Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Is Listening

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
Like a lot of you I have often wondered if (the manufacturer) Yuneec takes notice of it's customers, and in particular; our thoughts and ideas as to any possible improvements. I now believe they do.

I want to make it clear that I am not connected with Yuneec in any way. I am just another Yuneec flyer and participating member of this forum.

Some of you know that I have been making videos for the Typhoon H and H Plus series in which I share some of my thoughts and techniques about the systems and ways they can be used, as well as perhaps things that could be made better. Because of this, I was recently somewhat surprised to have been contacted by one of Yuneec's engineers on the development team for the Typhoon H Plus and told that many of the things we would like to see brought back, or added to the Plus, are in fact in process. This is to include; Trim Pad Functions, Camera Improvements and possibly; Functionality to the AUX button.

While I have no way to verify everything, I have no reason to believe otherwise based on the conversations I have had with him. One of the first things he has asked me to share is a new lens profile for the C-23 that they have created for Lightroom. Lens Profile

Like a lot of you I have often wondered if (the manufacturer) Yuneec takes notice of it's customers, and in particular; our thoughts and ideas as to any possible improvements. I now believe they do.

I want to make it clear that I am not connected with Yuneec in any way. I am just another Yuneec flyer and participating member of this forum.

Some of you know that I have been making videos for the Typhoon H and H Plus series in which I share some of my thoughts and techniques about the systems and ways they can be used, as well as perhaps things that could be made better. Because of this, I was recently somewhat surprised to have been contacted by one of Yuneec's engineers on the development team for the Typhoon H Plus and told that many of the things we would like to see brought back, or added to the Plus, are in fact in process. This is to include; Trim Pad Functions, Camera Improvements and possibly; Functionality to the AUX button.

While I have no way to verify everything, I have no reason to believe otherwise based on the conversations I have had with him. One of the first things he has asked me to share is a new lens profile for the C-23 that they have created for Lightroom. Lens Profile
That is really great news to hear Ty let's hope they don't take too long [emoji16]

Happy new year.

I'm on the same end as all of you, just a messenger. I believe they have heard all of us and I am just as excited to hear the news as you.
Yes you are on the same end, however YOU are making professional quality videos that get noticed by people who matter. People who realize others like us are watching these videos intently. This is the only difference between you, me and many others here. And now you are like Moses coming down from the mountain with promises from god! Really!?! How cool is that?? ...May I touch your robe?;)

Seriously Ty, this why your contributions are invaluable, even in ways we don't realize. But you can be humble that's fine. We all know what great guy you are! Thanks for sharing this promising news!!

Last edited:
That is definitely some good news Ty! I know you have put out some really good instructional videos and therefore have a presence on YouTube. Sounds as if they realize you make a good ambassador for the product.

I had heard that this forum was being taken seriously from a member that had a flyaway when the Plus first came out. We had analyzed his telemetry and could find no pilot error. It was like the flight controller was totally ignoring the inputs from the ST-16S. When he contacted Yuneec CS for his area of Europe for warranty, a Yuneec employee let him know they were a member on the forum and they were taking note of our serious postings.

If our membership takes heed this time around and Yuneec responds in kind, together we can build a working partnership of company and customer to become leaders in sUAS aircraft from entry level to pro/commercial level.

This is indeed a refreshing development. The H Plus is one of the best copters on the market. That said, those features are needed to make the Plus more appealing to photographers and videographers. Add to that list......expo settings for at least yaw and the camera functions and we have a winner.

Just think of where Yuneec would go if they had Ty pilot and a few others on this forum on thier development team:)

You have a voice for the present time. Be a part of the team and input your ideas as a pilot and photographer/videographer. Yuneec has their ear to the wall and will hear clear concise ideas for improvement. If all they hear is a “droning” buzz they may move to another area.

This is in reply to biltno’s post, but is directed to all members to voice real concerns and ideas.

They have to do this as CES is near. I expect a Mantis pro push, more enterprise products, and as Ty has indicated, more Plus features. They still have decent customer service despite the lots of pilots here who think otherwise. Prices are dropping dramatically on features that used to be high end so the only thing that separate companies now will be image quality and camera specs. Yuneec could add the CGO3+ profile to the ST16+ as a good start. I’d for sure upgrade one or two of mine with 3rd party optics if I knew I could fly my cameras on all my Typhoons.

Wait, what??? This is awesome, congrats. You’re the man that’s best suited for this, and our voice.

If it wasn’t for your TH+ review in YouTube, I wouldn’t have bought the TH+

Reactions: Steve Carr and DCH
Maybe they can listen and repair the 2 drones I've had fail, both within warranty period, yet not be repaired..

Maybe they can listen and repair the 2 drones I've had fail, both within warranty period, yet not be repaired..

Were they both TH+ aircraft? Do you have the telemetry files from both that you can post here for a second opinion? Please describe the circumstances of the failures, and post them in a new thread as we are moving off topic here. This thread is for posting abilities desired in the TH+.

Edit: I see your post from earlier today about the TH flipping on take off Typhoon H flipping over at take-off.

We care about your troubles and only ask that we handle it in a new thread, not in this one. Thanks for understanding.

I just reviewed all of your previous posts and see you have or have had a Q500 and a Typhoon H so please post your information requested in those respective discussion forums. Those concern trouble with Yuneec CS and not new capabilities being engineered into the TH+.

Edit: I see your post for the TH flipping and linked it above for others to follow.

Last edited:

@DoomMeister has already addressed this above but I would like to add one thing and this is not a slam on you @wishie but just an opportunity to explain something so this is sort of directed at all of us.

I asked the Yuneec engineer why he doesn't just make these posts himself. From his response, he seemed to indicate that it is due to the fact that many of us would not understand the difference between what he is tasked to do (which is very specific) and customer service. Yuneec is a very large company spread across several continents and many countries. The duties of customer service are not the same as those of the various engineering teams - they are not interchangeable. Also, an engineer who works for instance, on the H Plus team may have no involvement or detailed understanding of a Q500 or the 920. Again this is a very large, complex company with lots of moving parts so to speak.

The purpose of his contact with us was to let us know that they do see our questions and desires and whenever practical, some of the improvements we seek will be implemented.

Yuneec Iceland.png
Thanks to Ty Pilot once again. By the way if you're a Mac owner here is the path for loading
the lens profile:

Mac Path for Loading The New Lens Profile for H+ C23

Library>Application Support>Adobe>Camera Raw>Lens Profiles>1.0>Yuneec

Note: If Camera Raw Folder is not present it’s because you have not downloaded
DNG Converter From Adobe
Here is the link for that: Adobe Digital Negative Converter

@DoomMeister has already addressed this above but I would like to add one thing and this is not a slam on you @wishie but just an opportunity to explain something so this is sort of directed at all of us.

I asked the Yuneec engineer why he doesn't just make these posts himself. From his response, he seemed to indicate that it is due to the fact that many of us would not understand the difference between what he is tasked to do (which is very specific) and customer service. Yuneec is a very large company spread across several continents and many countries. The duties of customer service are not the same as those of the various engineering teams - they are not interchangeable. Also, an engineer who works for instance, on the H Plus team may have no involvement or detailed understanding of a Q500 or the 920. Again this is a very large, complex company with lots of moving parts so to speak.

The purpose of his contact with us was to let us know that they do see our questions and desires and whenever practical, some of the improvements we seek will be implemented.
I hope what he's saying is true. I had numerous conversations with an engineer that's no longer with Yuneec. He was telling me that they have no pull with Yuneec China. Hopefully things have changed.

The website is controlled in Germany and he said they are the last to know what's going on.

I would be enthralled to find out I'm wrong and Yuneec has changed. My gut tells me that they're only concerned with the bottom line and the feedback is just to make us feel good.

But hey my wife and many of you guys tell me I'm wrong all the time.

That doesn't make us married does it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nashamukti52