Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2 controller for 1 H

Reaction score
does anyone know if this possible on a Typhoon H ?. When flying with the wizard stick , is it possible to take control over with my ST16 when something get to be wrong ? or even fly the H with 2 controllers ( DJI can do this ) . Such like a master and a slave controller. ex. someone learn to fly ( with slave ) and I take over ( with master ) when things seems to be wrong.
NOT 1 CONTROLLER TO FLY AND THE OTHER FOR VIDEO. But A REAL MASTER AND SLAVE TO FLY.....

I do not see where Yuneec allows this. Only one flight controller at a time and you cannot bounce back and forth between wizard and ST.

I do not see where Yuneec allows this. Only one flight controller at a time and you cannot bounce back and forth between wizard and ST.

Should do this in the next update. Then they can use the aux button as switch between master and slave controller

That’s funny. I don’t think the aux button will ever do anything. Plus it’d be more useful to the majority of pilots to have that be GPS enable/disable as there’s not much demand here for what your looking for. Team mode seems to satisfy most operators and I don’t think I’m looking to hand of piloting to my crew as that’s my work. What situation are you doing that needs this hand off? Traditional Radios have trainer mode but the radios are linked before flying so with that Android in there I’m not sure it’s even possible with their set up.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
That’s funny. I don’t think the aux button will ever do anything. Plus it’d be more useful to the majority of pilots to have that be GPS enable/disable as there’s not much demand here for what your looking for. Team mode seems to satisfy most operators and I don’t think I’m looking to hand of piloting to my crew as that’s my work. What situation are you doing that needs this hand off? Traditional Radios have trainer mode but the radios are linked before flying so with that Android in there I’m not sure it’s even possible with their set up.

I did my practice for RPAS my with a DJI.
When I learned to fly my mentor keep touch what I was doing. The moment it went wrong, he took the command over. They always use DJI models to learn flying drones because yuneec has no possibility to take over the command when a chrash is nearby.

Yup. The only way I know is to stand next to the student and be ready to grab the controller. I train by having a 480 that has no camera at first and walking the person through what to do once airborne. I will launch and set hover, then hand controller to student. I let them go up and down and do some simple yawing. It’s hard to start on the H as it’s behavior is in a word Yuneec. Adding the camera and all its controls is a lot for any rookie to drone flying. Don’t think it’s ever going to be an option mainly because of how the binding works.

Reactions: AH-1G
Yup. The only way I know is to stand next to the student and be ready to grab the controller. I train by having a 480 that has no camera at first and walking the person through what to do once airborne. I will launch and set hover, then hand controller to student. I let them go up and down and do some simple yawing. It’s hard to start on the H as it’s behavior is in a word Yuneec. Adding the camera and all its controls is a lot for any rookie to drone flying. Don’t think it’s ever going to be an option mainly because of how the binding works.
Same here CraigC, except when I train I fly first showing them the basic controls and I leave camera on, I always mention the #1 most important item when looking at display is the battery voltage.
From there learn the different functions as you progress flying the H.
Then a fresh new set of batteries, I will take off and hover about 20' gears down and the hand over the controller.
This also show them hands off, if in a panic mode they can let go of the controls and take a deep breath. I'll even let them land.

Two controller mode is called Team mode, where one controller handles the aircraft and the other handles the aircraft. The H does not have a “master/slave” dual controller option.

Same here CraigC, except when I train I fly first showing them the basic controls and I leave camera on, I always mention the #1 most important item when looking at display is the battery voltage.
From there learn the different functions as you progress flying the H.
Then a fresh new set of batteries, I will take off and hover about 20' gears down and the hand over the controller.
This also show them hands off, if in a panic mode they can let go of the controls and take a deep breath. I'll even let them land.

I really don't know how they do practice examination in the USA but here (in Belgium) we have to fly indoor in a small building without Gps. In an open area, with GPS you don't even has to look at your drone because 80% of the time it flies by themselves. otherwise in team mode when 1 person flies and the other control the camera,( indoor) how can you be sure that you don't hit a wall when the drone start yawing.

Sounds like Belgium is more concerned about making the examiners comfortable than testing applicant ability;). Keep the officials indoors, warm, dry, and out of the wind.

It would require a very large room for an examiner to determine how well an operator controlled their drone at average LOS distances.

Reactions: vpa
Sounds like Belgium is more concerned about making the examiners comfortable than testing applicant ability;). Keep the officials indoors, warm, dry, and out of the wind.

It would require a very large room for an examiner to determine how well an operator controlled their drone at average LOS distances.

Hi Pat. This is a strange evaluation of examitors. For me it's more important to control your drone in detail such like indoor with obstacles, walls and more in ATI mode. That's learn flying. Outdoor ok, but the only risk is an fly away. But then you can use the RTH. Maybe I have an other vision of flying a drone but that's good. For that reason we can talk on the forum. [emoji106]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nvjfirut