Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Interdrone News

Open source, sounds like they may be going in the right direction?

The collaboration with 3DR could be a game changer. Hopefully developments will be fed into the H520 consumer firmware.

There's a webinar if anyone wants to learn more. Its not convenient for my work time as I'm on the wrong side of the atlantic.

3DR Webinar

A failed company that squandered $10’s of millions is partnering with a company that insists on remaining 2 or more years behind the competition after accepting $60 million from a Dronecode member, along with a coding conglomerate controlled by large aero corporations. Sounds like Sears partnering with K-Mart taking directions from a government run business development agency. Efficiency and agility at their finest...

A failed company that squandered $10’s of millions is partnering with a company that insists on remaining 2 or more years behind the competition after accepting $60 million from a Dronecode member, along with a coding conglomerate controlled by large aero corporations. Sounds like Sears partnering with K-Mart taking directions from a government run business development agency. Efficiency and agility at their finest...

I'm currently looking at branching out to Yuneeq from DJI, am I wasting my time?

The Yuneeq line looks interesting, customer service seems to be much better which wouldn't be hard when you're talking about DJI. Parts also seem much more user-friendly and accessible. cross compatibility with batteries, Typhoon H, H520.

Dronerd, not everyone is negative about the H520. There probably hasnt been a response here as it wasnt put in the H520 section. Some really still arent happy as the initial marketing material didnt align with what was delivered.

However they have been improving the firmware significantly over this time. I felt confident enough to go for the H520 only recently. I've yet to fly it but I'm sure it'll prove itself.

When comparing to the DJI line you should perhaps consider the H520 as a smaller lighter M200, around or just above the P4P. In DJI terms if you cinematic you want Inspire 2. If you want industrial you want M200 or above.

I've got the H520 primarily for construction & mapping. Also for the lack of gear in the way, and the excellent wind resistance. The fact it looks more like a professional drone helps too!

Yuneec does make some pretty good products, for those that take the time to learn how to use them. They are also much less invasive of your personal and professional privacy than DJI.

Although there are numerous reasons some have become disappointed with Yuneec, the short version is they are slow to respond to market demands and customer requests for product improvements. They also fail to communicate any of their forward planning with their customer base.

I was a pretty dedicated 3DR flyer right up until they ran afoul with the Solo. Fortunately I held off that one and didn’t get wrapped with a product you now can’t buy batteries for. On the up side is all the 3DR products I had and still have, all still function perfectly and receive periodic improvements through the Ardu community. Funny thing, with the exception of the Yuneec gimbal and Tx display screen, they all can deliver more flight functionality than anything Yuneec has produced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop