Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec typhoon h

Reaction score
New to the yuneec bought second hand always had a dji can't work the thing out had it up and flying the day I got it done a calibration and everything left it a few days had to go and bind the controller and camera last night again thing keeps beeping with a blue light now then it came up its all ready to fly next thing it takes off sideways into a fence aint sure what software it's running or if it needs updated can someone help

New to the yuneec bought second hand always had a dji can't work the thing out had it up and flying the day I got it done a calibration and everything left it a few days had to go and bind the controller and camera last night again thing keeps beeping with a blue light now then it came up its all ready to fly next thing it takes off sideways into a fence aint sure what software it's running or if it needs updated can someone help
Sorry that happened to you. Im sure others can chime in with more expertise than I, but 3 quick questions first. How close where you to the drone/ and or any large amount of metal? (Fence, railing, sculpture etc) Secondly, what is the condition of your batteries? Are they bloated? (paperweight) and third, were you in angle or smart mode? The reason I ask is on my very first flight I took my 480 out of the box popped a battery in and went flying around a baseball diamond at a local park. (I did a compass cal first) Everything was great until i tried to land the drone next to me at home plate. I got the magnetic field warning, the lost compass warning and immediately the drone began to go around in circles as I continued to try and bring it down.....long story short it plowed into the fence. Ive since learned (100+ flights later) These drones dont like you to be to close to them (read the manual) especially in smart mode. Definetly not with Obstacle avoidance on! Nor do they care for my smart phone, ear buds, pocket knife, key fob etc to be on my person. They are also not what I'd call a good "urban drone" I fly in the country and its great but in the city even in a park Im always leary because if it flys away....it could be dangerous to somebody and certainly expensive for you! Certainly check your sw I'm sure if whoever had it before you were flying it that shouldnt be a problem. And certainly check the telematics in the st 16 to see if your sticks are doing what youre telling them to do (I learned that from this page) I own DJi drones to and theyre great but I dont get 1/10 the joy from flying them that i do when I launch my typhoon and the legs go up and all the kids go wow LOL P.S. practice practice practice hitting the calibration icon and switching off gps!!!! if you run into a situation where you lose compas lock the drone will become unresponsive and hard to control if its looking for gps. I hope some of this helped! How badly did you damage your bird?

In my opinion, the time necessary for the acquisition of the satellites in sufficient numbers to guarantee stabilization has not been respected: the fact that the "welcome pilot" message has come out does not mean that it he drone can takeoff immediately, but only that the minimum number of satellites has been acquired.
It is better to wait few minutes before flying the Typhoon H, normally 2 or 3 minutes, so that the satellites acquired by both the drone and the St16 are above 10, better 14 or more.

It is always better to check the distance and altitude of the drone on the ground from the telemetry before taking off, whether they are real.

In addition, the distance of 8 meters between pilot and drone at the time of take-off must be respected, as recommended in the user manual.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

You are not the first to experience the difference between DJI and Yuneec. Attached is the user enhanced manual for the Typhoon H. In it you will find that the blue flashing light means the aircraft is not properly bound to the ST16 ground station.

The aircraft is very repairable at reasonable expense as long as the CGO3+ is not damaged. Please expound on the condition of the system.

Here is a video to explain how to create a new model and bind to it.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33