Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Dragonflyerthom

now I'm not going to say this will solve your problems but Yuneec was in such a rush to get us these THs I'm wondering. One of the techs helped me do a factory reset and it seems to have cleared my camera and video button problem.

2. horizontal

Dragon man: can you give us a bit more specificity on the camera problem you were experiencing? I assume the reset helped the switch lag or not responding to being pressed for video and still photos? Wonder how a reset could affect and issues? Some of you more technical minded might explain.

3. CAPTAINDRONE

Is the factory reset only on the ST16 or can you also do it on the Typhoon H?

4. Dragonflyerthom

The reset was on the ST16. I have gone to tech support 4 times. The first time I could stand on the two button and nothing. The tech was nice. Said after bout an hour to send it in.. Well I said I'd think bout it.. The next time I had gone into channel system, adjusted B3 and B4 freezing up the red start and throttle. We did a partial reset , got my camera and video to sort of work sometimes.
    I then found a work around on these buttons. I pushed and held the camera button then quickly pushed the video button, my video would work. Hold the video button and quickly push camera button and it would capture a picture. I thought if we are this close just maybe,but to no avail.
    Now I didn't learn my lesson the first time and thought just maybe if I adjust the button just a little. I froze that puppy solid. Called tech for a fourth time. Got a totally different guy, told him I needed to reset my ST. He proceeded to take me thru a factory reset. Well when we were done both buttons work perfectly. Now is this better

5. Goh

Goh

Yes, except unable to take a photo , other than this everything is perfect, can you show us how to carry out the factory reset

6. Dragonflyerthom

It will take a video and about 20 minutes but it will work. You will need to clear the data and set up a new aircraft rebind ST. Call tech support and ask for a tech not a customer service rep.

Goh likes this.
  7. Dragonflyerthom

I am a believer in you have not because you ask not. This should empower you to ask the right questions. It is possible some data is corrupt in the ST. It was a long trip. A thousand things could have happened. Fly Safe

8. CAPTAINDRONE

Could you share how a factory reset is done on the ST16, thanks.

9. Dragonflyerthom

Captain I will need to figure out how to post a video on here. It really is complicated at least for an old guy, hey if you want to call me I'll walk you thru it.

10. CAPTAINDRONE

No hurry on my part, but it's nice to know how to do a factory reset as it can get you out of a world of hurt. My repaired Typhoon is still in shipping transition between California and my neck of the woods.

11. Dragonflyerthom

I really think some not many have corrupted data on them. It is a real headache for some of us. This is too nice a piece of equipment for these problems.

12. GioPhoto

Each time I start up and start to fly I can take stills, then after 5 or 6 photos it stops working. Thought maybe too far away but that is ridiculous, was only about 50 ft away. Video button works, start/stop, no problem but no stills until I land and power off. Maybe I will search where someone has posted a video on how to do a factory reset. I did not try holding the video button and then hitting the still button but that is strange.

13. GioPhoto

I'm doing a job this evening and if I can't get this fixed in time I think I will just take video and do screen shots. Anyone do that, how is the quality?

14. Goh

Goh

You can post your videos to the YouTube and give us the link

15. Jody

Hi guys any ideas.
    Out flying my h and lost gps so had to fight to control and land .
    I managed to get it back to earth but had a slight flip, broke 3 rotors and landing leg.(now fixed)no other damage that I can see but now getting a no aunti collision avoidance warning on the st16.
    Do you think I may have damaged something internal.

16. CAPTAINDRONE

I believe that warning shows up if the switch is engaged with motors off and/or while in operation but on the ground. If it occurs while flying around, then you have an issue.

17. Eagle's Eye Video

K... I'm gonna ask what may be a stupid question, but hey it's one of my special talents. ;)

Now when you start the video recording, do you only press the video button once?

Reason I ask, is on my ST16, I've found I have to press the video button three times quickly,
    (kinda like a triple mouse click, if it existed). Same thing to stop video recording. I thought
    this was intentional on Yuneec's part, since it was more of a deliberate maneuver. That way
    you couldn't stop the video by mistake, by clicking the button once.

Being pretty new at this, I wouldn't know what the normal behavior of the controller is.

18. Graham

No, just the one short press to start and stop video and take photos.