Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Back to Yuneec again.

Reaction score
Just got my H back from repair, the GPS was bad. Now after latest update its like there is no SD card. No pictures on card. All pictures taken before updating is still there. Then on start up I noticed that altitude says .01 foot I start motors and it immediately goes to 30 feet without lifting off ground . I have done calibrations and reinstalling firmware and nothing helps. Get real feed up with the repair center having the bird longer than me.

Just got my H back from repair, the GPS was bad. Now after latest update its like there is no SD card. No pictures on card. All pictures taken before updating is still there. Then on start up I noticed that altitude says .01 foot I start motors and it immediately goes to 30 feet without lifting off ground . I have done calibrations and reinstalling firmware and nothing helps. Get real feed up with the repair center having the bird longer than me.

Slow down a bit, Tim. To start, for now don't worry about the height readout.

First: Right after you got it back, did you fly it?
Second: If you did and it seemed OK, which updates did you do? Did the updates take? In System Settings, are the new updates listed?

Third: You say a good SD card is not showing on the ST16? Remove the camera, push down on the tab while gently pulling the gimble forward and slide it off. Examine the rows of spring contacts on the drone side. It happens that one may stick down. If so, use a toothpick or knife point and push it sideways to spring it back out.

I understand your feelings at this point, I've been there myself as have many members here.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Second: If you did and it seemed OK, which updates did you do? Did the updates take? In System Settings, are the new updates listed?

Third: You say a good SD card is not showing on the ST16? Remove the camera, push down on the tab while gently pulling the gimble forward and slide it off. Examine the rows of spring contacts on the drone side. It happens that one may stick down. If so, use a toothpick or knife point and push it sideways to spring it back out.

I understand your feelings at this point, I've been there myself as have many members here.

V3. 04
Gimbal 1.25
Auto Pilot 1.35
Camera 3.2.34
Controler VO3. 01.b30
It now packed up for shipping. With that said I did not check points on camera (good point will remember in future). SD card was replaced as per repair. The GUI dose not even show my H hooked up to it. I think a ESC is going bad or a bearing going out. Which on I'm not shure. As for the altimeter reading I'm afraid of my height and my 430 feet or am I 370 feet. I just want to comply with 107 rules.

OK, so be it. You skipped most questions, but that's fine. Up to you, although I disagree with your ESC and bearing thinking.
I do wish you good luck, you have had a lot of problems since December.

If you are using a new SD card, or one you have viewed in your PC, you must make sure it has been formatted, and that you have properly ejected (unmounted) it from whatever device you have used to read it before putting it in the Typhoon.

If you pop out an SD card from a reader without properly unmounting it, it can be 'locked' to that machine and unreadable in other devices. It seems to work fine in your PC / ST-16 / laptop, but other devices will ignore it. Make sure you can read the card ok, then click 'Eject' or 'Unmount' (depending on what you're using to read it). Wait until the machine says it's safe to remove the card. Then you should be able to put it into the camera and it will read and write ok.

It's always worth checking the SD card first before shipping the whole thing back. Those cards are tough, but can fail over time.

Well after further investigation I found that the camera SD card has all my pictures and videos on. (to my relief). The card in the transmitter I thought was toast is not. Apps that where on the card are still there. Just no pictures/videos. So I'm thinking glitch while downloading over the air via WiFi. Won't do that again. As far as the ESC/motor going bad I have to disagree with Ray Ray. They do go bad and I know what they sound like when they do. But if I'm wrong I will apologize and say I was wrong to Ray Ray.

Oh jeez, you didn't know that nothing writes to a card in the ST-16 unless you manually transfer the file? Only temporary video and photos get to the -16 and they are over written when the max limits are exceeded. Those are not high quality. All the good stuff is on the camera card, which you must remove from the camera to download. RTFM and after that review firmware update PDF's on the Yuneec site.

Oh jeez, you didn't know that nothing writes to a card in the ST-16 unless you manually transfer the file? Only temporary video and photos get to the -16 and they are over written when the max limits are exceeded. Those are not high quality. All the good stuff is on the camera card, which you must remove from the camera to download. RTFM and after that review firmware update PDF's on the Yuneec site.
Didn't have any problems before updating. Every thing would show up on the card in the transmitter with no problems I would then transfer the card to my laptop and move pictures/videos then reformat the card and start a over

So you elected to save the 720p resolution over the 1080, 4k, and 4000-3000 photos? Again, read the documentation.. you've been saving the garbage and ignoring the good stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk