Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Q500 inconsistencies with the camera

Reaction score
Good morning friends, I have a question, I recently purchased a Yuneec drone reference Q500, when trying to operate the camera I realized that she does not obey the orders to move up or move down. I have done all the updates but I cannot get it to work. Can someone help me with this please.

There is no PWM signal reaching the gimbal, therefore no tilting the camera. See this thread Way To Fix Drones project and download the document.

When @WTFDproject signs on he can give you things to check to troubleshoot where the problem is exactly. He will have you refer to certain attachments in the above document.

Reactions: WTFDproject
As @DoomMeister says, there appears to be no PWM signal reaching the camera gimbal.
First, understand I am assuming the camera is powered up normally, and is stabilizing normally. If this is not true, please let me know. Otherwise:

1.) If the Drone is a 4K AND the camera is a CGo3:
a.) Check the contacts on the camera mount. Clean the contacts on both camera and drone side.
b.) Ensure none of the contacts are stuck down. (stuck down is a COMMON ISSUE). Refer to Attachment 18 in the document linked by @DoomMeister.

2.) If the camera is a CGo3, then attach the "pigtail" cable to the back of the CGo3, and plug it into the socket in the bottom of the Drone. IF the tilt works with the pigtail attached, you will need to address damage to "the three black wires". Refer to Attachment 1 of the document mentioned by @DoomMeister.

3.) IF available, try the camera on the SteadyGrip or another Q500.

4.) Use the "Hardware Monitor" of your ST10 controller to check that signal "K1" is responding full scale and smoothly when you operate the tilt slider.

If none of the above suggestions provides a solution, it will be necessary to open the Q500 shell and:
1.) Check for loose or damage wiring associated with the camera.
2.) Address a failed transistor on the mainboard. (another COMMON ISSUE). For the transistor, refer to Attachment 44 of the document mentioned by @DoomMeister.

If you need additional details, please let us know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval