Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec "No Fly Zone" Release Now Available

Yuneec Skins

The Yuneec Parts Guy
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
yuneecskins.com
Yuneec Skins has signed an agreement with Yuneec, and received the Software to do "No Fly Zone" Releases (NFZ Removal) for the following Yuneec Drones:
  • Typhoon H
  • Typhoon H-Pro
  • Typhoon H480
  • Typhoon H-Plus
  • Typhoon H3
  • Mantis Q
  • Mantis G
I realize that Q500 & H920 Series are not included, and have Requested the NFZ Software to unlock those Models as well, and will Update this Thread when I receive an answer.

It has been a long Road to make this happen. In Accordance with the Terms of my Agreement am Required to Maintain Records for a Period of 7 Years, and no Doubt will ad to my current workload, having to give directions on how to Perform this Process to Remove the Restricted Airspace Lock.
This Service used to be done for Free through Yuneec's Website, and during negotiations it was decided that a Fee of $100 will be charged by Yuneec Skins to Remove the NFZ Lock on your Yuneec Drone. This is a 1 time Fee, and will be a Full Unlock, with No Expiration Date, and if you update Firmware Yuneec Skins will Reissue the Unlock Code at No Additional Cost.
Yuneec is Planning a Relaunch in the USA, and will be Under New Management.
You can find more Information and Purchase the NFZ Unlock Request here:

I’d like to hear more about Yuneec’s relaunch. I’m about to start on a long term high dollar contract and it’ll be important to have reliable service to keep the drones in the air.

Yuneec’s flaky service and the scarcity of spare parts has got me considering switching to a different brand of drone. If they can’t support me I’ll have to take my business elsewhere.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Yuneec Skins has signed an agreement with Yuneec, and received the Software to do "No Fly Zone" Releases (NFZ Removal) for the following Yuneec Drones:
  • Typhoon H
  • Typhoon H-Pro
  • Typhoon H480
  • Typhoon H-Plus
  • Typhoon H3
  • Mantis Q
  • Mantis G
I realize that Q500 & H920 Series are not included, and have Requested the NFZ Software to unlock those Models as well, and will Update this Thread when I receive an answer.

It has been a long Road to make this happen. In Accordance with the Terms of my Agreement am Required to Maintain Records for a Period of 7 Years, and no Doubt will ad to my current workload, having to give directions on how to Perform this Process to Remove the Restricted Airspace Lock.
This Service used to be done for Free through Yuneec's Website, and during negotiations it was decided that a Fee of $100 will be charged by Yuneec Skins to Remove the NFZ Lock on your Yuneec Drone. This is a 1 time Fee, and will be a Full Unlock, with No Expiration Date, and if you update Firmware Yuneec Skins will Reissue the Unlock Code at No Additional Cost.
Great news!
Thanks John.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
I’d like to hear more about Yuneec’s relaunch. I’m about to start on a long term high dollar contract and it’ll be important to have reliable service to keep the drones in the air.

Yuneec’s flaky service and the scarcity of spare parts has got me considering switching to a different brand of drone. If they can’t support me I’ll have to take my business elsewhere.
Right here is your answer "YUNEEC SKINS" dont know what your flyin, but john has just about everything you could need ? Oh and he does repairs as well, check him out ?

I understand more about what happened to the former USA Dealer, it's Like a McDonalds or Burger King, they are Franchises, and Individually Owned and Branded, it was the mis-management of the Former USA Entity that caused it's failure, it's not the Fault of the Manufacturer Yuneec, they were left holding the Bag, so to speak, the re-launch will be under new management, and they will be focusing on the Commercial Market, and I can see why, the Problem was that any idiot could buy a Yuneec Drone, with no prior experience, take it out of the Box, Fly it and Crash, and simply return it for a Full Refund. 98% of Crashes are caused by Operator Error,and they are Quick to Blame it on the Product, and Deny any Responsibility.

I am amazed that the Consumer can Purchase the Platform and Fly it at all with no Prior Instruction or Experience, you have to give credit to a Manufacturer that makes a Product that's so dependable. No one defends Yuneec's Position because there was nobody left to do it after the former USA owners are gone. If you see the situation for what it was it makes sense, and we all thought it was Yuneec who abandoned us. No one has coached me or is asking me to say this, I would not defend them if I didn't believe this to be the case. Yuneec did not have to give me the Software for the NFZ, but someone had to have it, in good Faith.

It is just Good Business, and it shows they do care about their Loyal Customers, I kind of fell into the slot left Vacant, and I can't see myself switching to their Competitor, DJ.....I can't even say the Name, I hope this Helps to Clarify what's actually happened. I never expected Yuneec Skins to be this involved, Luckily it's a 1 man operation, with very little overhead, because there isn't enough money in it at this Point to have a Storefront, and employees, and all the associated Overhead, otherwise it would have been a Company like Carolina Drones doing this.......

Just my humble opinion.

For Q500 I remember two patched FW files. One removes the 8000ft limit and the other removes the NFZ.
The discussion was here:

br HE

Will you provide the services you offer and Location.

When I load license file tu the Typhooh GUI, I will get the new button Enable/Disable NFZ. OK so far.
But there is also a Button "Clear parameters". Anyone knows what it is good for? Something dangerous?

br HE
Hi there,

Do I take it your allowed to cover Europe and perhaps UK also, as am based in England.

Cheers T

When I load license file tu the Typhooh GUI, I will get the new button Enable/Disable NFZ. OK so far.
But there is also a Button "Clear parameters". Anyone knows what it is good for? Something dangerous?

br HE
I pressed it, and nothing happened.........maybe something happened somewhere else, it's a Mystery.....;)

Reactions: h-elsner
  • Typhoon H
  • Typhoon H-Pro
  • Typhoon H480
  • Typhoon H-Plus
  • Typhoon H3
  • Mantis Q
  • Mantis G

Thanks for the announcement. Is a PC required for this NFZ release process? I don’t have one, but if I did, any operating system requirements? Thanks for your service and info.

I understand more about what happened to the former USA Dealer, it's Like a McDonalds or Burger King, they are Franchises, and Individually Owned and Branded, it was the mis-management of the Former USA Entity that caused it's failure, it's not the Fault of the Manufacturer Yuneec, they were left holding the Bag, so to speak, the re-launch will be under new management, and they will be focusing on the Commercial Market, and I can see why, the Problem was that any idiot could buy a Yuneec Drone, with no prior experience, take it out of the Box, Fly it and Crash, and simply return it for a Full Refund. 98% of Crashes are caused by Operator Error,and they are Quick to Blame it on the Product, and Deny any Responsibility.

I am amazed that the Consumer can Purchase the Platform and Fly it at all with no Prior Instruction or Experience, you have to give credit to a Manufacturer that makes a Product that's so dependable. No one defends Yuneec's Position because there was nobody left to do it after the former USA owners are gone. If you see the situation for what it was it makes sense, and we all thought it was Yuneec who abandoned us. No one has coached me or is asking me to say this, I would not defend them if I didn't believe this to be the case. Yuneec did not have to give me the Software for the NFZ, but someone had to have it, in good Faith.

It is just Good Business, and it shows they do care about their Loyal Customers, I kind of fell into the slot left Vacant, and I can't see myself switching to their Competitor, DJ.....I can't even say the Name, I hope this Helps to Clarify what's actually happened. I never expected Yuneec Skins to be this involved, Luckily it's a 1 man operation, with very little overhead, because there isn't enough money in it at this Point to have a Storefront, and employees, and all the associated Overhead, otherwise it would have been a Company like Carolina Drones doing this.......

Just my humble opinion.
Thank you for everyone with marbles in the game

Larry

Will you provide the services you offer and Location.
Not sure what your asking.....
If you send me your F/C (Flight Controller) I can unlock it, and ship it back for those who don't have access to a computer, much less expensive than shipping the Drone....;)

Congrats John. Good news for everyone on the forums for sure. Can’t remember how many “NFZ” issues threads have been on here, hopefully this will help folks enjoy the hobby more with easier access instead of fighting to contact yuneec.

Hello @YunnecSkins like a firts point sorry for my poor English.

Im from México, I buy a Typhoon H but the problem is I live near 7 km to the airport so my drone say NFZ I want buy the servicies for unlocked because I need take a video for house sales.

I read for the servicies I need a license Of pilot

Im only have a license of mechanical aircraft(DGAC) but I know all laws and regulations about the drones in my country and a level international, so ¿I can buy your services?

other problem is when I try pay whit paypal the services said only accept pays for Usa.

Spanish
Hola amigo en días recientes compre un Typhoon H, el problema es que vivo cerca de un aeropuerto a 7km por lo que al intentar encender el dron me dice que no es zona permitida de vuelo, soy mecánico en aviación por lo que sé los procedimientos, leyes y regulaciones establecidos por la Dirección General de Aeronáutica en mi país y por la FAA, pero en mis tiempos libres soy aficionado a los drones y grabo videos para casas en venta y negocios, por lo que estoy interesado en desbloquear mi drone pero en su servicio leí que necesito una licencia de piloto la cuál no tengo solo la de mecánico en. aviación quisiera saber si con esta puedo acreditar mis conocimientos, por otro lado al intentar pagar el servicio por PayPal me dice que no acepta pagos fuera de USA.

• Typhoon H
  • Typhoon H-Pro
  • Typhoon H480
  • Typhoon H-Plus
  • Typhoon H3
  • Mantis Q
  • Mantis G

Besides trying to fly NFZ, how can you tell if your birds already got it

I bought a refurbished H+

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots