Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

yuneec typhoon q500 control board

[QUOTE "I'm living in Australia[/QUOTE]
I marked you on my map in the center of Australia at some point, because I didn't know what city. that was good enough to understand timing of replies, but knowing your city would be good. What's the nearest city?

The board does not appear to have a lot of damage. Most times, this can be fixed by replacing the components circled in the pictures below. Parts can be ordered from China if you can't find them locally.

top.jpgBottom.jpg

It's not all "soldering iron" work. Some of it is going to require a Hot Air Rework Station. One of the local computer / electronics repair shop can probably do this work without much trouble.

I don't know shipping costs and shipping time to send it to me (East Coast USA), but that may be an option if you can't get it done locally.
I've seen brand new boards on eBay for as little as $60 during the last year. Used boards, or "parts only" Q500s show up sometimes .

Let me know if you need anything else.

I'm from Adelaide South Australia,do you have a link/details for these chinese companies.Would you know what the damaged parts are called?

You need:

One Mosfet: TPS 54328 DDAR SOP8
Two "power" Chips: MDU3603
These two are easiest. You can usually order them through online sites like eBay, Amazon or do a web search using the Id.

Three capacitors: These are 22 microfarad Tantalum SMD capacitors. Capacitor code is 226D, The needed case size is 3.5mm x 2.8mm x 2mm. The attached eBay link MAY be the right capacitors, but it does not list the case dimensions. The 226D comes in a variety of sizes, all of which look the same in the pictures. Best to contact the seller to confirm case size before purchase.

This is awesome info,thanks a million,I really want to get this bird going.You've obviously been into drones for a while with all this knowledge you have.How many do you have and how do you rate yuneec?

Way to many. I have six from the Q500 series, two Chromas, three Breezes, a couple 200Qx, about forty from the 350QX series, and a few odd critters that just kinda showed up.

I never had anything other than Yuneec, so any comparison by me would just be "hearsay". But I enjoy the Yuneec models I have, and that's what counts. Just need to get into something more current one of these days.

Reactions: Chris Koch
You need:

These two are easiest. You can usually order them through online sites like eBay, Amazon or do a web search using the Id.

Three capacitors: These are 22 microfarad Tantalum SMD capacitors. Capacitor code is 226D, The needed case size is 3.5mm x 2.8mm x 2mm. The attached eBay link MAY be the right capacitors, but it does not list the case dimensions. The 226D comes in a variety of sizes, all of which look the same in the pictures. Best to contact the seller to confirm case size before purchase. I've found these

H
You need:

Three capacitors: These are 22 microfarad Tantalum SMD capacitors. Capacitor code is 226D, The needed case size is 3.5mm x 2.8mm x 2mm. The attached eBay link MAY be the right capacitors, but it does not list the case dimensions. The 226D comes in a variety of sizes, all of which look the same in the pictures. Best to contact the seller to confirm case size before purchase.
Here's what I've found,sent the dealer a message on capacitor size? Do they look like the right parts/have the right specs etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190407-190346_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190407-190346_Chrome.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20190407-190330_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190407-190330_Chrome.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20190407-190252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190407-190252_Chrome.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 9
Yes, other than the case size question you are addressing with the seller. There is a pretty fair chance that replacing these items will get the board back in service.

Do you have access to the tools needed to replace these? Or maybe a local computer repair shop that can help?

[QUOTE="Michael is yuneec, post: 182125, member: 20257"]
[/QUOTE]
Micheal try going
RS Components with WTF info on the bits, RS should have them and there should be a store in SA and they would probably know who / where could do the work.

Yes, other than the case size question you are addressing with the seller. There is a pretty fair chance that replacing these items will get the board back in service.

Do you have access to the tools needed to replace these? Or maybe a local computer repair shop that can help?
Hi,I've spoken to an electronics company who can do the job,just need to take it in an get quote.Shouldnt be to much of a problem.Gotta thank you again,this board and the cost was the difference between keeping the drone or not.

I hope all goes well, and that you get back into the air soon. I'll be here if you need me.
Tom Baumgardner
(WTFDproject)
Hi,not having much luck trying to get someone to remove the 2 circuits.One guy today said could replace those parts and find something else is wrong.Looks like I might as well go with a new one.

Keep the old one for spare parts if its practical. You may get into it deep enough to start doing that sort of thing, and the board will still have many good bits and pieces on it.

[QUOTE "I'm living in Australia
I marked you on my map in the center of Australia at some point, because I didn't know what city. that was good enough to understand timing of replies, but knowing your city would be good. What's the nearest city?

The board does not appear to have a lot of damage. Most times, this can be fixed by replacing the components circled in the pictures below. Parts can be ordered from China if you can't find them locally.

View attachment 15690View attachment 15691

It's not all "soldering iron" work. Some of it is going to require a Hot Air Rework Station. One of the local computer / electronics repair shop can probably do this work without much trouble.

I don't know shipping costs and shipping time to send it to me (East Coast USA), but that may be an option if you can't get it done locally.
I've seen brand new boards on eBay for as little as $60 during the last year. Used boards, or "parts only" Q500s show up sometimes .

Let me know if you need anything else.
[/QUOTE]

just new here, was trying to revive a q500 when i plugged the power cord of the drone to the battery (in reverse polarity ) by mistake, and there was smoke. im looking at the pics and its most likely the same issue.
question: to whoever who started this thread, was it a reverse polarity issue as well that broke your drone's bird?
thanks as well for the links. will try to find someone who can fix the board

имате нужда от:

Един Mosfet: TPS 54328 DDAR SOP8
Два "мощни" чипа: MDU3603
Тези двете са най-лесни. Обикновено можете да ги поръчате чрез онлайн сайтове като eBay, Amazon или да направите търсене в мрежата с помощта на Id.

Три кондензатора: Това са 22 микрофарада танталови SMD кондензатори. Кодът на кондензатора е 226D, Необходимият размер на кутията е 3.5mm x 2.8mm x 2mm. Прикаченият линк към eBay МОЖЕ да е правилните кондензатори, но не изброява размерите на корпуса. 226D се предлага в различни размери, всички от които изглеждат еднакви на снимките. Най-добре е да се свържете с продавача, за да потвърдите размера на кутията преди покупка.
Изключително съм благодарен за тази информация!!!
След неправилно включване на батерията и аз имах този проблем.
Съживих полетния контролер с други методи, но след тази информация ще го върна както трябва.
Още веднъж - Благодаря ви много!!!

Reactions: WTFDproject
Изключително съм благодарен за тази информация!!!
След неправилно включване на батерията и аз имах този проблем.
Съживих полетния контролер с други методи, но след тази информация ще го върна както трябва.
Още веднъж - Благодаря ви много!!!
Translation...

I am extremely grateful for this information!!!
After improperly turning on the battery and I had this problem.
I've revived the flight controller with other methods, but after this information, I'il return it properly.
Thank you very much!!!

Thanks for the information. I had a crash with my Q500+ when flying in fog and -4 deg C. The propellers got iced end I got a sudden battery warning after a fem minutes of flying with a good battery. Before I was able to land the motors were shut off and the drone dropped from perhaps 2 m altitude with minor damage. The strange thing was that I wasn't able to shut down the drone ... navigation lights were on even if I shut it down from the main switch on the drone. I removed the battery.
Looking at the information above it looks like the two MDU3603 mosfets were shorted (always on). I measured the two mosfets and source and drain are shorted together which explains that the lights still get power even with power switched off.
I ordered the mosfets and feel fairly confident that I will be able to replace the faulty components.
My feeling is that the root cause of the crash was ice on all propellers which caused a large extra load on the motors. Higher motor load means more current is drained from the battery which lowers the battery voltage. The drones battery supervision interpreted the motor overload as low battery and ultimately shut the motors off. I don't know if the mosfet failure is due to current overload or if the damage happened when the drone crashed.
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11