Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bald Eagle Circus

Absolutely cool. We see 2 to 4 Bald Eagles in Michigan, fishing on the melting ice and go nuts. This was way cool.

Simply an incredible video with incredible visual power.. As an American Indian whose Tribe - like most North American Native American Tribes - revered the Eagle far more than most other birds, I am just overwhelmed by the raw power displayed by the stately, fierce, and commanding presence those birds project. Just awesome.

Heck, I freak out whenever I see a single Eagle fly by here in Delaware where I live, as I was raised to believe that Eagles carry our prayers on their backs up to the Creator to deliver them. So if I'm driving and spot one in the sky, I'll bring my car to a fast halt, jam it into park, and throw out a prayer while the bird is still within my sight. Afterwards, I am always left with a good feeling, a naturally uplifting feeling that just makes sense to me organically. TRY it. You don't have to be Native American to learn and practice Our ways, ways that were intended to be shared with others.

It just HAS to be a rush feeding that many Eagles (ah! whap-pawn-top in my Native language), and being surrounded by their countless sharp, imposing golden beaks, considerable body weight draped in iconic feathers, and razor sharp talons, without any fear or hesitation on either the birds' or the people's parts. A very nice picture of a symbiotic relationship between man and the natural world.

It's hard to believe that the famous U.S.Founding Father Benjamin Franklin fought hard against the Eagle being officially named as America's national bird, opting and cheering instead for it to be the American Wild Turkey! Or that the early colonists, followed quickly by the flood of innumerable European settlers who drenched this land after them, nearly brought the American Bald Eagle population nationwide to the brink of extinction, throughout the entire lower 48 states, due to their wanton killing and destruction of Eagles and their habitats. The stark beauty and innate royalty of the Eagle was totally lost on them. Those folks believed Eagles were merely farmland pests to be gotten rid of as quickly as possible. And so they ignorantly slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Eagles as they "tamed" the land and conformed it to THEIR needs. Eagles were shot down from out of the sky even by President George Washington himself on his vast Virginia Commonwealth estate and by President Ronald Reagan, who once admitted while in office to shooting down "pesky" Eagles that disturbed him at his California ranch.

Luckily, federal laws were enacted - even if not observed by Reagan - that gave Eagles the protection they needed to eventually rise from the ashes, flourish, and reclaim their unique place in America's eyes and in the sky.

The fellow feeding the Eagles on deck obviously knows what he has there. Goes to show there are many ways to define wealth and accomplishment in life.

Last edited:
I used to live in Northwestern British Columbia. On the highway to Stewart/Hyder, you go through a tight valley. I have never seen so many Bald Eagles in one area before, or since. It was majestic to see them soaring and sitting in the trees. They would swoop down on the river and get salmon. Wish I had a picture to share, but they are all in my memories.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy