Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bird surveying my H

Reaction score
I was taking pics of a golf course out at Winter Haven FL, this bird was surveying running circles around my H. I finally landed didn't take a chance on who would win the war. But my picture show that I won after initiating antiaircraft gunnery in progress his tail is on fire.;):rolleyes: Bird Surveying.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr
I was taking pics of a golf course out at Winter Haven FL, this bird was surveying running circles around my H. I finally landed didn't take a chance on who would win the war. But my picture show that I won after initiating antiaircraft gunnery in progress his tail is on fire.;):rolleyes: View attachment 6971
Loos like you scared sh!@ out of it LOL.

That's a crane or egret. They eat fish and frogs, and not usually aggressive. Perhaps it was feeling amorous until you ruined "the mood";)

Reactions: AH-1G
I thought it was funny, obviously meant to be.

Now on a completely serious note: I have at least one resident buzzard (and no snarky comments about resident implications). Now and then he/she decides to check my TH out. Buzzards, if you don't know, have poor acceleration.

My in-law, observing my zoom up at the hapless bird and the distress I caused, informed me that Buzzards, note the cap, are protected by Federal Law. Yikes, what a killjoy! Now I look for sparrows...but so far look in vain.

It gets worse. Buzzards, when faced with a fight or flight situation (preferring flight) can empty the contents of their stomachs to "lighten the load". Seen it happen, with those stomach contents plastered all over my windshield. The smell is beyond awful...

Starlings should be fair game though.

You can't fool me, that picture has been photo shopped! :D

I had a hawk take aim at my H recently so I quickly got out of his hunting area and moved on. It would not have ended well for either bird.

That's a crane or egret. They eat fish and frogs, and not usually aggressive. Perhaps it was feeling amorous until you ruined "the mood";)
Being the most Yuneec (intended pun) handsome bird, I wonder if that egret thought I was after it's territorial food? Oh well, it was interesting to say the least

Last edited:
Most birds are protected by migratory bird treaty act. Exceptions are house sparrows, starlings, and pigeons. However, you should be made aware, in fact all UAV operators should know, it is against the law to harass any animal from the air. Refer to the airborne hunting act.

Most birds are protected by migratory bird treaty act. Exceptions are house sparrows, starlings, and pigeons. However, you should be made aware, in fact all UAV operators should know, it is against the law to harass any animal from the air. Refer to the airborne hunting act.
I am very aware of this, I was not harassing the bird! At the same time I'm not an tree hugger, environmentalist or bird watcher!!!!

Down Under we have Wedge Tail Eagles in the Air. They attack so we learn avoidance tactics. Manouver the UAV upwards, sharp right turn. Watch to see what happens. Birds never fly into each other head on, they naturally fly to their right to avoid.
Have faith in your flying abilities that the bird,raptor gets the message.

Had the same thing happen to me but it was a Hawk who tried to take it down. I landed before he could.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn