Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

4k camera settings

Discussion in 'Q500 Discussion' started by Mrdronenut, May 12, 2016.

1. Mrdronenut

May 1, 2016
    Hey ya'll. I'm not new to the quad world, but I'm very new to the photo taking world. I've had lots of other FPV quads, but I've just basically used the camera to see stuff from several hundred feet up. But since I've got this awesome Q500 4K, I'd really like to find the best settings to get the most out of it. I see everyone talking about this format and that format, and it's all Greek to me. Can someone please explain to me the best settings to use In say, normal conditions. And the best in overcast conditions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Ren57

Feb 7, 2016
    The camera takes a bit of getting used to. The big problems with the CGO3 3 are white balance and exposure. For the best results with this camera: 1. Fly to your chosen altitude, if you intend filming the ground point the camera at the ground and select one of the options. If it's bright sunny day then select the sunny option (or whatever option is relevant to the weather conditions that you're flying in) on the ST10+ then hit the lock option. This will lock the white balance. 2. lock the exposure by tapping the red button below the white balance. Then tap the big red button that has 'Auto' on it. It should change from Auto to 'M' the exposure is now locked. If you don't do this, as you fly around and turn towards the sun, your video will go dark and spoil the whole video. By locking the 'White Balance & Exposure it will be much better. Hope this helps!