Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Zero gravity harness

Reaction score
Anyone around using one of these with their controller?
Not many helpful reviews on it.
What is your experience?SmartSelect_20181225-170632_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

If the ST-16 was a lot larger and heavier I could justify something like that but it’s not very heavy or all that large so the existing neck strap works just fine for me. If I get tired I just plant my butt in a lawn chair and use the arms on the chair and my ample belly to support the ST-16. An added benefit is the chair has a cup holder for a beverage of choice and a smaller one for Scooby snacks.

Reactions: mastertek
Count me in as a Copperdawg owner.....soon. I ordered last week and Ty emailed me saying he’d ship right after Christmas. I should have mine pretty quick.

Ears perk up... Scooby Snacks? Sorry distracted there... TransTray +1

OK....I give up
WTF are Scooby snacks???, (said he while sipping on a cold ale while waiting for the evening news to start)

Scoobydo, the Great Dane in the comic strip of the same name, loved any kind of snack or treat he was given, so small snacks were dubbed Scooby snacks in some circles, with those participating in pot smoking activities more prone to using the term after they got the munchies.

Anyone around using one of these with their controller?
Not many helpful reviews on it.
What is your experience?

Yes I have one. It has some good points, and some bad ones. I also have a Copperdog tray that is vastly superior in nearly every way. I have used both quite a bit so I feel I can give you a fair and objective review.

Zero Gravity (ZG) vs Copperdog (CD)
The Ultimate Tray Shootout!

Construction of the two is very different. The quality of the ZG is that of fair to good consumer grade, using mediocre materials. The quality of the CD is commercial/military grade, using only top quality materials. No compromises. No comparison.

ZG harness uses a waist band which is the only thing I like better about it than the CD, it keeps the controller from swinging around when you need to bend over and use 2 hands. Although the waist band is one more thing to adjust and connect, making the CD easier to get on and wear.

The CD is vastly easier to mount an dismount from the controller. One clip and it's secured or freed, it doesn't rely on the tiny little loops on the ST16 face. A real PITA to connect to.

The ZG has no true retention system other than a pinch-friction fit clamp at the base of the ST16 for it to slide into. You can pinch this together for a tighter fit. However if you move in the wrong direction too quickly it can slide right out. It is still connected to the little loops so it doesn't fall, but it frees itself from the harness and swings around your neck until you re-position it the friction grip again.

The ZG is very comfortable to wear, but VERY complex to adjust to the sweet spot, takes a lot of fussing around to get all the different adjustments symmetrical for it to hang at the right height and the right angle. The CD only requires you to adjust the height, the angle is already perfect (for me).

The only attraction of the ZG is the price point. The ZG is about the half the price of the CD. However as soon as you hold a CD tray in your hands, you doubt the value of the ZG. As soon as you mount the ST16 and put it on, you know the CD is the ultimate tray and well worth the extra buck$.

I have not used my ZG since getting the CD. The ZG has been relegated to the 2nd ST16 I only use for Team Mode. I wear the CD and let the cameraman fuss with the finicky ZG.

If you really can't afford a Copperdog, the Zero Gravity is the next best alternative. However it trails the Copperdog by miles.

Disclaimer: I was not paid by Ty Pilot for this endorsement. ...I was threatened!;)

Last edited:
Just so there is no confusion. I made the Tray a while back as it was something that I missed from my RC days. When others wanted it I had to put it on the Copperdawg Website in order to keep track of orders and so forth. Because my primary business (Copperdawg) is motorcycle related, I have not put hyperlinks throughout the site so that is why you have to use the link as given above.

And thank you everyone for the nice words, I am truly humbled by your support.

Pat

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Just so there is no confusion. I made the Tray a while back as it was something that I missed from my RC days. When others wanted it I had to put it on the Copperdawg Website in order to keep track of orders and so forth. Because my primary business (Copperdawg) is motorcycle related, I have not put hyperlinks throughout the site so that is why you have to use the link as given above.

And thank you everyone for the nice words, I am truly humbled by your support.

Pat
Are taxes and import duties added at the checkout when paying by PayPal?

Shipping is added at checkout when you put in your country or US Zip code. No tax in the US if your out of state. However, duties and taxes from various countries are not added. If you are outside the US, you will need to clear that upon arrival. I have sent many to the UK perhaps anyone from there who has one can tell you the details.

Reactions: NDJollyMon
Yes I have one. It has some good points, and some bad ones. I also have a Copperdog tray that is vastly superior in nearly every way. I have used both quite a bit so I feel I can give you a fair and objective review.

Zero Gravity (ZG) vs Copperdog (CD)
The Ultimate Tray Shootout!

Construction of the two is very different. The quality of the ZG is that of fair to good consumer grade, using mediocre materials. The quality of the CD is commercial/military grade, using only top quality materials. No compromises. No comparison.

ZG harness uses a waist band which is the only thing I like better about it than the CD, it keeps the controller from swinging around when you need to bend over and use 2 hands. Although the waist band is one more thing to adjust and connect, making the CD easier to get on and wear.

The CD is vastly easier to mount an dismount from the controller. One clip and it's secured or freed, it doesn't rely on the tiny little loops on the ST16 face. A real PITA to connect to.

The ZG has no true retention system other than a pinch-friction fit clamp at the base of the ST16 for it to slide into. You can pinch this together for a tighter fit. However if you move in the wrong direction too quickly it can slide right out. It is still connected to the little loops so it doesn't fall, but it frees itself from the harness and swings around your neck until you re-position it the friction grip again.

The ZG is very comfortable to wear, but VERY complex to adjust to the sweet spot, takes a lot of fussing around to get all the different adjustments symmetrical for it to hang at the right height and the right angle. The CD only requires you to adjust the height, the angle is already perfect (for me).

The only attraction of the ZG is the price point. The ZG is about the half the price of the CD. However as soon as you hold a CD tray in your hands, you doubt the value of the ZG. As soon as you mount the ST16 and put it on, you know the CD is the ultimate tray and well worth the extra buck$.

I have not used my ZG since getting the CD. The ZG has been relegated to the 2nd ST16 I only use for Team Mode. I wear the CD and let the cameraman fuss with the finicky ZG.

If you really can't afford a Copperdog, the Zero Gravity is the next best alternative. However it trails the Copperdog by miles.

Disclaimer: I was not paid by Ty Pilot for this endorsement. ...I was threatened!;)
Thank you so much, exactly the information I was looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio