Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Zoom E90

Reaction score
Hello everybody!! I have a starter question how can I make zoom in the camera from the st16s?? Thanks a lot!!!

You can't..
After you have taken the photo you can zoom crop it
But that's all.
Or use an E50 lens. Approx 2-3x fixed zoom

Reactions: Nickannius
Hi All, Just reading this with a lot of interest, now the E50 is a fixed focal length Zoom. Using Zoom as a catchphrase to all with an H either 520 with a possible update to a 480 and a huge price to go with it, I feel that we are being taken for MUGS. I am going along the line of PatR and seriously look at the H920 with a real ZOOM camera. Or endeavour to do a hack with a, SHALL I USE THOSE THREE LETTERS, DJI ZOOM CAMERA OFF AN INSPIRE. There has to be a way to get a camera that is an ACTUAL ZOOM CAMERA. I will keep looking for a solution and eagerly await TUNAS NEW EDITION with WAYPOINTS and GRIDS. Then you will have a proven machine in the H 480 and all of its tried and true software ETC. I am expecting my PIXAERO 8mm lens in the coming weeks and have picked up another CGO3+ for it to be fitted up to, this will hopefully make our inspection work easier and safer to complete. THAT WAS MY TWO BOBS WORTH AS THEY SAY IN AUSTRALIA. John Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: bobbyrichter
All i can say is if the 520 does not meet your expectations and you need a truly professional rig but refuse DJI, the 920 may well fit your needs. It’s not set up for photogrammetry but does employ waypoint operation with flight planning done on the ST16 screen, it downloads maps, has a very broad range of camera settings using a 1” sensor, 16mpxl, 100mbps converted GH4 fitted with a 14-42mm lens. You can obtain and use superior Zuiko fixed focal length lenses in 14 and 40mm or a superior Zuiko 14-42mm to further improve image quality. It does not fly fast but it does fly very smooth and is extremely stable. You can also use existing H-480 cameras with it. The 920 also has all of the same functions as the H-480, including team mode, when using a CGO-3. Team mode is not available with the CGO-4. You also automatically get a very good transport case and a great hand gimbal for the CGO-4 when you buy a plus package, which is in the same price range as a 520. It is large though.

You don’t have to go with DJI to get a pro level rig, but you do have to know what you need or want. The 920 is not the “latest and greatest”, it’s tried and tested, and works very well. Understand that what it has and does is all it will ever have and do unless you elect to make changes to it later. However, any update that is later applicable to the ST-16 used with the H-480 will apply to the ST-16 used with the 920+. It’s the same controller. If they update H-480 cameras you can update them with an H-480 and use the new functionality when the CGO-3 or ET is fitted to a 920.

I have a thread running about my experiences with the 920 in the Tornado forum if anybody desires to read it. The worst thing I can say about the 920 is that it has a Smart mode, something not necessary on a pro level rig.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430