Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another video “trick”

My understanding is if you don't have RS active and you turn on OBS then it is the front facing Sonar that keeps you from flying into a wall.
Ron: After reading the Manual I see that you turn on OA by positioning the swith to proper position, down. As far as I can read the only way that RS would NOT be active is if you select it off in settings or is there some other way?

Are you reading the manual from Yuneec? I've found that inadequate.

Read the TH manual (10-15) from here: Typhoon H manual - cleaned Up and updated (70pgs)

For OBS and RS check out pages 23 and 24.

AFAIK RS is only active if you've turned it on in "Settings". For me most of my confusion arose because of Yuneec's implementation of RS in their RS Module. The Intel RS piece is ONLY the front facing sensors from Intel. The Yuneec RS module contains those and two additional down facing Sonar sensors at the rear of the module.

OBS is turned on with the OBS AVOID 3 position switch in the full down position on the ST-16.

I have been using that same Manual you provided a link for. So with the RS turned on in settings it is active once I turn OBS on, swithch full down. Also I read where the landing gear mus st be up and the bird at least 10 AGL. The only way the bird will go around an obstacle is if you are in Smart mode or RTH. So sound like this mode was created for those that want the bird to follow them most likely using the Wizard. For my world of flying the Follow Me mode does not interest me but the ability of the drone to stop short of hitting something is a great safety feature as long as you don't mind going slow.
Is this making any sense?

Yes, it's not recommended to take off or land with OBS ON.

Yes, I think the most popular use for RS is in Smart Mode - Follow Me and Watch Me.

While I have RS on one TH480 my use of it has been limited. You've pretty much reached my limit of experience with RS. All I can suggest at this point is "Flight Modes" in the manual - pages 30 - 34 for additional info. With luck maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

My experience so far is OBS and RS don’t interact most of the time since RS only works in Smart mode. The down sensor part for the IPS seems to be on all the time (landing gear up) and needs light and patterns to work properly so it’s great outdoors. The RS learns obstacles so you have to train it on your desired follow path before you go charging in at full speed. The difference is with RS working (smart mode) the H should go around the obstacle and not just stop but not sure what it’d do when confronted with a mountain side. The main benefit I can see is it holds position better and tracks better in smart mode with a RS module.

Thanks guys for your input without which I would probably already have augured in! Tip of my hat to Steve Carr also who has helped me make the transition from knowing nothing about Drones to knowing something. I remain a student of you all!

How do you like the Avegant goggles? Been debating buying a pair. Does head tracking for the camera work on the H?

I really like them, but one issue with them regarding fit. Will update a thread I started about 3 weeks ago regarding them this weekend. I do not use head tracking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airconditionerservice