Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

after a crash how to know which motor has a problem

Reaction score
Hello guys and Happy new Year

During a very bad landing (my fault ...), i damaged some arms and motors.
i fixed the arms pb (thanks to the cheap spare parts), but for the motors, they are all working, but I have always an alert that the drone will go on safety mode with 5 motors.

I tried with the GUI application and no info.
Before to contact Yuneec support, does smo has an idea how to see that ?

Thanks

Hello guys and Happy new Year

During a very bad landing (my fault ...), i damaged some arms and motors.
i fixed the arms pb (thanks to the cheap spare parts), but for the motors, they are all working, but I have always an alert that the drone will go on safety mode with 5 motors.

I tried with the GUI application and no info.
Before to contact Yuneec support, does smo has an idea how to see that ?

Thanks

You have a bad motor or possibly that motors ESC. If you damaged the motor, when not powered up and spun by hand, it will feel different than the others. It will be stiffer and rotate to a stop quicker. This can be easier to detect with blades mounted as you can develop a consistent velocity "slap" on the outer edge of prop to judge how well they freely spin. Be sure to spin them in their proper rotation of CW and CCW. The bad motor won't have the same motor "whir" sound as the others and you may detect a slight clank.

The fact that the H goes into 5 motor mode means the motor is not starting right and not trustworthy obviously. If you try it, and that motor can't decide what way to spin and then you get the warning then it's most likely the ESC. Do the sniff test all around the motor and the ESC board and see if you detect the acrid odor of burned electronics. The regulating IC chips can burn up in a crash when the struck motor abruptly stops.
The ESC failure can burn coils in motor also so you probably need a new motor no matter what.
That's one of the H advantage is the motors are quite reasonably priced and replacement looks pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello Craig,
Thanks for your advices !
I will try tonight once I'm at home.

Hello Craig,
Thanks for your advices !
I will try tonight once I'm at home.

I'm sure there is a tutorial on replacing both you can watch to further clarify how to repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi
In fact on the ST16, it shows which motor has a problem.
The icon on upper right corner.
But in my case it changes....
I will make a test with the propeller outside with the gps signal as maybe the orientation of the drone has an effect.

I made a test with the propeller, and didn't get any alert after changing two motors ....
I hope it will be okay like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy