Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec customer service

Reaction score
I requested a Typhoon H Plus replacement, due to a fly away, in September, 2019 and an H520 repair (faulty gimbal) in October, 2019. I have been getting the run around from customer service since then. I understand that Yuneec USA has been going through some organizational issues but it seems to be taking forever for Yuneec to get its house in order. I have never had any luck with the online Yuneec chat (an agent is never available and over half a dozen emails are awaiting a response). The live chat (schedule an appointment to speak to an agent) has been working but I keep getting the same response - we are working on delivery and repair issues and should be back in business shortly. Has anyone been successful in getting their file upgraded to "urgent". I fly professionally and its hard to advance the business with Yuneec sitting on two of my drones. Niels

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
Yuneec customer service its bad really bad.
I needed a NFZ unlock, it took them almost 5 months to solved.
Chat is never available and email support is slow.

Good luck my friend.

Did they issue an RMA at that time? They have your units in their possession?
Yes, I had RMA's for both drones. Yuneec has the H520 in its possession. The H Plus was lost in a fly away. I sent the telemetry from the controller of the H Plus to Yuneec and they agreed that it was a technical failure and that they would replace the drone. Five months later - still waiting....... Niels

I'm in the same situation and have recently hired an attorney to filing a claim of damages against Yuneec USA to my business, as a direct, of their failure to perform service. So like many of us we have been waiting for months with little to absolutely zero reply. Therefore, like myself you may have damages you can recuperate
Hi Brettjc - Thanks for your reply. I operate in Canada so, I suspect, taking legal action might be a bit more complicated and/or expensive. Plus I suspect damages will be hard to prove. I have a live chat scheduled with Yuneec on Tuesday. Here's hoping.....

The only forum Yuneec pays any attention to is their own Facebook forum, and even that can be spotty at times. They use it more for promotional work than anything else.

This forum has a couple Yuneec beta testers that provide some input. There is one individual in this forum that has all the appearances of being a Yuneec employee. Typically he/she will ask a few questions but provide few, if any, answers. More often than not his/her posts are teasers about new products or firmware that have a high probability of not being delivered.

Similar story/problem in this neck of the woods also.
I am not aware of a Yuneec franchise operator in New Zealand, so I have been dealing with a China based supplier. To some degree I have felt sorry for them, because not only have I not had a response to any email sent direct to Yuneec, information coming through the supplier is patchy and too often lacking any credibility. They have been very embarrassed at times, passing on information to from Yuneec and then finding that Yuneec have gone back on a supply commitment a few weeks or months down the track.
I've given up trying to set up my H520 with all payload options - for my commercial UAV business. I have the E90 but remain reluctant to purchase an E50 gimbal camera when I cannot get (read non-existent) a commitment from Yuneec when they can supply an H520 compatible thermal unit.
So, I've decided to put what Yuneec kit I have up for sale, cut my losses, and look at other options. A pity because I have enjoyed flying the 'H5' in weather and geographic situations where my DJI Mavic's cannot manage. Maybe the Autel EVO II series could be a viable alternative!

You have a dealer in Australia. If that 520 was mine I would obtain that E-50 to expand the scope of my capabilities and just forget the thermal.

You state you’ve enjoyed using the 520 with the E-90. There’s no reason not to continue enjoying it while being able to do more with it than you do presently. Despite Yuneec’s failures follow through with their commitments their systems work quite well aa they are. Realistically, the thermal cameras they have produced and promised sit very low on the performance ladder and would generate considerable disappointment had you spent the money and obtained one.

A mistake many make is in buying systems hoping to see new payloads or capabilities later. Better decisions occur when people establish what their professional needs are now and buying the product that fulfills those needs today. Most decent systems will last a long time if flown in a manner that minimizes risk of crashing. Their life cycle is limited by battery availability, which is a non issue with Yuneec as they permit adaptation of common batteries to provide what amounts to an endless supply of over the counter batteries.

You have a good system. Use it as much as you can as that’s how you amortize the expense of buying one.

You have a dealer in Australia. If that 520 was mine I would obtain that E-50 to expand the scope of my capabilities and just forget the thermal.

You state you’ve enjoyed using the 520 with the E-90. There’s no reason not to continue enjoying it while being able to do more with it than you do presently. Despite Yuneec’s failures follow through with their commitments their systems work quite well aa they are. Realistically, the thermal cameras they have produced and promised sit very low on the performance ladder and would generate considerable disappointment had you spent the money and obtained one.

A mistake many make is in buying systems hoping to see new payloads or capabilities later. Better decisions occur when people establish what their professional needs are now and buying the product that fulfills those needs today. Most decent systems will last a long time if flown in a manner that minimizes risk of crashing. Their life cycle is limited by battery availability, which is a non issue with Yuneec as they permit adaptation of common batteries to provide what amounts to an endless supply of over the counter batteries.

You have a good system. Use it as much as you can as that’s how you amortize the expense of buying one.
Thanks for your thoughts. I will be in China in February, taking the opportunity to talk with my supplier and then only make a final decision. While I've said my 'H5' is up for sale, I'm certainly not actively promoting its sale here in NZ, if circumstances change for me coming out of my visit to China, I'll be more than happy to continue using a Yuneec UAV and payloads within my business. As I've said, I have really enjoyed flying the H520.

Happy flying :cool: :)

You’re welcome.

Something to consider, especially as you will be visiting China, is the availability of systems designed around payload and software diversity. Yuneec really hasn’t done much in this regard since the 920, which was intended to utilize multiple cameras but prohibited adaptive software.

The systems that are best suited to adaptive technologies are quite expensive, but overall cheaper in the long run as we don’t need to buy the entire kit every time something new comes along. The base system is stable but possesses the versatility to accept new payloads and software as they become available, eliminating the need to obtain new aerial platforms over and over again.

Yuneec took a path with the 520, H Plus, and now the H-3 that sort of plays on that concept by selling what is essentially the same platform under different names but making minor changes in the software and payload to provide the appearance of new developments. Unfortunately they elected to discard the concept of adaptive versatility. After the H-480, in essence they have been selling a $1,200.00 drone under different names but charging 1,000.00-$2,500.00 more for those models because of minor changes in a $250.00 camera, while elevating the price of the camera with each evolution. The changes in software have cost them virtually nothing as that had been created by open source developers not at all affiliated with Yuneec. The most expensive part of Yuneec’s software development has been associated with modifying open source code in a manner that prevents or limits others from working with it in the manner originally intended.

Last edited:
I requested a Typhoon H Plus replacement, due to a fly away, in September, 2019 and an H520 repair (faulty gimbal) in October, 2019. I have been getting the run around from customer service since then. I understand that Yuneec USA has been going through some organizational issues but it seems to be taking forever for Yuneec to get its house in order. I have never had any luck with the online Yuneec chat (an agent is never available and over half a dozen emails are awaiting a response). The live chat (schedule an appointment to speak to an agent) has been working but I keep getting the same response - we are working on delivery and repair issues and should be back in business shortly. Has anyone been successful in getting their file upgraded to "urgent". I fly professionally and its hard to advance the business with Yuneec sitting on two of my drones. Niels

I had to send my H+ in for warranty work and was told to send it to KAV. After 5 months, my drone was returned from Ascend Services in California with no documentation of repairs so I have no idea what if anything was done to it. One of the problems still exists and I can't fix it since they have us locked out of the gimbal calibration.

I tried to contact them via phone but never could reach anyone. After being on hold for eternity, my call disconnected 4 times in a row. I also tried to chat with one of their experts but they are never available. I sent an e-mail to customer service and received an automated response but have never received a reply to my questions. The same thing with Ascend Services.

I was also told they had some internal issues they were taking care of but that doesn't help us out. My local hobby shop tried to contact them and was told they would rather deal directly with the customer but the customer can never reach them.

I'm afraid until they get their house in order, we can't expect much. I am sending my H+ to Vertigo Drones and paying for the warranty repairs out of my pocket. Like you, this is a business drone and I can't wait around until they feel like responding. If I send it to them again, it will likely take another 5 months to get it back. I wish you the best of luck with them.

I wonder how many potential buyers have looked at the current CS situation and determined that if they bought they would be on their own for everything afterwards. That has to have severely impacted their confidence in both product and company.

If any company ever suggests customer service is unimportant in the greater scope, just refer them to the example established by Yuneec.

Vast majority on here are singing from the same song sheet, we've chewed the fat til were blue in the face, there not listening, what we have now is probably as good as it it gets, stock up on your parts, modify your batteries, fly and enjoy while you can, you can lead a horse to water as they say!

Did they issue an RMA at that time? They have your units in their possession?
Hey Steve Carr I got my Q500 4k back from Yuneec 1/13/2020. Went out to test fly it yesterday and had a couple of issues to work on farther on it but seems to fly good.

I had to send my H+ in for warranty work and was told to send it to KAV. After 5 months, my drone was returned from Ascend Services in California with no documentation of repairs so I have no idea what if anything was done to it. One of the problems still exists and I can't fix it since they have us locked out of the gimbal calibration.

I tried to contact them via phone but never could reach anyone. After being on hold for eternity, my call disconnected 4 times in a row. I also tried to chat with one of their experts but they are never available. I sent an e-mail to customer service and received an automated response but have never received a reply to my questions. The same thing with Ascend Services.

I was also told they had some internal issues they were taking care of but that doesn't help us out. My local hobby shop tried to contact them and was told they would rather deal directly with the customer but the customer can never reach them.

I'm afraid until they get their house in order, we can't expect much. I am sending my H+ to Vertigo Drones and paying for the warranty repairs out of my pocket. Like you, this is a business drone and I can't wait around until they feel like responding. If I send it to them again, it will likely take another 5 months to get it back. I wish you the best of luck with them.
I just had my Typhoon H with Realsense repaired at Vertigo Drones took about 3 weeks during the holiday. My flight control board was replaced. I called Yuneec CS first and did absolutely nothing to help me 0 they called me but basically had nothing to say other than your out of warranty. This is a company have spent close to $3,000.00 in the last 5 years. At least make me feel like I'm important. My H is now back up in the air repaired at Vertigo. Out of my pocket repair. How should a company stand behind its products and services?
Your point about Ascend Services in California sounds like a real scam company!

I recently purchase a "refurbished" TH (aircraft only since I had a spare CGO3+) off ebay to replace my drowned and lost unit. Of my first 6 flights with the replacement, 3 exhibited toilet bowl behavior, the last was almost a disaster. I sent it back to the seller asking to have the flight controller replaced. No problem, he said. When I got it back a couple of weeks later, it flew (flies) perfectly. The ebay seller goes by "shirts4u2010". He provided excellent communication feedback during the process. There are still folks out there that provide good service. I see he has a refurbished TH+ for sale.

Last edited:
What's with the Yuneec flight controller board? Can someone enlighten me as to why this component goes bad so often?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval