Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Simulator

Reaction score
Got the simulator today, perfect for a record breaking cold day here in New England. Trying to bind the ST-16 to it was a challenge. There are no instructions provided and as I followed this video I kept getting "Bind Failed". Familiar with this panicky feeling I just kept trying differing button pushing sequences hoping I would not foul something else up, finally it bound. This thing is great, the details of the H are outstanding. I imagine the actual flight characteristics are pretty accurate also. I highly recommend this to anyone getting a Typhoon H. I imagine if I keep practicing with this I will be ready for some early spring flying. I am pretty good at flying it around having had some Helis and the 350 QX3 before, but I need to get familiar with the H and all the functions on the controller.

Simulator for Yuneec Aircraft | HorizonHobby

It always takes me several attempts to get it to bind. You will note that you can adjust the wind speed on the sim and you can also turn off GPS on the controller to give you a whole new experience in flying and landing.

Reactions: jcommstudios
I tried flying with GPS off, good to practice that. I couldn't get it come back on unless I power cycled controller and simulator. I will try playing with Wind settings tommorow.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes... takes several bind attempts... also not usually noted, but will not take off full turtle mode. Unfortunately you will not be able to use any camera functions nor any automated flight modes. But the effort to get the Sim to fly in GPS off mode is invaluable. :)

The video above is good, but the simulator video below, shows how to get into the GPS Off mode at 6:28.

Last edited:
I have noticed that the sticks seem to have a dead spot around the center. As I start to move away from center there is no response from the H on the simulator until I have moved them for a little bit. I am aware of Expo on RC radios, this seems to be negative Expo.

Okay, found out about the Dead Zone from GPS. I added Expo, just the opposite of what I originally thought before I learned about the GPS Dead Zone. Much better now. I noticed if you disable GPS you can't re enable it unless you land. I am also finding that sometimes you can not turn off GPS, it seems temperamental. Is the real H like this? I would hate to turn off GPS and then not be able to turn it back on.

Channel settings for Right Stick - ST16

Last edited:
Is the real H like this? I would hate to turn off GPS and then not be able to turn it back on.
You can turn it off and on during flight.
Not sure why you would get the warning for OA. I don't recall seeing that so maybe I'll give it a try.

This is an area of interest, the UAV Simulator. I haven't received the USB simulator stick yet, so I'm basing this from watching a few Youtubes... so please correct me if I'm skewed in understanding. Do the H480 graphics overlay a video background, it appears you're moving the H around a very realistic screen in comparison to "other" drone manufacture's simulator. Impressive and it appears it's pretty responsive to the controls; is there latency or delay? I understand there are no other scenery / background... only the one in the park. Is this a simulator that actually is a "simulator" with programming that provides a realistic control & reaction? Can you crash it.. what's the effect? Can it perform maneuvers not realistic for the H? I was going to pass on the simulator... as indicated the "other" one is a vector graphics & not realistic... more game, but after seeing a few Youtubes, I thought I'd take a closer look.

I found it very realistic and it seems to respond just like the H. When you crash it just stops and returns to the takeoff position. This is a very short clip I recorded to demonstrate a faulty ST16 which caused a crash. You can see the motors stop and then it drops to the ground. It replicated exactly what happened with the real bird.

Oh Wow... Cool... The ST16 caused a motor shutoff on the real bird, you connected to simulator and actually duplicated the failure! Now that's impressive for a free to cheap simulator!

How does it work, the graphical overlay? It's taking input and by your video above, the actual graphical image is visually reacting to your inputs... motor shutoff.

Will it move pretty much anyway on screen? Can you fly away... out of freq or visual?
Have they ever hinted to release new scenery?

Oh Wow... Cool... The ST16 caused a motor shutoff on the real bird, you connected to simulator and actually duplicated the failure! Now that's impressive for a free to cheap simulator!

How does it work, the graphical overlay? It's taking input and by your video above, the actual graphical image is visually reacting to your inputs... motor shutoff.

Will it move pretty much anyway on screen? Can you fly away... out of freq or visual?
Have they ever hinted to release new scenery?
I honestly have no clue how it works but this test proved the sim reacted exactly as the aircraft does from inputs from the ST16. I'm sure there are limits and I doubt you will get a flyaway on a sim.
Don't look for updates. After all, it's a $40 piece of hardware and free software.

Just flew on the Sim and as the battery for the ST-16 was getting low, I flew as high as I could (400 ft) and very far away, I then turned off the ST-16. About 5 minutes later a small dot appeared and the H landed in Home mode, pretty cool. I also noticed that sometimes I cant disable GPS or enable it, it is finicky.

Sorry to rub it in guys, but it's in the 70s (F) here in Florida, so I don't need to simulate during the winter. Stay warm!

Got the simulator today, perfect for a record breaking cold day here in New England. Trying to bind the ST-16 to it was a challenge. There are no instructions provided and as I followed this video I kept getting "Bind Failed". Familiar with this panicky feeling I just kept trying differing button pushing sequences hoping I would not foul something else up, finally it bound. This thing is great, the details of the H are outstanding. I imagine the actual flight characteristics are pretty accurate also. I highly recommend this to anyone getting a Typhoon H. I imagine if I keep practicing with this I will be ready for some early spring flying. I am pretty good at flying it around having had some Helis and the 350 QX3 before, but I need to get familiar with the H and all the functions on the controller.

The attached file is the UAV sim manual. It includes the binding procedures.

Attachments

• FCCID.io-2781158.pdf
    350.6 KB · Views: 32

The flight sim also works great for testing your controller . if there is a problem with the controller, it will show up on the sim, and any repair you do to the controller can be tested with the sim....Last summer my bird was turning very slow, I tried the compressed air fix, and it helped a little, but then I just replace the joystick and all the testing was done on the sim......

Sorry to rub it in guys, but it's in the 70s (F) here in Florida, so I don't need to simulate during the winter. Stay warm!
Lol... you’re missing an important training skill... sitting down while flying. Takes time to perfect the coordination. Enjoy the 70’s, been in the neg teens, up in 30’s now for few days, falling again to 0 end of week. Just gives us hope for Spring!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval