Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any one flown through Metal canopy?

Reaction score
Has any one flown through a metal canopy as this? Any advice.
I left my GPS on and flew through it with apprehension, it was somewhat unstable (scary) but not hard to handle.
I'll be doing video couple weeks from now, would like to get feed back.
Canopy.jpg I will be doing several trial runs before the actual shoot.
Thanks. Dang, I didn't proof read my title (metal)

Does it have the RealSense or an IPS module? If so, I'd go into forced IPS mode. Should be stable in altitude, but still a little bit wiggly in position.
And as for forced IPS mode, I really don't know if it truly uses the IPS or not. I have tried and it didn't seem to be real stable and lock in to one spot, but then again it could have been due to lack of a good enough surface texture. I just wish there was a Yuneec supplied method of going into IPS mode; a setting on the ST16 or something.

Reactions: THoff
Does it have the RealSense or an IPS module? If so, I'd go into forced IPS mode. Should be stable in altitude, but still a little bit wiggly in position.
And as for forced IPS mode, I really don't know if it truly uses the IPS or not. I have tried and it didn't seem to be real stable and lock in to one spot, but then again it could have been due to lack of a good enough surface texture. I just wish there was a Yuneec supplied method of going into IPS mode; a setting on the ST16 or something.
Thanks Kd4, I did see on YouTube how to activate IPS however I do not have RealsSense only OBS.

Reactions: kd4pbs
Just turn off GPS and fly gently. I've done it but I always take spotter. That way someone else is watching shot via monitor from HDMI or second ST in team mode. It's pretty hard to do anything radical if you operate in turtle.

Just turn off GPS and fly gently. I've done it but I always take spotter. That way someone else is watching shot via monitor from HDMI or second ST in team mode. It's pretty hard to do anything radical if you operate in turtle.
Ok, I'll go out to an open field give this a try, Thanks CC.

I haven't been under a metal canopy, but I have flown under heavy tree cover where I kept losing GPS and turned it off. As long as you keep your eyes on the H, give it gental stick inputs and aren't trying to fly anything crazy its very easy to control.

A robot helped you.:rolleyes:
Thank you RR!
I'll be in Houston Sept. 10th to assist in restoration and using my H. I'll have to head north on 49 then west since most roads are closed. Staying in Hempstead TX . Looks like I'll be there month or longer. Doing claims restoration for homes and businesses. How far are you from there maybe we can hook up sometime. Just found out about it today.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02