Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Brand new st16 screen goes black on second flight attempt

Reaction score
Just got my brand new typhoon with st16 first day three beautiful flights everything worked well. Second day screen got lines in it before takeoff then went black however the motors would start but no picture in the screen. Do I need to send this in or is there a fix I can do at home.

Just got my brand new typhoon with st16 first day three beautiful flights everything worked well. Second day screen got lines in it before takeoff then went black however the motors would start but no picture in the screen. Do I need to send this in or is there a fix I can do at home.
If the screen is black and shows no images at all then it sounds like the video portion of the ST16 has failed. If that is the case, you will need to contact Yuneec unless you can return it for a replacement at the location where you purchased it.
If you must call Yuneec, ask if they will cross-ship an ST16 rather than send it in for repair. It could easily take 6 weeks to get it back. Maybe longer.

If the screen is black and shows no images at all then it sounds like the video portion of the ST16 has failed. If that is the case, you will need to contact Yuneec unless you can return it for a replacement at the location where you purchased it.
If you must call Yuneec, ask if they will cross-ship an ST16 rather than send it in for repair. It could easily take 6 weeks to get it back. Maybe longer.

Thank you Mr. Carr. Sure hope we don't run into any problems when I call them on Monday six weeks will not cut it. Thank you very much for sharing this information

Just a quick thought. Can you hit the back button into the Android tablet menu? If so it might be the screen brightness settings. You can also try plugging the ST16 into an HDMI port on a tv or monitor to see if it really is the screen not operating correctly. HDMI port is on top of the ST16 near the antennas.

Just a quick thought. Can you hit the back button into the Android tablet menu? If so it might be the screen brightness settings. You can also try plugging the ST16 into an HDMI port on a tv or monitor to see if it really is the screen not operating correctly. HDMI port is on top of the ST16 near the antennas.
It got it to boot up momentarily last night but line came up immediatley...horizontal lines then crashed again. I will try the hdmi suggestion and let you know. Thanks!

Reactions: Steve Carr
I tried plugging into hdmi and nothing came up on my tv...just says no signal.. Thanks I was sure hoping it would work. EJ

It was worth a shot. Contact customer support in the morning (Pacific Daylight Time) and have them send a new st16 and an RMA to send that one back. Make sure you convince them to send one at the same time you send yours back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia