Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec USA

With Yuneec pretty much dropping out of the US market is this forum going to be the old farts with old toys forum?
Pretty sure the world does not revolve around the US or it's market. But the Yuneec US market is already a mature market, as it is in other countries. There are not so many of the younger generation that purchase Yuneec, they opt for the DJI brand. DJI is like finding a stick, picking it up and playing with it, while Yuneec is more like a fighter jet. There is no way around it, you are going to have to read the manual and learn how to operate it. The ongoing issue with Yuneec is that they don't share their vision with anyone, so we never know what to expect. I find you can either accept the way they are and move forward with their product, or take the other stance and always whine about them. Personally I just accept them for what they are and enjoy the product I have. But as to the forum, what leads you to believe that because Yuneec makes an adjustment, that a global forum YuneecPilots will become a dinosaur? Think of it this way.....RC flying has been around for a long time, basically flying the same type of craft for decades, and they are still here. Should things change that no one has parts for some Yuneec products, people will make their own and still fly and then talk even more about what and how they created it making the forum perhaps even more popular than it already is. As it is, there is already a ton of modded parts available due to 3D printing and aftermarket companies, you just have to be willing to spend the time searching, and not being lazy hoping someone else will always provide an answer.

Pretty sure the world does not revolve around the US or it's market. But the Yuneec US market is already a mature market, as it is in other countries. There are not so many of the younger generation that purchase Yuneec, they opt for the DJI brand. DJI is like finding a stick, picking it up and playing with it, while Yuneec is more like a fighter jet. There is no way around it, you are going to have to read the manual and learn how to operate it. The ongoing issue with Yuneec is that they don't share their vision with anyone, so we never know what to expect. I find you can either accept the way they are and move forward with their product, or take the other stance and always whine about them. Personally I just accept them for what they are and enjoy the product I have. But as to the forum, what leads you to believe that because Yuneec makes an adjustment, that a global forum YuneecPilots will become a dinosaur? Think of it this way.....RC flying has been around for a long time, basically flying the same type of craft for decades, and they are still here. Should things change that no one has parts for some Yuneec products, people will make their own and still fly and then talk even more about what and how they created it making the forum perhaps even more popular than it already is. As it is, there is already a ton of modded parts available due to 3D printing and aftermarket companies, you just have to be willing to spend the time searching, and not being lazy hoping someone else will always provide an answer.
Simply tongue and cheek

I pretty much agree with all that you are saying, but just with the "accept them as they are" i do not agree, i think its us as the user of this product who need to be critical about the product and ask the company to better the product if there is something we dont like or would like to improve. The way i see it, its like any other company.. if the customer does not ask of you to make your product better and is happy with anything you do, you dont alter or improve your product, that would just cost money.

Reactions: thoneter
I pretty much agree with all that you are saying, but just with the "accept them as they are" i do not agree, i think its us as the user of this product who need to be critical about the product and ask the company to better the product if there is something we dont like or would like to improve. The way i see it, its like any other company.. if the customer does not ask of you to make your product better and is happy with anything you do, you dont alter or improve your product, that would just cost money.
Unfortunately that is kicking a dead horse with Yuneec on the Typhoon H 480. Once a product is finished with them, they are done with us on the product as well.

. . . . i think its us as the user of this product who need to be critical about the product and ask the company to better the product if there is something we dont like or would like to improve.

We have (for three years) and they did very little. The free market is going to, or already has done, what it does best and the results are what we are seeing.

. . . . . I find you can either accept the way they are and move forward with their product, or take the other stance and always whine about them. Personally I just accept them for what they are and enjoy the product I have.

100% agree. The Typhoon series, given all it's faults and all of Yuneec's faults, is a stand out among the consumer drones that have existed up to this point. I am glad I came on board when I did.

It worked well, provided the best gimbal at the time and for some time going forward, and still works to this day. The only real down side was, and is, that it requires people spend a little time getting to understand it's systems. It wasn't designed to allow monkeys to operate it. Some intelligence is required.

Thanks to Yuneec I have been able to learn how to put together one of my two H + aircraft from the subframe out, finding parts is a challenge but the purpose this forum fills will become even more important going forward I own Mavic 2 pro and a Phantom 4 it’s like parking the mini van and throttling up the corvette not a huge fan of Yuneec and the strange way they do business but I love the aircraft and the forum it’s the best resource I have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me