Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec USA Inc to lay off staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their warehouse in Ontario, CA is enormous. The receptionist and all the techs I've met are great people and have taken time to talk to me and answer any questions I've had, even when I could see they were busy. I'm hoping for the best for all of them.

Yuneec USA may well be laying off people but some searches reveal identical tag lines and detail, no one is reporting any additional detail. Every link about this is identical. Of those sources mostly drone sites and some tech rags. Financial sites, like Forbes or other financial links from major publishers are suspiciously quiet. Hmmm......

Yuneec USA may well be laying off people but some searches reveal identical tag lines and detail, no one is reporting any additional detail. Every link about this is identical. Of those sources mostly drone sites and some tech rags. Financial sites, like Forbes or other financial links from major publishers are suspiciously quiet. Hmmm......

agreed . may be just another ploy of the drone industry to Hurt Yuneec by sending everyone out selling there equipment
thus hurting the value of the product .

until its on Financial sites i would not put much faith in it .

Reactions: drone flyer
agreed . may be just another ploy of the drone industry to Hurt Yuneec by sending everyone out selling there equipment
thus hurting the value of the product .

until its on Financial sites i would not put much faith in it .

Excellent point. Thank you.

I also agree with you. After I read that, which gave no corroboration, I checked my various sources of drone news and found zilch.:rolleyes:

A few days should sort it out. I can say that one is surely gone; there may be more. My go-to tech sources are still onboard, lol...:cool:

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
Another case of a reporting of "alternative facts" perhaps.. I posted a question this afternoon to their customer service and had a response within an hour....

I am hearing that all drone sales are flat right now and being a niche market I'm pretty sure we're near or nearing saturation. From what I've also heard, Yuneec sales are pretty flat right now which seems to be following the overall trend in the market place, not great but not bad either. It means they're holding their own. Obviously that could change but from what I saw, CES just rehashed the prior year. Kind of a dud.

I'm not to concerned by flat sales. I think to expect year after year growth in a niche market is pretty optimistic. I'm not sure what Yuneec's annual revenue is but whatever it is, maintaining it into the following year means sales of existing products are continuing. In addition there will be new sales from the H520 and the H920 Plus. Given it's a flat year overall for the industry, Yuneec may end this year looking pretty good.

Intel in 2015 obviously felt strongly enough in Yuneec to invest seed capital.

I would have guessed the drone market was increasing. I've never seen so many different drones by so many companies. Also the number of drone users seems to be increasing.

The Intel angle is very telling indeed, especially considering their recent purchase of

MobileMe for $15.3B.. It appears the skies the limit or should I say the roads the limit. All part of their plan to prove a new technology. If it can work for drones..... Interesting angle though for Yuneec

Folks, I was a print newspaper journalist for more than 20 years. I got into the business before the talking heads on TV took over the news market and eventually tolled the death knell for newspapers and REAL news; right before the internet was turned on and began to churn out and "create" its own news; and when newspapers were still the voice of "the little man" and the last place for him to turn to when seeking fairplay, social equality, and justice. I loved and honored my then-noble profession and was a big supporter of it, that is until the trend for putting a spin on the news began, profits from advertisers became a higher priority than landing that big news scoop ever was, and journalists and writers everywhere became either pimps or whores...professionally speaking.

Nowadays when it comes to news reports - especially unattributed news reports such as this one is - you have NO reason to put any stock or faith into it whatsoever. To quote dead-before-his-time alternative rocker Lou Reed from his great song about this once great nation 'Last Great American Whale,' "Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

Unfortunately that is a truism these days, which is the major reason I walked away from a career and profession I DID respect and care deeply about one day, when I could no longer stand what I saw taking place in newsrooms, big and small. Doesn't matter if it's the New York Times - where I worked for a spell - or your local community newspaper any more. It's all about money these days, not journalism, ethics or integrity. Biasaes are now built-in. The Big People's fingers are in every pie these days. Good, reputable journalists and writers you can trust and rely on are more rare to find than an honest politician. Online writers are the absolute worst.

I read most news accounts these days with a big bag of salt next to myself, two bags if it comes from TV or the internet. And I take none of it seriously. These days require the average American to have to actually get up off of their butts and work at being truthfully and accurately well informed. It is not going to be just lying there on your doorstep in the morning waiting for you any more, or magically queued up ready to go every time you boot up your laptop or tablet. If you accept the tasteless pablum that is fed to you through today's modern news sources, then you are just the kind of mark they are writing for.

I am from Europe but sure it is not good to hear such news. But then if we look back at CES time, they announced some info how support for the USA will be changing. First of all you got now year warranty and as I understand support is streched to afterhours.
Further more, they announced service centers accros country, and as I understand this service centers will be provided by authorized dealers. So IF they cut back manpower in their HQ, this is maybe because they don't need so many people in HQ as support will be now franchized.
Sure, it will be good that we hear official word from Yuneec.

Apparently the official statement from Yuneec is "We concluded that we upsized operations faster than our growth required."

That's fair enough, there was a lot of hype over drones last year and an enormous number of launches. This year people are getting on with business, and we've not seen a new machine this quarter.

It's not a nice position to be in, and I'm sorry for those laid off. However, I understand that Yuneec has always been run to be a profitable company (unlike some of the others that have exploded onto the scene and then collapsed), and there are quite a few products in the pipeline that are going to please professional users. This year is going to be one of consolidation - moving away from all the hype and towards using drones to do useful work and providing real value (and great videos!).

So Yuneec as a company is going to be around for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace