Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Gimbal Potentiometers ST16/ST16-Pro/ST16s/ST24

Yuneec Skins

The Yuneec Parts Guy
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
yuneecskins.com
I decided to Di-sect a Gimbal Pot from an ST16, and I am amazed that these last very long at all, after seeing the inside of a Pot I'm really concerned about their longevity, so I'm going to try and find some better replacements, of all the Yuneec Parts I've seen these are the ones most prone to Failure, now I see why, they have to be the lowest Quality Pots on the Market.......

Attachments

• ST16 Gimbal Pots 10.1.png
    ST16 Gimbal Pots 10.1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
I decided to Di-sect a Gimbal Pot from an ST16, and I am amazed that these last very long at all, after seeing the inside of a Pot I'm really concerned about their longevity, so I'm going to try and find some better replacements, of all the Yuneec Parts I've seen these are the ones most prone to Failure, now I see why, they have to be the lowest Quality Pots on the Market.......
Do you have any specs on the pots?

Was the person using this ST-16 doing any regular maintenance on the control gimbals?

Was the person using this ST-16 doing any regular maintenance on the control gimbals?
He was replacing the stick because J1 would go up but not down. He took the pot apart to inspect it, hoping to determine the cause.

If and when someone finds a good quality replacement could they post the model number and place of purchase please ;) .
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: Steve Carr
when someone finds a good quality replacement
Have you had a problem with a stick? While there is often an indication the pots are erratic, it's actually connector on the pot. If you remove the white connector and solder the wires directly to the pot, the problem goes away.

Reactions: PatR and Mike Irish
Have you had a problem with a stick? While there is often an indication the pots are erratic, it's actually connector on the pot. If you remove the white connector and solder the wires directly to the pot, the problem goes away.
Hi Steve. No I haven't had any problems yet, but I am thinking ahead and want to be prepared ;)
Regards.
Mike

Many don’t realize the contact material used for common JST connectors is highly susceptible to filiform corrosion, reducing or interfering conductivity as it progresses. Once connected, all they have to do is sit there, power on or power off, for corrosion to form.

Common JST connectors are not “high end” and are intended to provide an economical means to complete mass produced electrical assemblies. They hold up best when used in relatively stable environments. An environment our flight controllers, and aircraft, don’t fit into as they are routinely transported in variable weather conditions. The best JST’s are gold tinned and more expensive.

As Steve said, clean or solder the connections and most problems go away. Some with camera control issues will see them resolved by cleaning the JST camera connector just under the gimbal mount.

I am planning to retrofit either Hitec Aurora 9, FRSky "analog" or FRSky hall effect sensor gimbals on my ST16 and ST24. I am on my second throttle/rudder gimbal on my ST16 and today I found out that the replacement lasted only for < 30 flights and I am going to need a third gimbal. I am done with Yuneec gimbals now. I'll keep you posted how this turns out! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech