Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Tags:
  1. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

Methodus, a member in Germany, posted in General Discussion that he developed an android app, Typhoon Camera, to control Yuneec cams, including CGO3. I know Flying Junkie is familiar with it, as he posted there.

I just tried it with my H Pro and my Note 4 phone. Started ST-16, then the Bird, once they were good to go, I started the App. It connected almost automatically, no p/w, phone just wanted to know if OK to switch from my Base Wi-Fi Router. Works great to start/stop the bird video recording. I did not try to set cam values.

Did not test range. No apparent interference from phone to ST-16 or bird, all were within 30' of each other.
    Good job, Methodus!

2. sdharris

What is the benefit over the CG03 app from Yuneec?

3. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

The CGO3 Android app does not work for me. May be good for others. Do you like it?

4. Wileytrigger21

U can zoom the video feed in @methodus app. He is also working on being able to time lapse, aeb and other things. I tried it out yesterday too. It froze a couple times when I zoomed but overall a pleasant experience.

5. KBflyer

It will be nice when he adds the photo mode, right now all you can do is take video. The other nice thing is you can set the sharpness through the APP. I am a beta tester for him. He does this in his spare time so updates are slow. I was pretty amazed he got it to connect to the Yuneec MK58 for the GoPro gimbal. Not even Yuneec has that working on a APP. :)
    Adding all the camera settings will be a challenge when he gets around to it but it should be a very nice app when he is done.

6. sdharris

There is certainly a market for AEB and time lapse once that it built into the app.

7. Ralphy

Have they pulled the official app form the play store. I can t find the one from yuneec.