. Many products have been moved to "Legacy Products". If you click on "Shop" it takes you to the old website? Looks like they're making big changes.

Quadcopters & Aerial Drones - Yuneec

Looks like this new website is for all languages. Changing them seems to only change the language leaving the structure/format the same.

Haha, upon a new release of yesterday I was thinking that Yuneec had already retreated giving field to competitors. And wow they seem to fight back ;)

Just curious, has anyone tried registering their drone on the updated site? That function hadn’t worked in over 4 years. If it doesn’t work now the updated site could be a great example of putting lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I was very excited about getting into amatuer drone flying last year. Even after the maiden voyage crash of my H copter, I was enthusiastic about flying. I bought a smaller cheaper drone, jjrc x-15 and learned how to fly it without crashing. It was fun, I even made a silly little video for my grand children--"Sean O'Tiny, Leprechaun Detective" and put it on youtube (see:
if you want a smile. A video master I am not.). My H-copter has been at Carolina Dronz since last November. They repaired the landing gear and legs, but the camera, CGO3+, was a total loss. They looked for one but the prices were too high for me. I am considering sending them the box and batteries and asking that they sell it for me on consignment.Anyone have thoughts on this? I did acquire a Q500 which I have yet to fly. The weather here in NY is getting better and COVIS-19 aside, I'd like to try it out.
My zeal for flying is lessened by the new FAA regs and reading all the control problems with Yuneec birds on this forum. Yuneec clearly is an unstable company, hard to deal with and disinterested in customer service. Their high-end drones are better suited for those people with enough income to sustain fly-aways and crashes. I am 76 and depend on my meager social security income . I wonder if DJI drones or the more affordable Holy Stone, Hubsan and Potensic drones would have be a better choice. Or should I buy a kite?

Just curious, has anyone tried registering their drone on the updated site? That function hadn’t worked in over 4 years. If it doesn’t work now the updated site could be a great example of putting lipstick on a pig.
Lipstick on a pig? I like the sound of that. What colour do you reckon will suit best?

What worries me is when agent X approaches me as I fly around above some uninhabited desert area and he/she asks to see my newly updated registration. I can try the 4-year argument, but he may have is citation book and pen and I may be stuck with an obscene fine. And on top of that I may not have any chartreuse lipstick.

...What worries me is when agent X approaches me as I fly around above some uninhabited desert area and he/she asks to see my newly updated registration...

Why not just show him your valid registration?

D
I was very excited about getting into amatuer drone flying last year. Even after the maiden voyage crash of my H copter, I was enthusiastic about flying. I bought a smaller cheaper drone, jjrc x-15 and learned how to fly it without crashing. It was fun, I even made a silly little video for my grand children--"Sean O'Tiny, Leprechaun Detective" and put it on youtube (see:
if you want a smile. A video master I am not.). My H-copter has been at Carolina Dronz since last November. They repaired the landing gear and legs, but the camera, CGO3+, was a total loss. They looked for one but the prices were too high for me. I am considering sending them the box and batteries and asking that they sell it for me on consignment.Anyone have thoughts on this? I did acquire a Q500 which I have yet to fly. The weather here in NY is getting better and COVIS-19 aside, I'd like to try it out.
My zeal for flying is lessened by the new FAA regs and reading all the control problems with Yuneec birds on this forum. Yuneec clearly is an unstable company, hard to deal with and disinterested in customer service. Their high-end drones are better suited for those people with enough income to sustain fly-aways and crashes. I am 76 and depend on my meager social security income . I wonder if DJI drones or the more affordable Holy Stone, Hubsan and Potensic drones would have be a better choice. Or should I buy a kite?
Don;t be afraid of the Q500, it is a very stable aircraft.

What worries me is when agent X approaches me as I fly around above some uninhabited desert area and he/she asks to see my newly updated registration. I can try the 4-year argument, but he may have is citation book and pen and I may be stuck with an obscene fine. And on top of that I may not have any chartreuse lipstick.

Tell Agent X that although the craft appears to be a drone, it is actually a flying pig.

Reactions: Chuckmc

Well I started out with a Holystone HS200, still my favorite little drone, but the batteries are kind of a pain to change plus they are brushed motors and there's the "Famous " Return Home button that doubles as a controller recalibrate switch,, never never never never touch that switch.
About the best one to go with would be the Hubsan 501 if you're looking for a fun flyer with a camera, but not near the video quality of the Q500,

to really learn to fly, get the 501.

Reactions: 7cyclops
The only registration I could find was for overseas,not that I would have gone through with it anyways. Both my Typhoons were bought used,and I am totally responsible for them, no warranty, no reason to return etc. This forum has been my saviour. Keith C. I would rather think an apple in this pigs mouth would be appropriate:(

Well I started out with a Holystone HS200, still my favorite little drone, but the batteries are kind of a pain to change plus they are brushed motors and there's the "Famous " Return Home button that doubles as a controller recalibrate switch,, never never never never touch that switch.
About the best one to go with would be the Hubsan 501 if you're looking for a fun flyer with a camera, but not near the video quality of the Q500,

I also have a hubsan 501c. Chinese trainer they call it. Have a storm,goes like H--- and a Hubsan desire I bought for the wife. She unintentionally took it up and out of sight for about 3 minutes,finally hit RTH and it came down right on target,They are simple cheap and fun. Keith C.

The only registration I could find was for overseas,not that I would have gone through with it anyways. Both my Typhoons were bought used,and I am totally responsible for them, no warranty, no reason to return etc. This forum has been my saviour. Keith C. I would rather think an apple in this pigs mouth would be appropriate:(
In UK we only ever got six months warranty anyway, not twelve or the YES warranty.

Yes of course I would do that.

THANKS for input. I'll look into the Hubsan 501 and hang on to my Q500. It's still a hard choice whether or not to let Carolina Dronz sell the camera-less H for me or have them send it back ($60 postage) and I'll keep it until I find a CGO3+ I can afford. I really liked the H even though my first flight proved a disaster. the 360 degree camera capability is a big plus and from what I've read, the H copter is one of the most stable aerial video platforms available before the price goes way up.

I’ve had a very slightly used, perfect condition CGO-3+ for sale at a very reasonable $260+ shipping for quite some time. The only responses wanted it sold for less, leading me to believe there are a lot of people involved with a hobby they can’t afford.

Reactions: Thecloth and Calvin
Indeed the hobby for the not so broke,,,
Or be an experienced pilot before you test fly a $2K bird, speaking of a new H or H+.

Had it not been for CL I might never had made the transition up to a quality aerial photo platform, I was quite happy with my 501, transmitter/controller has a decent screen for watching the world around you, matter of fact it was quite enough for me until that CL ad for the Q500 4K at $200.

But it wasn't as cheap as that, batteries were toast including the controller battery, and it had a cracked air frame/body that was much worse than the cobbled repair that had been done to it.
Good thing I didn't trust it, would have been one heck of a first flight, broke motor mounts, broken off body fastener posts inside, found doing the Rakon up-grade.

So in all I still have over $600 invested in my Q.including the RKH airframe.

But then while waiting for parts for the Q I discovered just how hot not to make the FC board with a soldering iron so a new one is somewhere between here & China,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Why did it need to be tested with a soldering iron?
Well,,,,,,,,,, the 501 I purchased cheap off of CL had the aftermarket range extender antenna kit on the top back, you can find a video or images of it,,,,,, don't bother, antennas on the top of a bird puts the signal in a shadow and you can loose control of it while it's directly above you, and the clip connectors for the antenna were on the receiver with added adhesive to keep them from popping off,,,,,,, it pulled the connector right up and off the board so then I tried to remove just the receiver,,,,,,,,,,

It's too long of a story to bother you guys with but it wasn't cheap getting here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Gotta want to do it,,,,,,,,,

But the short story, the 501 is the only RTF inexpensive bird with a built in screen on the controller which is way better than trying to link your phone to it for video,,,,,,,
Altitude hold and GPS will give you about the same flying controls as the either the Q or H.
Brushless motors
Average 15 to 18min flytime.

Couple of batteries, an aftermarket charger, a balance charging board, there's so much to learn about.

Look for a used one,,,,,,,,,
They can be had cheap, just don't get one that's been modified,!
I've seen them as cheap as $100 on CL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpster79