Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 E90 Threads

Reaction score
I got a new replacement E90 camera from Yuneec and found that my adaptor ring for my filters did not fit. Meantime I had ordered a set of Freewell ND filters. They do not fit either. Upon calling around I have found out that Yuneec has changed thread slope on the E90 more than once during mid- production and Freewell will no longer build filters for them. When I asked if they he had any suggestions, he said there aren't any filters available and that I really had no way of knowing what thread my camera had. So this thread is to let everyone know that the E90 camera for the Yuneec H520 at this time have no filters available and if they do you don't know if they will fit your particular camera.

I got a new replacement E90 camera from Yuneec and found that my adaptor ring for my filters did not fit. Meantime I had ordered a set of Freewell ND filters. They do not fit either. Upon calling around I have found out that Yuneec has changed thread slope on the E90 more than once during mid- production and Freewell will no longer build filters for them. When I asked if they he had any suggestions, he said there aren't any filters available and that I really had no way of knowing what thread my camera had. So this thread is to let everyone know that the E90 camera for the Yuneec H520 at this time have no filters available and if they do you don't know if they will fit your particular camera.

I can't believe it, I'm going to avoid the comments. It's not worth it. Again a monumental blunder :(

Thank you for telling us Bod Marquiss

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
The filter holder is actually part of the camera body, not part of the camera. Apparently there were at least two camera bodies produced with slightly different thread sizes. This issue has been posted a few times and applies to the C23 and E90. It's possible to change the $20 body provided they send you the one with the correct threads. @Peggy has mentioned in another thread that adding a bit of Teflon plumbers tape to the threads will allow you to secure the filter.

Cam Body.jpg Freewell Threads.jpg

Reactions: Peggy
The filter holder is actually part of the camera body, not part of the camera. Apparently there were at least two camera bodies produced with slightly different thread sizes. This issue has been posted a few times and applies to the C23 and E90. It's possible to change the $20 body provided they send you the one with the correct threads. @Peggy has mentioned in another thread that adding a bit of Teflon plumbers tape to the threads will allow you to secure the filter.

View attachment 15069 View attachment 15070

Could it be because of the failure that happened to me? That all the metal front protector was detached? It seems to me very good that they integrate it and correct the fault, but that doing so causes another fault that eliminates the possibility of putting filters is sad. In the design phase nobody noticed? One step forward, two steps back :(

I recently got an H520 and E90 package, and I am seeing the same issue. I have really high-quality, standard 40.5mm lens filters from when I had a 1" sensor compact camera, so I was expecting they would just be able to screw them onto the front of the E90. I unscrewed the built-in lens protector, and realized they engineered the threads the wrong way. What the crap, how could they overlook such a no-brainer thing? It's almost a deal-breaker. I want to use a neutral-density filter to slow the shutter down for video, but it does not take standard filters as advertised. The quick start guide mentions noting about the filter adapter either. What filters were they expecting us to use??

I'm trying to follow your comments. Does your 40.5mm filter have the threads on the inside or the outside?
Was there a filter adapter supplied with your camera?

I'm trying to follow your comments. Does your 40.5mm filter have the threads on the inside or the outside?
Was there a filter adapter supplied with your camera?
My E90 came in a Pelican case with the H520, the E90 didn't come in it's own box, I didn't see a filter adapter. The threads on my lens filters are on the outside, which fit my 1" sensor camera lenses just fine.

It appears as though filters can be ordered with inside or outside threads. It just happens that the camera you had used that style filter.
It might be helpful to find someone with a vernier caliper like the one in the pic above so you can measure the outside dimension of the threads on your E90.

It appears as though filters can be ordered with inside or outside threads. It just happens that the camera you had used that style filter.
It might be helpful to find someone with a vernier caliper like the one in the pic above so you can measure the outside dimension of the threads on your E90.
OK thanks for that info @Steve Carr, I'll see if I can just order an ND filter with inside threads

Last edited:
OK thanks for that info @Steve Carr, I'll see if I can just order an ND filter with inside threads
I found a thread with the information we are looking for:

I believe the the threads are 39mm. I'm looking around right now trying to find that size with inside threads.
What shade level are you looking for?
I did find these for the E90 but a bit pricey and they look heavy.

Wow, nice find. Yeah the ND32 (5 stops) is a good middle ground, would be nice to just buy one and not the 4-pack.

I had a feeling that inside thread filters are way more rare, still wish YUNEEC made them the standard way. Still at least there’s an option, thanks for finding this!

Wow, nice find. Yeah the ND32 (5 stops) is a good middle ground, would be nice to just buy one and not the 4-pack.

I had a feeling that inside thread filters are way more rare, still wish YUNEEC made them the standard way. Still at least there’s an option, thanks for finding this!
I think the secret to the search is to look for a 39mm stackable filter. Then it will have inside and outside threads.

I have an ND32 that I don't use if that would help.

This is a stackable filter
Search for eBay item number: 183723334537

Last edited:
But haven't we heard that they've changed the outer piece? That thread is for the first E90. The new ones come with a whole piece and I think that's the problem. Take a good look before you buy anything.

At least that's how I understood it. The casing of the E90 is different from that of the first models.

I recently got an H520 and E90 package, and I am seeing the same issue. I have really high-quality, standard 40.5mm lens filters from when I had a 1" sensor compact camera, so I was expecting they would just be able to screw them onto the front of the E90. I unscrewed the built-in lens protector, and realized they engineered the threads the wrong way. What the crap, how could they overlook such a no-brainer thing? It's almost a deal-breaker. I want to use a neutral-density filter to slow the shutter down for video, but it does not take standard filters as advertised. The quick start guide mentions noting about the filter adapter either. What filters were they expecting us to use??

Have you attempted to call Yuneec and order that 39mm → 40.5 filter adapter? Then you can use your existing 40.5mm filters.

Reactions: Truely Yuneec
I think the secret to the search is to look for a 39mm stackable filter. Then it will have inside and outside threads.

I have an ND32 that I don't use if that would help.

This is a stackable filter
Search for eBay item number: 183723334537
Thanks for the heads up, that looks good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaphoodie