Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery care

It would seem some enterprising individual could come up with automated way of discharging a battery to a desired voltage without having to plug it in an H and hovering it for 10 minutes.
There is! That enterprising individual is named DJI !, Until one of the Einsteins on here does a charger mod, it run or hover. Or I just know if I am not going to fly for a while which is never, and on my last flight bring it down and pack it at 55%;)

It would seem some enterprising individual could come up with automated way of discharging a battery to a desired voltage without having to plug it in an H and hovering it for 10 minutes.
Most RC chargers do that. We just need a connector for the H battery to the charger.

Reactions: Loquacious
If I charge up the night before a days flying is that ok for the batteries to be a full charge for 12 to 18 hours?

Is it OK to interrupt a charge in progress and then continue it later?

I started a charge at home, but wanted to stop and move the charger to my car to let it finish charging in the vehicle but was unsure if it would mess anything up if I interrupted the current charging session.

I started a charge at home, but wanted to stop and move the charger to my car to let it finish charging in the vehicle but was unsure if it would mess anything up if I interrupted the current charging session.
Not to my knowledge

No problems doing this, the charger will carry on where it left off.

Reactions: Cilent1
Can anyone explain to me or point me to where I can find out how to read this chart? I have been landing at around 15 volts. I have did three flights. Appreciation in advance!

As a active member on a different Yuneec forum someone has already found a solution to the battery connector problem, which you will then be able connect to third party charger capable of selecting storage mode or alternatively charging once the correct settings have been selected on the charger for a 1c charge rate for your battery.
Typhoon H battery charging

These batteries sound like a royal pain to use. The drone itself might be nice & the camera may take great video & stills ... but the batteries sound like a joke to me.

Now remember, this is coming from a newb ... but with today's technology & such, this is the best they can come up with ??

And then a 2 1/2 charge time ... Oh My Heavens ... let the fun begin !!

These batteries sound like a royal pain to use. The drone itself might be nice & the camera may take great video & stills ... but the batteries sound like a joke to me.

Now remember, this is coming from a newb ... but with today's technology & such, this is the best they can come up with ??

And then a 2 1/2 charge time ... Oh My Heavens ... let the fun begin !!

They really aren't, Other than the charge time, which mine take about an hour to fully charge from about a 14.5 landing. And in a few weeks or less you can buy a rapid charger and do way better! Other than that , it's charge and fly, no problems at all!;)

So you feel, the 10/10 break in stuff, not being able to store them fully charged for any length of time, etc, isn't a pain ?? ... Ummm ...

Speaking of chargers, are there any aftermarket chargers out there right now a guy can use ?? I was looking at some LiPro chargers on Amazon, but I'm not sure which ones, if any, are usable for these touchy batteries.

Yes, I may be in a bad mood today, but the battery thing is making me rethink my need to buy one of these birds ... again ??

WHAT ?? ............ HAHAHAHA !!

So you feel, the 10/10 break in stuff, not being able to store them fully charged for any length of time, etc, isn't a pain ?? ... Ummm ...

Speaking of chargers, are there any aftermarket chargers out there right now a guy can use ?? I was looking at some LiPro chargers on Amazon, but I'm not sure which ones, if any, are usable for these touchy batteries.

Yes, I may be in a bad mood today, but the battery thing is making me rethink my need to buy one of these birds ... again ??

WHAT ?? ............ HAHAHAHA !!

Gunny, to me , the battery "issue" is just a way of life ! Any lipo drone you buy, your going to wait an hour or so, there is no way round it yet. Maybe in 5 years they will design solar chargers/ wind speed chargers on them so you can fly forever without a charge, but not in todays world ! As for the "Break In" period, do you not buy a car, because the manufacturer says to keep it below 70 for the first 500 miles, or to change the oil after the first thousand mile? It is just LIFE ! You can drive your car however you want, or fly your lipo's however your want, but these are just recommendations to get the most life out of something and enjoy them longer, not a problem to me my friend!

That's just it DC, about the break in. I've had lots of vehicle racing motors in the past, and I USE to break them in like "Everyone" said to. However, when I would go out to race, I'd get beat. (Not all the time mind you) So I asked this one guy who's bike was just so much faster than anyone else & asked him how come ... he asked me how I broke my motor in, I told him, & he replied that was the problem. He told me to break it in like I stole it. Yes, even then thou, he recommended not to get the motor overly hot, etc. but none of this 50 mph for a 100 miles, then 70 mph for another 100 or the under 70 mph for 500 miles. And ya know what, my bikes where a lot faster .... and the motors never gave me a problem & lasted just as long.

And about this battery break in, I swear last night I read a thread about doing almost the same thing as I mentioned above, not the take it easy approach, but I can't find that thread today ... I know, I'm not looking in the right place. Is there a "Search" option available ?? Cause I can't seem to locate that function either.

About the chargers, you're saying none of the ones, currently on Amazon, can be used to charge the batteries for the H ?? And there are suppose to be new chargers out in a week or so (or a month perhaps ??) that will charge the H batteries a bit quicker ?? ....... also, from what I read about someplace about the hour charge time you mentioned, you felt you still had 50% of usable battery life left ... right ??

Yes, if a guy gets one of these birds, or any toy or camera that requires batteries, one has to put up with & deal with the charge times ... I fully understand that ... doesn't mean I have to like it thou, right ?? ....

Explain to me again why these batteries are so good ?? .......................................... J/K !!

That's just it DC, about the break in. I've had lots of vehicle racing motors in the past, and I USE to break them in like "Everyone" said to. However, when I would go out to race, I'd get beat. (Not all the time mind you) So I asked this one guy who's bike was just so much faster than anyone else & asked him how come ... he asked me how I broke my motor in, I told him, & he replied that was the problem. He told me to break it in like I stole it. Yes, even then thou, he recommended not to get the motor overly hot, etc. but none of this 50 mph for a 100 miles, then 70 mph for another 100 or the under 70 mph for 500 miles. And ya know what, my bikes where a lot faster .... and the motors never gave me a problem & lasted just as long.

And about this battery break in, I swear last night I read a thread about doing almost the same thing as I mentioned above, not the take it easy approach, but I can't find that thread today ... I know, I'm not looking in the right place. Is there a "Search" option available ?? Cause I can't seem to locate that function either.

About the chargers, you're saying none of the ones, currently on Amazon, can be used to charge the batteries for the H ?? And there are suppose to be new chargers out in a week or so (or a month perhaps ??) that will charge the H batteries a bit quicker ?? ....... also, from what I read about someplace about the hour charge time you mentioned, you felt you still had 50% of usable battery life left ... right ??

Yes, if a guy gets one of these birds, or any toy or camera that requires batteries, one has to put up with & deal with the charge times ... I fully understand that ... doesn't mean I have to like it thou, right ?? ....

Explain to me again why these batteries are so good ?? .......................................... J/K !!

I personally do not break my batteries in so rigorously and on my Phantom's I flew them down to 15% from day one, and they are over a year old on some and still ticking and flying the same length of time ! So no I do not baby them, I land my bird at 14.3-14.5 volts, so according to the green battery level bars I am at 50% and 17-19 minutes flight. So I believe the bars are not accurate, on the DJI's it tells me in %'s so I just land after or in between first level battery warning which it tells me accurately I am at 15-20 %, DJI uses Smart batteries, why the cost a bit more !. Just buy the dog and fly the **** out of her and if your battery dies in a month ,buy more!
By the way, you were losing most of your races you stated, because you were not using Castrol Motor Oil ! LOL;)

Reactions: GunnyE9

It's not about buying aftermarket quick charger(There are many) It is the battery connector configuration that needs to be design to attach from AM charge to H battery, Some have even gone as far as removing the pin block from the H charger and soldering it on their charge leads! Soon will be out!

Reactions: GunnyE9
Everyone keeps talking about discharging to 55%, why are we talking in percent when as far as I can see the ST16 only shows volts? I have seen 15.4 volts mentioned, is this 55%?
I have also seen metioned if discharged then charge up to 55% for storage, well how exactly are you supposed to do that?

Everyone keeps talking about discharging to 55%, why are we talking in percent when as far as I can see the ST16 only shows volts? I have seen 15.4 volts mentioned, is this 55%?
I have also seen metioned if discharged then charge up to 55% for storage, well how exactly are you supposed to do that?
Because most platforms give it to you in %'s Yuneec chose to use voltage and in %'s you normal good to 20% on land and people are trying to convert that to Yuneec H voltage, which I care less about now, I fly till 1st battery warning and land

Because most platforms give it to you in %'s Yuneec chose to use voltage and in %'s you normal good to 20% on land and people are trying to convert that to Yuneec H voltage, which I care less about now, I fly till 1st battery warning and land
Sorry I was mainly referring to storage percent or voltage?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital