Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec official announcement: NO data collection

For me it is not something I have worried about, but to clarify Yuneec's clarification .......

Does the statement mean we can prevent information from ever reaching Yuneec?

Or does this mean that Yuneec has information and chooses not to reveal it ........ at this time?

For me it is not something I have worried about, but to clarify Yuneec's clarification .......

Or does this mean that Yuneec has information and chooses not to reveal it ........ at this time?

This info release is of tremendous benefit for Yuneec operators!

Of course you can. You have the option of performing OTA firmware upgrades or manually via file transfers from the Yuneec Download page to your computer and transferring them via SD card to the aircraft and ST-16. You make the choice to link the -16 to the internet, or not. This is one of the benefits of not having a slew of apps interacting with your system.

There is no data link between the controller, the camera, or the aircraft as the WiFi is system generated and requires no external WiFi or internet connection.

You decide if you want to provide telemetry to Yuneec, or not, if experiencing issues or experiencing an incident. Private discussion with Yuneec might find the meas to "scrub" telemetry of sensitive project data. However, there may be times the value of the data far exceeds the value of an aircraft and require free replacement of an aircraft be sacrificed to maintain information security. The imagery files are limited in number, overwrite when the file quantity is exceeded, and can be deleted from the ST-16 any time you desire.

The GUI does not collect and transmit any data between the aircraft and Yuneec. The process is a direct system performance review and report between the GUI and the aircraft. The GUI has no requirement to be linked to the internet.

In short, you are in total control of your mission data. Nobody can obtain it unless you take active steps to provide it.

In recent dealings with some insurance carriers there are more difficult to accomplish concerns with how we maintain data security once it has been removed from the aircraft. Do we encrypt, control all publication, limit the people than can see or touch the data, or prevent our computer from connecting to the internet when it contains proprietary data? What information do we permit to reside on our computer drives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11