Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon Controller

Reaction score
I bought a Typhoon off eBay that was a factory refurbished. The control has three antennas, two tall and one round on the top. It looks like it goes with the pro version but I don’t think that the drone is a pro? I can’t get it to fly. The camera connects but that’s it.

Have a read.

Reactions: WernerJB
I bought a Typhoon off eBay that was a factory refurbished. The control has three antennas, two tall and one round on the top. It looks like it goes with the pro version but I don’t think that the drone is a pro? I can’t get it to fly. The camera connects but that’s it.
I purchased a refurbished Typhoon H and had a problem where the Drone was not recognized by the ST16 but the camera was. I suspect that the firmware was updated but that the old Flight Data on the ST16 was never cleared. I haven't been able to verify this but I suggest that you clear the old data by following the procedure described on page 47 of the revised user manual "TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf". The link to this manual can be found on this site. At the end of the reset procedure it says to rebind both the Typhoon H and the camera. These procedures are found in this pdf also. Please post your findings here; or a request for further clarification as to what I've suggested.

Reactions: Roogiew53
And in the hopes of clearing up the confusion that continues around the names given to the various bundles of the Typhoon H.;)

The "Pro" is identical, in every way, to the standard typhoon H except - it has RealSense. And here is the US; the package or 'bundle' it was sold in included two flight batteries, a Wizard Wand and a Back Pack. In Early 2017 Yuneec then bundled the Standard H in the same way. SO - the Pro has RealSense and other than that is identical to the standard H.

The transmitters for all Typhoons have three antennas - the early ones just had the third placed inside the controller - when the "pro" was brought out it was the first to have the third external antenna as well as the black tubes on the bottom of the Typhoon body, inside of each gear leg. Later the 3 antenna controller became universal across all variants as did the aircraft's' antenna tubes.

I purchased a refurbished Typhoon H and had a problem where the Drone was not recognized by the ST16 but the camera was. I suspect that the firmware was updated but that the old Flight Data on the ST16 was never cleared. I haven't been able to verify this but I suggest that you clear the old data by following the procedure described on page 47 of the revised user manual "TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf". The link to this manual can be found on this site. At the end of the reset procedure it says to rebind both the Typhoon H and the camera. These procedures are found in this pdf also. Please post your findings here; or a request for further clarification as to what I've suggested.
Thank you.

And in the hopes of clearing up the confusion that continues around the names given to the various bundles of the Typhoon H.;)

The "Pro" is identical, in every way, to the standard typhoon H except - it has RealSense. And here is the US; the package or 'bundle' it was sold in included two flight batteries, a Wizard Wand and a Back Pack. In Early 2017 Yuneec then bundled the Standard H in the same way. SO - the Pro has RealSense and other than that is identical to the standard H.

The transmitters for all Typhoons have three antennas - the early ones just had the third placed inside the controller - when the "pro" was brought out it was the first to have the third external antenna as well as the black tubes on the bottom of the Typhoon body, inside of each gear leg. Later the 3 antenna controller became universal across all variants as did the aircraft's' antenna tubes.
And the standard is called advanced.
YUNTYHBUK
PRO without Real sense
YUNTYHBUK
PRO RS With Realsense
YUNTYHBUK
Yuneec UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roogiew53
You may want this also? You'll be glad you did!

Reactions: ttmarch
And the standard is called advanced.

In the UK perhaps, but that name was not used in the marketing here in the states to my knowledge. The point I was trying to make is that all these 'names' don't mean anything or serve any purpose when it comes to problems or issues such as raised by the OP, they only serve to confuse, this thread is proof of that.

I still stand by the fact that the only real operational difference in any of the Typhoon H models was, and still is, RealSense. The rest is just names and small cosmetic changes.

In the UK perhaps, but that name was not used in the marketing here in the states to my knowledge. The point I was trying to make is that all these 'names' don't mean anything or serve any purpose when it comes to problems or issues such as raised by the OP, they only serve to confuse, this thread is proof of that.

I still stand by the fact that the only real operational difference in any of the Typhoon H models was, and still is, RealSense. The rest is just names and small cosmetic changes.
You get more spare props with the Pro. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Pilot
When I got my H Pro, same thing. Camera worked, but not aircraft. I had to create a new model and bind it. Fixed me right up.

The manual linked above will walk you through it.

Yes to me Advanced indicates it should contain a better package than the Pro, but it doesn't.

And then as if to cause yet more confusion, Yuneec whips out the Typhoon H Plus? ? maybe they should tear a page out of the GoPro playbook and call it the '520 Black' . . . .er wait - 520 Dark Silver.
What about next model Plus One?

Hey I have two Subaru's. A 20 02 wrx and a 2005 Forrester and still have both.but this thread is awesome but now I'm becoming confused and am going to wait until tomorrow to try my first flight. The st16 is cool and similar to the st12 but has more stuff. I still have questions but I will come back when my brain wakes up.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval