Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520E ST16E

and there is where I take issue with the h3 manual it states you can use the dual dy5 charger for the flight battery. the h3 battery socket is not usable on the dy5. the new charger is SC4000-4E. I need to head over to h3 thread and see what I can dig up on the charger for compare it to the current h520. oh they may have addressed the real time clock issue with the new ODFM module how ever you may need to keep the h520 e plugged in via usb cable when the vbat is removed. or the remote bat is removed ODFM module is also integrated in to the st16e

Reactions: Steve Carr
The manual indicates the battery for the 520e is LiHv 4s 6200mAh. So that would explain the claimed 30 min flight time.
But that differs from the H3.

Last edited:
they upgraded the capacity which is a good thing. however this time they did not mention that the battery is able to be used on the dy5 charger. I sure like to know what the pinout of the charger base is and modify it to use a third party charger that can properly manage the flight batteries.

I sure like to know what the pinout of the charger base
Since Yuneec prefers to continue using existing parts whenever possible, I expect the charger will be the same except for the battery receiver plug. We won't know for sure until someone has one in hand.

The new gimbal connector is a major thing, and that the WiFi connection is with the aircraft than the camera (it seems to me).
So, our current cameras won't work with it.

Will it have control rates!? Will it have gimbal control rates for when using the 30x zoom E30z??

I think the wifi is more in line with the new odfm module. I want to see video flights of this aircraft. also I wonder If I can hack the oem charging cube with the dy5 charger. wonder what gauge wire would work best to jump from the dy5 to the new charger pins. think 0 awg is over kill ,4 awg is bit much 6 awg maybe, 8 awg should be the key.

and there is where I take issue with the h3 manual it states you can use the dual dy5 charger for the flight battery. the h3 battery socket is not usable on the dy5. the new charger is SC4000-4E. I need to head over to h3 thread and see what I can dig up on the charger for compare it to the current h520. oh they may have addressed the real time clock issue with the new ODFM module how ever you may need to keep the h520 e plugged in via usb cable when the vbat is removed. or the remote bat is removed ODFM module is also integrated in to the st16e
That's because the double charger for H3 was released a bit later than the H3 itself. It's available now.

They really put those ugly antennas on the arms? I can't believe that. The new gimbal is a go but those antennas? Nah.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Found this on FB.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1597404468917.jpg
    FB_IMG_1597404468917.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 53
  • FB_IMG_1597404471645.jpg
    FB_IMG_1597404471645.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 53
  • FB_IMG_1597404476618.jpg
    FB_IMG_1597404476618.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1597404474029.jpg
    FB_IMG_1597404474029.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 53
We'll have to wait until it's on the market to see how it really works. I'm almost sure that it will be possible to adapt it to the old models without any problem but Yuneec will have already taken care of not supplying the hardware, that is a transmitter and a receiver, and that the firmware is limited only for the E version ?

Reactions: Steve Carr
I want to see what the fail safe for the battery is. With all the issues users are having I like to see what yuneec done to take care of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430