Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec US - anyone home?

Reaction score
I've been trying to purchase an H520/E90 combo from Yuneec's site since last week. Both online purchases went through only to be cancelled a few minutes later. I called the bank for my company card and they said the transactions were cancelled on Yuneec's end.

I've tried calling too. The main sales number has a message about being closed temporarily for a company event (same message since last week) and the main office number is disconnected.

I sent an email to their customer service but no reply so far.

Thoughts? Did they go under? Their customer service has been suboptimal in the past but at least they would eventually respond.

I've been trying to purchase an H520/E90 combo from Yuneec's site since last week. Both online purchases went through only to be cancelled a few minutes later. I called the bank for my company card and they said the transactions were cancelled on Yuneec's end.

I've tried calling too. The main sales number has a message about being closed temporarily for a company event (same message since last week) and the main office number is disconnected.

I sent an email to their customer service but no reply so far.

Thoughts? Did they go under? Their customer service has been suboptimal in the past but at least they would eventually respond.
Not a good sign. I know they have cut back on their CS staff. Other than that, all we can do is sit back and see what happens.

Grumpy, do you have confirmation of this, like a news article?

Steve, yes, TI is great. I've worked with them a lot. But if Yuneec is having issues and cannot be counted on, I'm not keen on investing more in their products. I like the 520 for inspection work, and we'll keep the 3 we already have, but we might have to start moving to the Inspire 2 or Mavic (bleh).

Grumpy, do you have confirmation of this, like a news article?

Steve, yes, TI is great. I've worked with them a lot. But if Yuneec is having issues and cannot be counted on, I'm not keen on investing more in their products. I like the 520 for inspection work, and we'll keep the 3 we already have, but we might have to start moving to the Inspire 2 or Mavic (bleh).
Yes, I had a conversation with one of their techs about a month or so ago. They stated they were reducing their tech and management staff. This has also been posted here on the forum also. Might be restructuring, or not, don't know. All that I can say is, it sucks.

Reactions: Docdor
Strange why the different Yuneec offices vary so drastically, here in UK phone calls picked up very quickly, very knowledgeable, emails answered very quickly, and outside of normal working hours if an emergency, I would of thought US would be on top form

Reactions: Steve Carr
I would of thought US would be on top form
Puzzling indeed. I suspect it makes a difference if management and staff actually flies and knows the product. While it may not be a requirement it does make a difference in attitude and passion brought to the business environment.

Puzzling indeed. I suspect it makes a difference if management and staff actually flies and knows the product. While it may not be a requirement it does make a difference in attitude and passion brought to the business environment.
Bit like working as a car salesman, you can become detached from what your selling, you don't care anymore.

Strange why the different Yuneec offices vary so drastically, here in UK phone calls picked up very quickly, very knowledgeable, emails answered very quickly, and outside of normal working hours if an emergency, I would of thought US would be on top form
I phoned Yuneec UK about a week or so ago and they answered the phone within seconds!

At the very least they should be up front and honest with anyone that invested a dime with them.. not keep them wondering. Anyone that has made a purchase with Yuneec has at least their e-mail address on file besides at least one good phone number. It really wouldn’t take much effort on their part to let us know what is happening albeit temporary or permanent

Reactions: KellyR
I suspect that the Royals and Parliament are not mucking about in the egg drop soup, whereas the same cannot be said for the Pres and Congress.

Plus running sales and support in California is getting prohibitively expensive. The IT company my son works for is reducing its staff there for that very reason.

At the very least they should be up front and honest with anyone that invested a dime with them.. not keep them wondering. Anyone that has made a purchase with Yuneec has at least their e-mail address on file besides at least one good phone number. It really wouldn’t take much effort on their part to let us know what is happening albeit temporary or permanent
They've been up front. They have said H520 back in stock soon, a few parts on backorder and batteries on next shipment, (I bought 3 2018 batteries in April) that's probably all they know, the Typhoon h Advanced and Pro versions still available on Yuneec UK site, so it's business as usual as far as they're concerned. All we can do is fly and not worry too much.

Plus running sales and support in California is getting prohibitively expensive. The IT company my son works for is reducing its staff there for that very reason.

California is doing an exemplary job of driving the middle class, affluent, and small to medium businesses out of California. Their latest plan is to tax people without health insurance to pay for illegals to obtain health insurance. The logic is beyond asinine.

I finally got an email from customer service...4 days after emailing them. They told me that my online purchases had been cancelled either because my billing address was wrong (it wasn't wrong) or my shipping and billing addresses didn't match. That's true they didn't match but we don't get mail at the billing, we use a POBox. This wasnt an issue when I bought two other Yuneecs last year.

Too late, I already bought an Inspire 2.

I finally got an email from customer service...4 days after emailing them. They told me that my online purchases had been cancelled either because my billing address was wrong (it wasn't wrong) or my shipping and billing addresses didn't match. That's true they didn't match but we don't get mail at the billing, we use a POBox. This wasnt an issue when I bought two other Yuneecs last year.

You gotta do what’s best for you.
Something is going on though in the U.S. because if you look on LinkedIn at the company page and look at “employees at Yuneec USA”, several people have left the company in the past couple months and haven’t been replaced...we shall see...

• Wow

Yeah shipping and billing address not matching doesn't make sense, they have never been required to match for anything I've ever purchased online. The billing address only needs to match the address on file with the credit card used, but that's on the bank side, not the retailer. Eh, doesn't matter. You got a good alternative.

BTW, I wish Yuneec would come out with a camera with a mechanical shutter too. H520/E90 is a good combo but would be even better with a mechanical shutter.

I too had a purchase cancelled because the shipping address and the billing address weren't the same. I did get a reason from CS who said its an automated program for credit cards that is "out of their control". However, I then used their other option, Paypal and it went through fine.

Reactions: Truely Yuneec
I too had a purchase cancelled because the shipping address and the billing address weren't the same. I did get a reason from CS who said its an automated program for credit cards that is "out of their control". However, I then used their other option, Paypal and it went through fine.
Always try to use PayPal personally, don't like other websites knowing my details. Never had a problem buying from Yuneec that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval