Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The installation was easy and the altitude value in the GUI is now working. The altitude at start is set to 0 when you start the motors. I limited to 25 m and it works perfect. There is no chance to move one cm higher.

What say? Are you making a joke? Kindly explain, I'm ignorant on this one cm stuff.

You may have mentioned this in an earlier post but did you clear the flight data after your firmware update? If you don't it will keep your previous settings.
Thanks for that but I followed very carefully the deleting of the previous flight data. However it might be worth doing it again at some time. As of yet nobody has posted a definite example of the 122 metre height being broken. Then again if they have done it, probably best to keep it quiet. Too many people zooming up to1000ft might not be such a good idea.

Reactions: AZSteveB
Has anyone noticed compass errors reported using UAVTool Box that do not show up on the ST-16? I have 2 Hs and both are showing compass errors. I have done several compass calibrations and they both fly outstanding. This is with the new software. Don't know if it's the software or UAVTool Box.

I hypothesized earlier that they have changed compass error reporting. It's not a problem. Not every warning is a problem. I have never ever looked at a log because it's overly informative and causes too much worrying about things that don't matter. I equate it to error correction in digital media. Just because it made an error, does not mean you were on the edge of disaster. I believe you will always find a few have happened on every flight. Now, the new firmware is allowing an error followed by non error as not worthy of a warning so they have changed how it reports during flight to keep you flying and not panicking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm a brand new, literally just purchased my Typhoon 2 hours ago, user. I have flown many quads and hexacopters, build quite a few as well, but this is my first Yuneec. The first thing I always do is check the latest firmware. Mine is on 3.01.b27. When I learned the update came out just now, I became a bit concerned.

Should I update my Typhoon? Do Yuneec upgrades typically go well?

They can go well, but if you do it wrong you'll brick your H. Follow their instructions to the T and all should go well. I have the firmware version .B27 and it's working fine. B23 was the firmware to watch out for if you have Realsense.

Thanks for that but I followed very carefully the deleting of the previous flight data. However it might be worth doing it again at some time. As of yet nobody has posted a definite example of the 122 metre height being broken. Then again if they have done it, probably best to keep it quiet. Too many people zooming up to1000ft might not be such a good idea.
Max altitude of 171m on my test flight yesterday.

Hi!

Update done, EU version. Test flight ok. Height limit not tested yet.

Edit: Height limit set to 150m.

Best regards.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is some confusion here. Are you expecting to change the maximum flight altitude through the ST16? When people refer to "GUI", they don't mean the Flight Controller on the ST16, but a program called "GUI" that runs on Windows. The altitude that is settable on the ST16 is merely the minimum Return To Home altitude, to which the TH will climb if it is below that altitude when RTH is initiated -- this is not the same as the maximum flight altitude to which the TH will climb.

Bit the bullet and updated via OTA went through OK BUT now unable to raise undercarriage. Anyone got any clues, I recall this happening to someone prior to this update.

Bit the bullet and updated via OTA went through OK BUT now unable to raise undercarriage. Anyone got any clues, I recall this happening to someone prior to this update.

Take the camera off and hold the H upside down and flip the gear switch. Does it go up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With this firmware installed and the alt limit set, I flew to about 250 meters or just over 800'. Why would I want to keep it quiet? I set the max at 400 meters. The FAA guideline is a max of 400' AGL. At 800' on the ST16 I was at 200' AGL. If you fly in the flatlands you can set it at 122 meters. If you fly where I fly even 400 meters can be too low.

I had a similar experience after the previous update. Undercarriage would not raise after several attempts. I landed, rebooted the TH and flew again. This time the landing gear retracted as normal. And, this has not been a problem since. Go figure. BTW, I haven't updated to Feb. firmware yet. I'm planning to when the weather improves.

What say? Are you making a joke? Kindly explain, I'm ignorant on this one cm stuff.
I ment that the telemetry shows exactly 25m. If you try to steer higher you do not hear any sound changes. The copter stays at the 25m height. This means that it does exactly what I wanted with a tolerance of "1cm". Should say: "With no tolerance you can notice". If you ascend with the highest speed possible, the copter takes down the speed in a very harmonic way which also looks good on video.

Hey guys. Did the ota update. Everything went well. Flys great but now when i first connect to st16, i get a "failed to initialize camera" error in red at top of screen. Strange being camera view is already available. After about 15 seconds it switches to the default message, "welcome pilot". I am one of those fortunate people who have done every update thus far without a single issue. So i guess im overdue! LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jester
Great looking video!
You have a very well focused lens. Is it stock from factory?
Thank you. It's not the standard lens. Although my standard lens is nice and sharp, I don't like the 115 degree angle.
The lens is from GitUp and 3.87mm 90 degree 16mp and only cost $39.99!

Thank you. It's not the standard lens. Although my standard lens is nice and sharp, I don't like the 115 degree angle.
The lens is from GitUp and 3.87mm 90 degree 16mp and only cost $39.99!
Interesting, did you fit it yourself? I'm asking because I'm reluctant to do it myself as my hands have a tremor.

Interesting, did you fit it yourself? I'm asking because I'm reluctant to do it myself as my hands have a tremor.
Hi Graham
I did fit and focus it myself. It's a very delicate job as you have to dismantle the camera, remove ribbon cables etc, then remove the lens mount, that is glued and screwed in place. Unless you are comfortable taking the camera apart and have a steady hand, I would think twice before attempting it. Also getting the focus right is not the easiest job either.

Reactions: Graham
With this firmware installed and the alt limit set, I flew to about 250 meters or just over 800'. Why would I want to keep it quiet? I set the max at 400 meters. The FAA guideline is a max of 400' AGL. At 800' on the ST16 I was at 200' AGL. If you fly in the flatlands you can set it at 122 meters. If you fly where I fly even 400 meters can be too low.
Thanks for that . Proof the GUI settings can work. Perhaps I will give it another go. The reason for having a bit more height is that with the Peau 8.25 lens with a 41 degrees FOV fitted sometimes to get everything in is a bit difficult. Especially in plan view although I rarely use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin