Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec US Customer Service

Reaction score
I haven't logged on for a while and must be out of touch.
I just logged onto www.Yuneec.com and went to the product Typhoon H download page and was surprised to find downloads for Europe only on the page. What happened to the US download page?

Thank you, I did try it again and found it ok. I was able to confirm that I do have the latest updates installed. Now I have to find a forum where I can ask questions about a video camera issue. During the flight it looks like I'm recording a video and when trying to look at the file on my pc it shows there is a file there but when I try to open it I get the dreaded white text on the blue screen and a shutdown of the pc. I have many videos taken with the camera but nothing as of late. Tried 2 different pc's with the same result. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Are you physically stopping a video after starting one? If not the files are open and incomplete and a computer may balk trying to find data that is not present.

Have you checked the capability of each of the computers you are trying the card in? If they are old computers and unable to play 1080 or 4k video due to slow and low memory graphics cards they can lock up. Modern video requires modern play back equipment. When too much data is rammed through a slow processor. If pumping video to a monitor, is the monitor capable of displaying HD video?

Do the computers have the correct codecs to play the video or a program that is designed to play back SHD and UHD video? If not they could lock up.

Have you formatted the SD card to FAT32 or exFAT32?

Do you happen to have program files on the SD card that is being selected for play back in error?

Have you tried inserting the card in the ST-16 to play back the video in Pad mode? If so, what happened?

Consider that with all the Typhoon H's out there you are the only one that has ever reported a problem like this that I'm aware of. It is of course remotely possible you have a defective camera.

Reactions: Subtle Shots
Thanks PatR, I appreciate your input with this video problem. You ask some very good questions based on the little info I gave you to work with. Here's what really puzzles me.
1. I've had my 2 Hs since they first came out here in USA. During that time I've shot and downloaded many video clips onto this pc without a problem. I've actually done it 2 different ways; by either inserting the SD card (with the video on it) into the pc and watched it from the card or by downloading the video into an existing file already on my pc and then watched it from there. In both cases, when viewing the videos I go to the actual video file on the card or in the file and click on it to open and watch it and I've done the same process for ever without the problem. Both pcs always have used MS Windows Media Player as the base program for playing video etc.
2. I have 2 "Hs" and 2 "identical cameras. Both have been used to shoot videos that fail to play. Both cameras were used to shoot these videos and this problem occurred after I updated both cameras with the same downloaded firmware/software file from Yuneec.com. I'm not good with pc technology and downloading files used to update my Hs. I did have some problems with the download and had to do some of it using my home WiFi link. That said, I have used the Hs and recorded photos and both flew and functioned as they should have since I updated the programs. I wish I had more confidence in my abilities when it comes to downloading files like the updates for software from an outside source like Yuneec. I did as they said to do but when I tried using the downloaded files in my "H" equipment to do the update it told me no files present and to use my own wifi link to access them online. Yikes, what did I do wrong.
3. I have not tried to play the videos on my ST16s yet, but I will today just to get that data point. That will be interesting.
4. I tried using 2 different pcs to view the video with the same result. I've been using the same SD cards forever and never had to reformat them. Always used the right out of the box.
5. What scares me is - I used the same "downloaded files to update both H systems, one after the other and the problem happened after I did both systems. Maybe I got 90% downloaded right and 10 failed and that's the video.

If I did do something wrong is there a way for me to get the downloads from a different source and use them to overwrite what I have now and possibly correct the problem???

OK enough. Let me go plug the SD cards into my ST16 and see what I get there. Little trial and error here. I've not used the ST16 for playing videos yet but I'll figure it out.

Again
Thank for all your help. If you have any more ideas please don't hesitate.

Well a piece of the puzzle falls into place thanks to you. The videos did play in both of my ST16s. They jumped all over the place but they did play. Trouble is "I" don't know what that tells me except that the cameras and downloads are working. Each of my St16s had photos and videos IN them along with the videos I had on the SD card. Don't know why how how they got their but they were there. What happens when one doesn't quite know what he's doing. Love to hear your thoughts on where that all leaves me. Maybe I need to empty my SD cards of all the files that are there. I do have a 64 GB card that has the download files on it that I also use for storing my photos and videos when I shoot. Richard

Today I started fresh to see if I/we can figure out why my (2) PCs crash to the dreaded white text on blue background screen whenever I try to view a video shot on my Typhoon H in mp4 format. Yesterday we confirmed that the video images are on my Micro SD card because I viewed them on my ST16 using File manager in my Pad on my ST16. I could view both my jpeg and mp4 images on my SD card.
Today I restarted my pc, cleaned all of the images and files off my Micro SD and shot both still and video using my "H". Put the sd card into the 16 and confirmed they were there. Put them into my card reader on my pc and was able to view my jpeg stills but not the mp4 videos using Windows Media Center (which I've used many times before.) I could see the file there on my screen (rectangular box with mp4 written in the center)
I feel I have ruled out any problem with the UAV system because I can see all images on the card using the pad section and the file manger. That leaves the pc. There nothing has appeared to have changed. I have dozens of mp4 video on my pc that I've shot before and they play just fine. I don't know what to do from here. I even switch default software to VLC to see if it would play the video and it did not. Anyone with any thoughts on what I should try to correct the problem would be welcome. Thanks

Droneman,

Do you still have one of the original SD cards that came with your H's? They are 16g cards and important to the firmware update process. More on this after your reply.

Today I started fresh to see if I/we can figure out why my (2) PCs crash to the dreaded white text on blue background screen whenever I try to view a video shot on my Typhoon H in mp4 format. Yesterday we confirmed that the video images are on my Micro SD card because I viewed them on my ST16 using File manager in my Pad on my ST16. I could view both my jpeg and mp4 images on my SD card.
Today I restarted my pc, cleaned all of the images and files off my Micro SD and shot both still and video using my "H". Put the sd card into the 16 and confirmed they were there. Put them into my card reader on my pc and was able to view my jpeg stills but not the mp4 videos using Windows Media Center (which I've used many times before.) I could see the file there on my screen (rectangular box with mp4 written in the center)
I feel I have ruled out any problem with the UAV system because I can see all images on the card using the pad section and the file manger. That leaves the pc. There nothing has appeared to have changed. I have dozens of mp4 video on my pc that I've shot before and they play just fine. I don't know what to do from here. I even switch default software to VLC to see if it would play the video and it did not. Anyone with any thoughts on what I should try to correct the problem would be welcome. Thanks
Just getting caught up. I've been down and out for a while. Being 78 isn't easy some days.
Here's what I've just done, following some of your suggestions.
1. Tried 3 different readers in different ports and they all come back with a crash report when trying to play my video.
2. Took my wifes new Samsung tablet and recorded an mp4 video with her Micro SD card just fine. Replaced her card with mine and tried to play my video and it came back with a message " could not play this video file due to wrong codex - even thought it "shows mp4 file" So this could be telling us something, I just don't know what or how to fix it. I'm grasping at straws now but Is it possible that I am capturing images that are to large to handle? I'm shooting video at 1920 x 1080 @ 30 frames? Ok that's where I am as of know. Please keep your suggestions coming. I'm in deep trouble.

Droneman,

Do you still have one of the original SD cards that came with your H's? They are 16g cards and important to the firmware update process. More on this after your reply.
Unfortunately I do not. Is there any way we can recreate one?

Yes, just obtain a 16 gig class 4 or better card. The reason for keeping one around is for firmware updates. The -16 does not like high capacity cards. If you use a card for updates, make sure only the update for the particular device is on the card.

As for the codec, go online and update codecs. They are generally free. If you shoot DNG download the Adobe DNG codec. Without checking I think the H uses h264/MP4 formatting.

Yes, just obtain a 16 gig class 4 or better card. The reason for keeping one around is for firmware updates. The -16 does not like high capacity cards. If you use a card for updates, make sure only the update for the particular device is on the card.

As for the codec, go online and update codecs. They are generally free. If you shoot DNG download the Adobe DNG codec. Without checking I think the H uses h264/MP4 formatting.
Just to close this thread out and thank all who helped. I called in my expert pc guy who told me several important things.
1. Turns out that my pc is "maxed out in size, speed, video and overall capability. It's a Dell that is 9 years old. Ordering new components.
2. Windows Media Center was part of the problem also. He switched me to several alternative video programs and I find that Microsoft Movie Maker runs the videos perfectly even on a maxed out pc.

Thanks to everyone who helped here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz