Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens to me I'd say, on average, something like one in four flights. Usually within 20 to 30 seconds after take off but it usually reconnects within a short time. .

Do you have the 'standard' H - without the modded/upgraded antenna? Maybe that's why your video is dropping out so frequently?

Sorry as this isn't directly related to this thread.

Do you have the 'standard' H - without the modded/upgraded antenna? Maybe that's why your video is dropping out so frequently?

Sorry as this isn't directly related to this thread.
My H is Pro with RS and antennas on copter are outside. But I belive camera antenna is the problem and not those two antenna sticks.

And just to add that on my both flights when I landed I had problem turning down engines. I held down left stick but while motors slowed down they again powered up. Finally after left stick center and again down they slowed down so I was able to shut them off. Someone else reported this earlier I belive.

Last edited:
My H is Pro with RS and antennas on copter are outside. But I belive camera antenna is the problem and not those two antenna sticks.

Ah, yes - makes sense. Morning over here and I'm still waiting on my coffee hit to kick in.

As for the landing issue you mentioned, I've had this happen to me once and I believe it was my mistake as I didn't let the motors completely spin down before I let off on the throttle stick (mines on the right - mode 1). I was able to left off again and then landed correctly without doing any damage - except for raising my heart rate. It's a 'tricky' one and can catch you off guard. Not sure if this is the same scenario that you had?

I was pushing left stick down for like 10 seconds or so and motors power went up and down couple of times. Then I centered stick and push again down and it was fine then.

It happend at landing on both of my flights. It was weird, never had such situation before.

I get to do this again! Just purchased the H but had a bad USB connector on the transmitter. Exchanged it a BestBuy today. Take 2!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just looking at the poll numbers : less then 100 have upgraded?

How many TH's have been sold?

What percent to this forum?
- guess 5%

I was pushing left stick down for like 10 seconds or so and motors power went up and down couple of times. Then I centered stick and push again down and it was fine then.

It happend at landing on both of my flights. It was weird, never had such situation before.

As I said above, mine spun up after landing and toppled over breaking two props. I suspect the issue comes from the programmed very slow descent speed in tortoise and variations in data from the altimeter. After landing, if you release the descend stick, the Typhoon tries to hold altitude and perhaps variations in the altitude data makes it think its lower than it is and it spins up to hold position. The cure is to hold the descend stick down until the motors are cut. As hare allows a faster descent speed, I wonder if the Typhoon can be more firmly planted on the ground by switching from tortoise to hare after landing?

Hi!

Height limit tested(150m) and works ok. EU version.

Other thing I notice, on second test flight, takeoff was strange. I start on "rabbit" position and after jump off the ground
I can hear props sound changes. Like revs down little. More throttle I give at takeoff, more I can hear the change.
But, flyes great, holds position and so on...

Best regards.

Hi!

Height limit tested(150m) and works ok. EU version.

Other thing I notice, on second test flight, takeoff was strange. I start on "rabbit" position and after jump off the ground
I can hear props sound changes. Like revs down little. More throttle I give at takeoff, more I can hear the change.
But, flyes great, holds position and so on...

Best regards.

It seems to now want the lift off with more power momentarily and then relax back to normal. My guess is part of the landing change is also more power to get up quicker from prop wash and cross winds. I am already used to it now with 10 flights down with newest firmware and no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It might be my camera gimbal but the Gimbal Yaw seems less fluid, I.e. does not soak up any yaw movements of the H

After upgrading the firmware to the latest version on both st16 and H i noticed an orange flashing led on the main led and random warning messages like redo compass calibration. This is on the same location im usually fly so ive never experience those messages before the firmware update.i have the EU version of the firmware. Any body have this too?

After the problems getting the upgrade installed, finally got to try it out today. Didn't fly far or long, only 1 battery. But it felt great, seemed to be faster on the rabbit setting. Smoother response. Even tried a straight run at the fast speed and stopped very smooth. Please with the upgrade.

Did anyone notice a higher amount of added sharpness in "natural" camera mode (or even others) or is it only me?
The video image seems to be over detailed now and the codec has problems (again) to put all the (excessive detail) information of the 3840x2160p24/25/30 image into a 50 Mb/s stream. (Pulsating artefacts on large, even but detailed surfaces like e.g. meadows.)

I noticed today that after the update I have a half circle line with numbers in what appears to be m. (6m-8m and so on. Does anyone know what this is and how to remove it from the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig