Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

battery life

Reaction score
Hi there,
I would like to ask you what is the battery life/ max flight time you get with your H?
I am facing a problem with my genuin batteries, I can't get more than 4-5 minutes.
I boght two extra aftermarket batteris, one GiFi Power 6400mAh and one Cameron Sino 6300mAh but are not much better (7-8 minutes)?
Is that normal?
I am thinking to move on to other brand.

For more reference material than you might care for, use the forum search function to expose hundreds of threads on this subject. Click on the little magnifying glass at the top right of your screen. You might also take a few minutes to research the proper use and properties associated with lipo batteries to obtain a better understanding of conditions that influence their performance. The same search function will expose many references to that information.

Your question cannot be answered with the limited information you've provided. You fail to note how you are flying, the weather conditions, how you are handling the batteries in charging and storage. Depending on those influences the flight time you are obtaining could be absolutely normal.

What’s your charger and how many flight cycles are on the low batteries? The advertised time is always a best case marketing ploy. A new Yuneec power 4 is good for a pushed 18 minutes but my older ones are down to 12-14 minutes before 14.5 volts shows up. Colder weather can dramatically decrease flight time as well. Of course wind will also drain a battery faster then flying in calm skies. How much you run at full speed also factors in. You can over run a LiPo easily and loose capacitance in cells that then makes the battery less reliable. Once I get an Ohm reading over over 15 on a cell, I turn that battery into a test and set up only battery. The Yuneec charger in my opinion damages batteries over time as it does not balance well. Also you can’t check anything nor discharge for storage or trickle charge. There are numerous posts here about 3rd party chargers.

Hi there,
I would like to ask you what is the battery life/ max flight time you get with your H?
I am facing a problem with my genuin batteries, I can't get more than 4-5 minutes.
I boght two extra aftermarket batteris, one GiFi Power 6400mAh and one Cameron Sino 6300mAh but are not much better (7-8 minutes)?
Is that normal?
I am thinking to move on to other brand.
I agree with PatR. You haven't given us enough information for us to give good advice.

A couple of the main reasons that a LI-PO battery delivers a poor performance is 1) the cold, 2) previously being discharge to a very low voltage level, 3) a great number of charge cycles, 4) very aggressive flying style.

Are you flying in cold temperatures? Have you been past the low voltage warning? How aggressive are you with your flying style?

In normal conditions (not cold, not windy and not flying aggressively) I would say that 4-5 minutes is quite low. I would expect a flight time of 15 minutes without reaching the low battery level warning. Is your charger performing as it should?

If you fly to be world champ in drone-speeding you will not ever have more then 5 minutes flying time, no matter what battery you choose.
The H is awfully fast,but that comes with a price (it weighs around 2 kilograms).

I would be looking at your chargers before buying more batteries.

Last edited:
I have the same thing with my 2 batteries. Not much more than 5 minutes slowish flying while filming in around 15 Celsius and mostly moderate winds. I have done around 200 flights so far with my H.

Ignorance made me ruin my batteries,
I am totally guilty of flying them "empty" for the first 50 flights or so, charging them with stock charger and leaving them charged for days and days. I now have 2 balance chargers, I try to never go below 14,5V. Kind of practicing a new battery conform routine and will probably buy new batteries soon and those I am sure will last a lot longer.
Thanks to all the info on this forum I am looking forward to experiencing a big difference in the performance of the new batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66